Sixteenth Interlude

For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“When the water has run dry, sit and watch for the rising clouds.” 

**********************************************************************************

A Rift : The Wolf Growls

Part 3

‘I need to breath, calm down … I must calm myself. Think positive come on … she might have bought it and haven’t got the chance in telling me about it. Damn it.. calm down! Get a grip will you!’ I shouted at myself inside my head while kept on walking towards the shore.

“Oppa?!” I heard her voice, I stopped walking and  I turned to my horror  as I saw her walking out the car and following me.  I have woken her up , she was  staggering  down walking towards me with her heels and  I cursed myself  to have woken her up in that method. 

‘Fool! Look what have you done! Now you've got some explaining to do.  Damn it Joon!’

“Oppa…, are you okay?” She asked as she came closer, there were traces of haziness left in her face. She looked at me worriedly.

“Ah.. ahahah sorry did I wake you… I guess I did, I accidentally closed the door too hard, I think the wind caught it and pushed it harder than I expected.”

I tried to  laugh my way out and blamed on the innocent sea breeze. Ji Eun stared at me, I could see that she didn’t really buy my reasoning. I bit my inner cheeks nervously as I kept trying to find ways to wiggle myself out from the situation.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes… I guess I got a little too excited to see the sea. Look… isn’t it beautiful?” I opened my arms as I turned my  body to the left and right  exaggeratingly.

 “It made me wanted to run and scream freedom …” I continued on with an awkward laugh.

‘She won’t buy it… aishhh...'

Ji Eun tilted her head in concern,  but then she shook her head and gigled.

“You are weird oppa.”

“ahaha… I guess I am,” I scratched my not itchy head awkwardly.

“…but I got to agree with you oppa, it is beautiful here.”  She closed her eyes as she breath in the sea air and bath herself with the shimmering soft gold moonlight.  The place wasn’t the brightest area, the street light was quite far from where we stood, but to me she was bright and beautiful. I was more mesmerized by her than anything that surrounded us. As I gazed her deeply I couldn’t help the sudden lonely feeling that crept in my heart, the longing feeling and I knew…
 

‘I can’t lose her, not in a million years… I would die if I lose her’

“You are more beautiful than any of this,” I said softly.  It was so soft that it was drown by the sound of waves.  She opened her eyes and gazed back at me with a questioning look.

“Did you say something oppa?”

“Nah… I didn’t, let’s stay here for another ten minutes, after that we need to check in, it is late after all”

She nodded in agreement  and I stepped closer to her until I was in front of her. Slowly I  circled my arms around her petite waist; hugging her gently like I was afraid I might crush her with my hug.  She replied my hug by hugging back, as I rested my head on her shoulder I could feel her snuggled in my chest. We didn’t say much but enjoying the surrounding and the warm hug as we closed our eyes. These quiet random moments that were more than once always recharged me, I love on how I could just be quiet at times without worrying on what to say or do around her. She has this calming atmosphere that made me feel at home and at ease. Most people knew energetic Joon Gi more than the quiet one, they found me weird if I went quiet suddenly. But no matter how energetic I am, it can be exhausting at times and only Ji Eun that managed to give me the place where I feel at peace and collected. Only her…

‘… Keep the positive thought… He won’t snatch her away from you… Yeah, that right…. I could just ask her later about the earrings. She would probably laugh it off an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter