Twelfth Interlude

For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“When the water has run dry, sit and watch for the rising clouds.” 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THE BATTLE OF HEARTS

Requested by NamCheruru  (sorry if this is not fluffy romantic date story, hopefully you can still enjoy it)

PART 3

As Ji Eun scanned Joon Gi’s face for an answer the silence hung in the air like the suspended moment before a falling glass shatters on the ground. The air felt thick and cold, too cold for a summer night. She could feel turmoil in her heart slowly increasing like fire and she realized that she hardly breathing.

‘What’s going on? Something is definitely not right ... I … am … scared.’

“What’s going on?” She forced herself to ask the question. She expected him to drop the bomb, whatever it was. Instead Joon Gi  got up  from his seat, stretched his body and yawned. He looked at her as if nothing was wrong.

“Oh my, I think I just dozed like a few second there. Let’s go back to sleep?”

Ji Eun knew it was a lie, but she was too scared to force an answer from him. So she decided to keep it inside her heart and quietly followed him back to bed. That night she couldn’t sleep and there’s so many time she had the idea to go and check on his phone.

‘There’s got to be some kind of bad news… that’s why he is acting all strange, but why he kept it to himself… We already made promise to be honest to each other…’

She glanced at him, his back… tonight they didn’t cuddle like yesterday and she never felt this lonely in her life. She gently laid her hand on his back, pull herself closer to him, and snuggle her face on his back.

“Oppa… please remember… I love you,” her soft voice lingers in the dark. She could feel his body stiffen for a few seconds before he finally took her arm, wrapped it on him, and held her hand tightly.

“I … know,” he whispered back, “and… I love you so much more Ji…”

Then silence took place, both of them with their own thoughts.

---

Ji Eun fell asleep somewhere between the painful silent night and the early dawn, she didn’t sleep comfortably. Nightmare that she couldn’t really remember haunted her and she woke up startled by a soft touch on her lips. The first thing she saw was him, his face was so close and his eyes blinked in surprise and guilt.

“Sorry…,” that’s the first word came from his lips. He then awkwardly pulled back but was stopped by Ji Eun arms that instinctively wrapped around him. She pushed her body up and gave him a deep kiss, desperately. He was completely unprepared by it, but it took only a second before he slammed his lips on her, pressed his tongue and delved inside . Ji Eun arms tangled around his strong neck, her hand crept up to his hair, tangling and caressing his messy bed hair.  He pulled her closer as he could, making her body arched up against his. The heat of body contacts made her moaned between the kisses. When they drew away for some air she could see how his eyes were gazing deeply at her; love and desire mixed in with desperation and sadness. Time flowed in like a lazy snail, while both of them were speaking with their eyes, trying to find answers between the deep gazes.

“… do you want to stay in bed today?” Joon Gi broke the silence; his voice was husky, hoarse and filled with desire.

Ji Eun didn’t answer for a few seconds before finally she smiled mischievously, “nope… Promenade Plantee is waiting.” She chuckled at his disappoint face as he rolled out back to bed.

“Ugh… you are mean Ji…,” Joon Gi grunted and placed his hands over his face, “really … really mean, just you wait! I am so going to make you pay back.”

“Are you now?” Ji Eun raised her eyebrows teasingly while looking at him.  Joon Gi stared back at her with undescribable expression, then he suddenly jump on her and tickling her. Their laugh filled the morning and Ji Eun decided to put away her worries in the corner of her heart.

‘Everything will be okay, he loves me. We can make it… I am sure’

---

Ji Eun chose to wear a white skirt with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter