Eunha's pout

We are a family

2016 SBS Gayo Daejun

 

Everything was ready, all the girls were in their positions. The camera men and the light crew were getting ready to follow all the indications as on the rehearsals.

 

Eunha was standing in a platform, trying to keep calm. Since in past award shows both Sinb and Yuju had a solo, now it was Eunha's turn. She was going to sing the first few verses of Navillera. Yes, they had previously recorded it to use it as back up track but Eunha was still going to sing live, that's the plan. 

 

The girls were going to perform after Twice who were also ready in their positions. 

 

The MCs started introducing both Twice and Gfriend, and then the camera showed Twice. "1,2,3 Start!"- all of them heard the Staff members through their in-ear peace. 

 

But when the song started, it wasn't Twice's TT, but Gfriend' Navillera with Eunhas back up tracks.  Oh no

 

Twice members were frozen in their spots, they looked at each other trying to understand what was happening and what they should do. Sana even did a little dance. 

 

Behind the stage the rest of Gfriend members were panicking, this was going to give them so much trouble. 

 

"Unnie! What do we do?"- Umji asked Sowon as she held her hand.

 

Sinb was worried, she kept walking from one side to another until she lost it and tried to look at the stage only to be held by Yerin "No, don't Sinb-ah, we can't go out"

 

"But Eunha unnie is there and..."

 

"But we can't ask her how she is right now, ok? All we can do right now is do what we are here to do"

 

"Yerin is right, all we can do is go out, do our thing and then leave"- Said Sowon coldly, but inside she was the most worried. She wanted to get out and get Eunha as badly as Sinb but she knew that as the leader she was responsible for making the right decisions and now all they could do is not letting this affect them. 

 

"Unnie, they will think we do lip sync"- said Yuju who was obviously worried and playing with her hands. They all knew that, they all knew right away the consequences this was going to have but no one had been brave enough to say it. 

 

Yerin who was still holding Sinb hugged Yuju too, while all of them shared the worry for the older Eunbi. 

 

 ————————•————————

 

Eunha was lost, she didn't know what to do. Her first instinct was to get off the platform but everything was dark and she heard someone through the in-ear piece telling her to please wait. She could hear the public laughing and screaming. She was getting more and more frustrated. 

 

They are going to think that i use lip synk, that i can't sing, that i don't deserve to be the lead singer...

 

Suddenly the music stopped and Twice's TT started playing waking Eunha from her trance. 

 

No

 

She needed to concentrate, she was going to finish this and then she would cuddle with her members and forget this ever happened. 

 

Even though the older Eunbi has settled her mind, she was still sad that her solo has been ruined. 

 

And that's when the camera showed her, pouting and fixing her hair. Eunha took a deep breath and sang. She overworked her voice a little bit just to make sure that the people could hear her voice on top of the pre -recording. And when her solo ended, the platform went down to normal level were the other members were waiting for her. Eunha avoided looking at them, not because she was ashamed, but if she made eye contact she would cry. 

 

They finished the performance without any more inconveniences, the music stopped and the lights were turned off. 

 

Eunha felt a hand grab her arm and someone hugged her shoulders. They walked in silence until they reached the dressing room. 

 

Then...Chaos. 

 

Sinb, who was holding Eunha's hand quickly pulled from her Unnie's hand and when they were close enough she checked to see if her unnie was fine. 

 

Sowon who was hugging Eunha got also pulled and said "ya!" But she quickly shut up when she realized that Eunha was pouting. 

 

Both Yerin and Yuju started talking very loudly "it doesn't matter"

"Nobody will remember it in a few days"

"Im sure nobody will talk about it"

 

"Unnies! You are not helping her!"- Said Umji as she joined the circle around Eunha. 

 

"She is overwhelmed"- Sowon was worried. 

 

"Eunha unnie, Are you ok?"- asked Sinb with the softest voice that she only used every once in a while. 

 

Eunha took a deep breath and nodded, Yerin and Sowon shared a look she is not ok. 

 

"Maybe not" Eunha said when she noticed the weird look between her unnies. 

 

"Eunha-ah you know this means nothing, it wasn't your fault and everybody knows you can..."-yuju got interrupted by Eunha. 

 

"But they will write bad thing about us and i..."

 

"You couldn't prevent it Unnie, nobody could"

 

"Umji is right, and just because you had back up vocals doesn't mean you need lip sync"

 

Eunha looked at her members faces, even though they all knew they would get criticized, all they were worried about was about her. That last thought made her smile a little bit and forget her frustration. 

 

"We are going to be ok"

 

"Yes we are"

 

 ————————•————————

 

It was late at night and the girls were on their way home, the Eunbis sitting at the back were talking quietly ty avoid waking up the other members, except of Umji who was watching some videos on her phone with headphones. 

 

"Do you remember unnie?"

 

"Of course i do! You avoided me for a whole week"

 

"I was because i was angry at you! We needed to focus and not overthink but all you kept doing was crying"

 

"I didn't cry!"

 

"You did unnie!"- Sinb laughed at Eunha's face and Eunha could only smile. She was feeling better about what happened, the members made sure that she wouldn't overthink it. 

 

"Okay...maybe a little bit, but we were kids!"

 

"I know unnie"- Sinb placed her head on Eunha's shoulder and added-" i love you unnie"

 

"I know, i love you too"

 

Sinb suddenly sat again and pointed a finger at Eunha "Ya! You will tell us if somethings isn't right or you don't feel comfortable or something ok?"

 

"Hwang Eunbi, Are you talking down on me?"

 

"Umm no?"-Sinb turned her back towards her unnie as she buried her face on the seat. 

 

"Ya!"- Eunha laughed at Sinb's behavior- "i will, I promise"

 

"Good" and just like that Sinb was back to normal makings Eunha smile again. 

 

 ————————•————————

 

The next day articles about the incident were all over but no Gfriend member read or commented any of them. Instead, they made sure to have a great time together and to take this chance to be stronger as a team. 

 

 ————————•————————

Hey! Im back :) im feeling so much better now, thank you for all your comments they really helped me -Javi