Home

We are a family

If Sojung had to pick a few moments that make her feel that the whole adventure of becoming an idol had started, she would pick the moment they had to give up their phones, when they were told their group name, when they heard their debut single for the first time and... when they moved in together. 

 

Excitement and disappointment mixed together when they arrived to  their new house. Sojung knew that their dorm was going to be small but it was really small. Only two rooms and one bathroom, no space for a couch or a big enough closet (that’s why the girls couldn’t never buy that many clothes). This was one of the many disadvantages of being under a poor company. Despite the disappointment, All the girls were excited, this was the beginning. 

 

It was decided that the Unnie line were going to share a room and the rest of the girls in the other one. Bunk beds were the solution for the lack of space. 

 

“I want to sleep on the top bed!”- said Sinb as soon as she entered the room and climbed the ladder of one of the bunk bed. 

 

“Me too!!”- Eunha quickly added as she copied Sinb’s actions. 

 

“Hey! Wait! Let Yewon choose too”- said Yuju as she entered the room carrying three bags at once. “I don’t mind unnie, you can choose first and I’ll take the remaining one”- said Umji as she entered the room and smiled at Yuju. 

 

“Yewon, you are to kind for your own good” said Sowon as she back hugged Umji and laughed at the Eunbis.-“you too are so alike sometimes it’s scary”

 

“Aish unnie, i am clearly smarter” said Sinb making everyone laugh except from Eunha who just screamed “ya!!!” And pouted. 

 

“Where is Yerin unnie?” -Asked Sinb. “Asleep”- said Sowon making everyone laugh again. 

 

At first everything was a little tough, from sharing 1 bathroom, to deciding what to eat, but the girls wanted to enjoy the experience so they worked hard to make that tiny apartment into their home. They would cook together, watch Kdramas together, sneak something to drink and even play Just Dance. 

 

One day, after practice, the girls were just too overwhelmed so Sowon suggested they went out, and so they did. 

 

“Unnie, Do you think we are going to get in trouble? It’s 3 Am now” Said Sinb as she walked while holding hands with Umji. “I don’t know Sinb-ah, but let’s enjoy this while we can”

 

“Where are we going?” Eunha was wrapped in a blanket as she walked next to Yerin, who was carrying a ball. 

 

“Han river?”

 

“Yeah”

 

“Should we buy something to eat?” Said Yuju while rubbing her stomach “We are still dieting unnie” answered Umji while grabbing Yuju’s arm. 

 

They sat by the river and enjoyed the view, then they played softball. Before returning they grabbed each other hands and made a promise, no matter what happens, no matter how many hardships they encounter, they would stay together, always together, because they were a family. 

 

By the time they arrived back at the dorm, almost everyone at the company knew about their little escape, needless to say they weren’t happy but with a little explaining and a lot of aegyo, they just make the girls promise to never do it again. 

 

2017

 

Sojung was the first one to enter their new house. It was big, way bigger than the last one. She was awestruck. Three rooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen completely separated from the living room. A gigantic Tv and a couch, THEY EVEN HAVE A COUCH NOW! And big enough for the 6 of them. And a walkin closet for all of them! It was a separate room just for clothes. And overall there is just so much free space. 

 

Sowon was frozen at the door frame when Yerin lightly pushed her into the dorm. One by one the girls walked in to inspect their new house. Sinb was last, carrying all the bags as punishment for losing the game they played at the car. She quickly dropped everything and investigated the kitchen. 

 

“Unnie! The fridge is full! And oh we have ramen!!”- she screamed full of energy making everyone laugh. Umji quickly ran to her and together they decided on what to eat. 

 

“We need to buy a bookshelf!”- said Yuju “Yeah! Since GFriend are literary girls we read books!” Answered Eunha who was already laying down on the couch. “I mean for the fan gifts Eunha-ah” the 97 line laugh while Yerin waved her hand in front of Sowon’s face who was frozen in front of the walkin closet. “Unnie! Wake up unnie! We need to unpack!” 

 

“No, wait! we need to choose our roommates” said Sinb walking into the living room while eating a banana, Umji was behind carrying a bottle of water. 

 

“Should we share rooms like we do in overseas schedules?” Asked the maknae while joining Eunha. “Mmm maybe” Sowon wasn’t entirely sure about it “what if we play rock paper scissors?”

 

“YES!”

 

“Oh no im so bad at it!”

 

“Im going to lose and no one is going to choose me!”

 

“Oh come on unnie is not that bad”

 

“Let’s just play quickly” said Sinb, all the girls quickly joined her in a circle and they played. 

 

The end result was: Sowon with Yerin, Yuju and Eunha and lastly Sinb and Umji. 

 

“But this is the exact same thing that we do for overseas schedules”- said Sinb frustrated while dramatically falling on the couch bect to Eunha who giggled and hugged her. “You are sad we won’t see each other every night?”

 

“Of course not unnie” said Sinb but she hugged her unnie back, Eunha just smiled. She knows Sinb very well to know the other girl was joking. “Maybe a little bit” whispered the little Eunbi after a while. 

 

The new house quickly became their new home, but the girls felt like something was missing: Buddys. So they did a Vlive telling the good news. The fans were so happy and they wanted to know all the details. Sowon showed as much as she could but their manager told them that they needed to avoid showing the rooms. When the vlive ended, the girls decided to read fan comments and they were so happy to see how many of their fans congratulated them. 

 

“Congratulations girls! You deserve it!”- read Yerin out loud and smiled. “Do you think we deserve it Unnie?” She continued. “Of course we deserve it, you’ve worked hard, we all have” answered Sojung while giving her a hot chocolate. The Unnie line were enjoying their new beds, now across from each other, and finish decorating their room. 

 

On another room both Maknaes were listening to music and dancing. When the song ended Umji pulled Sinb into a hug and make then fall into a bed. “Aren’t you happy to be my roommate Eunbi-ah?”

 

“Yes Yewon-ah but please don’t snore or I’ll throw you a shoe”

 

“Yah! I don’t snore!” Umji slapped Sinb’s arm while the other girl laugh loudly. Suddenly Sinb stood up “im going to eat something, im dying of hunger”

 

At the 97 line room, everything was calm, both Yuju and Eunha were looking at pictures on their phones and eventually they fell asleep. Until Sinb came in running from Sowon and jumping into Yuju’s bed

 

“What? What happened?” Asked a very confused Yuju rubbing her eye with one hand and with the other hugging Sinb. “Protect me unnie quick!”

 

“Eunbi can you be quiet? I’m trying to sleep here?” Said Eunha without realizing the situation. 

 

“Ya! Sinb come here!” Said Sowon trying to grab Sinb who was using Yuju as a human shield. “You rascal! Come here!”

 

“Im sorry unnie! Please!”

 

“What did she do unnie?” Asked Eunha Who finally opened her eyes. “She ate my piece of cake!”

 

“I was hungry unnie! Im sorry!”

 

Yuju moved aside and Sowon started tickling Sinb “no unnie! Mercy! I give up! Im sorry!!!”

 

“Say you’ll buy me a new one!”- sowon was laughing along with Sinb who was trying to free herself. 

 

“I will unnie I promise”- Sowon let go of Sinb and smiled triumphantly- “good”

 

And just like that, their hard work slowly is paying off. For every sad and tiring day during training, there is a day filled with love from Buddys. 

 

————————•———————

Hi!! Im back! After a huge writer’s block i finally found inspiration. I hope you guy like this chapter, the next one is going to be about their first concert so please anticipate. 

 

Thank you for the support - Javi.