A new team

We are a family

One particular day Yerin and Sojung  stopped infront of the glass door of the practice room before going in and gave each other cuestioning looks. Inside the room, a girl who they didnt know and with a gifted voice was practicing her vocal skills. 

"Unnie, Who is she?"- Yerin asked in a whisper still looking at the new girl. 

 

"I don't know Yerin-ah but she is amazing" Sojung whispered back. "Unnie, Let's go in and introduce ourselves!"-the always friendly girl said excited as she opened the door and walking towards the girl, leaving an still amazed Sojung standing outside the practice room. 

"Hello! Im Jung Yerin, nice to meet you!- Yerin said a little to loud to make sure the unknown girl listened. The girl quickly stopped singing and looked at the eye smiling girl. 

"Oh, hello, im Choi Yuna, the new trainee" said the girl while smiling and bowing a little. 

"You are really talented, so talented that you left my Unnie frozen in place"- Yerin said in a giggle as she looked at Sojung, who right on cue walked inside the small room. 

"Im sorry, im Kim Sojung, welcome to the company and you are really talented by the way"- the tallest girl said while smiling shyly. Sojung noticed how tall Yuna was, very tall but not taller than her. 

After they commented their ages and Sojung realized that she was still the oldest, they joined Yuna with her vocal training and just like with Yerin, the tallest girl decided that she liked Yuna and she hoped they would be a good team. 

 ————————•————————

Two weeks later during a dance training the practice room door opened and a serious looking girl walked in slowly, she looked lost yet she walked with confidence. The intruder looked around the room and stopped when she spotted the three girls who were stretching and talking loudly until the girl walked in, now they were silent and looking at her with curiosity. 

"Hello, im Hwang Eunbi, Is this the practice room for trainees?"- she said with a cold tone yet her eyes were filled with expectation. 

Just like the other time Yerin was the first one to act, she quickly stood up and introduced to the new girl, the other two girls did the same and after some talking they starting practicing again. 

 

To the trio's surprise, Eunbi catched up really fast with the dance they were practicing and proved to be a really good dancer. When they finished practicing they had lunch and got to know each other better and the oldest girl, for the third time, made the decision, she liked Eunbi and she was going to believe in what the young girl could add to the team. 

 

After a few days, the girls discovered that the "cold looking girl" was only on the outside when Eunbi's beagle-like personality came out as she quickly adjusted to being the youngest, playing and joking around, but she was always serious during dance practice where she would take and important role in helping her unnies improve. 

 

Yerin, who noticed Eunbi's talent for dancing asked

"Since when have you been practicing your dancing Eunbi-ah?"

to what the girl answered that she was part of a dance team when she was yourger and that she's been dancing since a really young age. It wasn't a surprise for Sojung though, she already had her theories about the youngest girl previous training, all based on the passion in Eunbi's eyes everytime she dances, the determination to improve and the confidence that only time and hard work can give to someone. 

Sojung felt like their team was slowly but strongly coming together, even though another trainee came and went, she was happy and she felt like she belonged. Yerin was like a vitamin, giving all of them the energy to keep going. Yuna was always doing random things and singing songs helping cheer them up. Eunbi was like a younger sister who helps you but also teases you, and even though the girl was sometimes hard to deal with when she was in her bossy mode, Sojung already felt like she wanted to protect the younger girl. Lastly, herself, she was the oldest and so she was there to support and guide  the girls, she wanted to be like a wise but fun old sister to the girls and she was going to work hard for it. 

 

 ————————•————————

 

One particular day, Yuna arrived later than the rest of the girls to the practice room, claiming that she had overslept but Sojung noticed how the girl was more distracted than normal during practice, earning some nagging from Eunbi and she was also awfully quiet. When Yerin and Eunbi went to buy some lunch, the taller girl approached Yuna. 

 

"Yuna-ah, Are you alright?"- Sojung asked as she placed her hand in the other girl's shoulder

 

"Yes, unnie dont worry it's just...i saw a former trainee from the company today and...and she" Yuna let out a sight "that girl said a few things that really made me think" she continued while looking down

 

"Oh, What did she say?"- asked Sojung more worried and curious than before- "Did she say something mean to you? Who was she? Do you want me to talk to her" - continued the older girl while lifting Yuna's chin to make her look at her. 

 

"She said that I should join her in her new company, that i can never succeed here and that im wasting my talent" said the sad looking girl while looking down again. 

 

An unsettling thought invaded the oldest girl's mind, Yuna was such a good singer, Why would she stay in this small company? And after this incident she was going to leave soon for sure, just like the others, and the weird feeling of betrayal would hit Sojung. She didn't know if she could take it, she really liked this new team, she really liked these girls and losing one was definitely going to hurt. 

 

As if she could read her mind Yerin, who was standing in the doorframe with Eunbi, asked with a monotone tone 

 

"You are going to leave us, arent you?- Sojung looked at the girl who was standing still and by her face it was obvious that she had heard everything. Yerin looked hurt and sad, something that wasn't very fitting for the eye smiling girl. 

 

Yuna also looked at the girls and her face showed pure shock-"What? No, Yerin unnie I don't..it's just...what i mean is that"- she tried to explain herself but was interrupted by Eunbi. 

 

"It's okay if you are leaving, i mean I understand if you do" - Sojung had never seen Eunbi like this, its like the young girl built a wall around herself, her face showed no expression and she had a cold look in her eyes but the taller girl saw a glimpse of hurt in them. She later learned that Eunbi did that when she didn't wanted the other people to know hows she is feeling, she protects herself by putting a cold façade, and also when she is meeting new people. Sojung would describe her as a "Tsundere". 

 

"No! Girls please listen to me, i wont leave I promise, i want this to work, but she did made me realize something, What if no one else joins the company? What if we are forced to separate at the end?"- Yuna said with a sad voice and teary eyes- "i got rejected by a bigger company once so I don't think the others will accept me. My dream is to be a singer and i wont give up on it but if we are forced to separate i wouldn't know where to start again"- she continued while looking at the girls. 

 

Sojung hugged her and said loud enough for all of them to hear -"let's  hope for only good things to happen, let's only worry in working hard as a team for now" she then looked at Yuna "and you dont need to worry about that, you wont get rejected again because you wont need to leave"- Yuna only nodded as an answer while both the girls at the doorframe walking into the room and joined the hug. 

 

"We are a team, we'll work hard"- said Eunbi who was back to her normal (beagle) self. 

 ————————•————————

Hey! Second chapter YaY! I really hope you guys like it! Thank you for my first two comments, i really appreciate it :)

Next chapter Umji and Eunha will joing the team so please anticipate a lot -javi.