Tears and cuddles

We are a family

Jung Yerin, also known as Yennie, Gfriend's Red Ginseng, is probably one of the most caring people on earth. She is also very well known for her eye smile that Buddy love. 

Yerin is usually happy and energetic, she is always there for her members and she usually loves to express her love for them. 

 

But not today, Yerin was crying alone, she was hiding from her members, which made her cry harder. 

 

She had read an article, people were  making fun of her "crying face" during their first win on Show champion. They were so mean, Do they hate me? Will the girls be embarrassed because of me?

 

Yerin didn't want her members to worry so she hide, she said she was going to sleep and cried her eyes out on her upper bunk bed. She tried to be as silent as she can, she don't want the girls to know. 

 

But being the clever maknae that Sinb was, she sensed something was going on with her precious unnie, mainly because Yerin would never skip a movie with them just to sleep. Sinb looked around to check if the other girls noticed Yerin weird behavior; Sowon was sitting on the couch cuddling with Eunha and Umji while they were waiting for Yuju to pick a movie. They had a day free and they were making the most out of it. 

 

When she realized the other girls didn't notice, Sinb sighed and stood up to get a glass of water when she noticed Yerin's ipad at the kitchen table. 

 

Out of curiosity Sinb took It and unlock it, she had seen her unnie unlocking it many times before so she remembered the password very well.

 

The first thing that appeared was a video, a very special one, the one of their first win on Showchampion. It was paused at Yerin who was crying while struggling to talk. Why is paused here?

 

Sinb closed YouTube and opened Safari, and when the curious girl read the article that was open she felt her blood boil. How could they? How dare they talk such bad things about her unnie?  

 

Saying she was angry was and understatement, she was furious but more than anything, worried. Yerin read this and she had chosen to deal with it on her own . That was bad. 

 

As a person that bottles up her feelings, Sinb knew very well how hard it could be to know Yerin's true feelings if her unnie decided to hide them. Sinb needed to do something, she needed to do it now. 

 

She took Yerin's ipad and walked to the Unnies Room. 

 

"Ya! Eunbi-ah, Where are you going?"- said Sowon when she noticed that the girl wasn't joining them and was going to the room.

 

"The movie is about to start and we won't wait for you"- said Umji with a giggle but she stopped quickly when she noticed Sinb didn't even smiled at her comment. - "Sinb-ah?"- she asked with concern. 

 

"Yerin unnie left her ipad here and i want to give it back to her before she falls asleep, you can start without me I don't care"- she said with a forced smile as she rapidly knocked on the closed door. The members just said ok and focused on the starting movie. 

 

After getting no answer Sinb just walked in, if her theory was correct Yerin was far from sleeping at the moment. Sinb closed the door behind her and stood still, inside the dark room no sound could be heard besides the noises from the Tv at the next room. 

 

Yerin heard the small conversation between Sinb and the girls so she Knew the other girl was going to come in. She stood still, controlled her breathing and closed her eyes. 

 

"Unnie, can we talk?"- after a few seconds of silence Sinb tried again- "I know you are not sleeping and the girls can't hear us right now,let's talk please unnie"

 

When Yerin didn't answer, Sinb placed the ipad on Sowon's bed, climbed and hugged her unnie. Yerin back was towards her but she could sense how the the older girl tensed. 

 

"Unnie please, you can talk to me, please dont go through this alone"- she whispered while she hugged her unnie. 

 

After a few seconds of silence she felt her unnie turn around and hug her back and then she heard Yerin cry. 

 

"Shh unnie it's okay, im here I won't go anywhere"- Yerin cried for a few more minutes until she finally calmed down enough to speak. She looked at Sinb and realized the younger girl was crying too. 

 

"Did...Did you read it?"

 

"I did unnie, im so sorry you had to read something so stupid. I'm so angry right now because I can't do anything to defend you and i..."

 

"Eunbi-ah, please don't worry about me, i...I don't want you to be mad"

 

"But unnie i want to worry! I want to help you"

 

"Why?"

 

"Because i love you unnie! I may not say it often but i love you! And i dont want you to cry because of what some people say! They dont know you like we do, they only speak about what gives them views and attention and im sorry it had to be about you"- Sinb was getting more and more frustrated and Yerin, being the amazing unnie that she is, noticed right away. She hugged the younger girl tight and said in the calmest tone she could. 

 

"Bi, i love you too. Thank you for worrying about me but please don't tell the others that I cried, let them find out about the article on their own, ok?"- she said while she wiped away some tears from Sinb's face. 

 

"Okay, if thats what you want...but unnie Do you know how pretty you are? I think you are cute even when you are crying"- said Sinb with a genuine smile, one that makes Yerin feel safe and not lonely. 

 

"Me? Pretty? Do you really think im pretty?"

 

"Yes unnie"

 

"How pretty?"- Yerin, with a small smile, teased the young girl. 

 

"Unnieeee"- Sinb was whining while Yerin giggled. 

 

"Thank you Sinb-ah"- Yerin kisses the other girl's cheek making Sinb cringe "unnieeeeeeeeeee"

 

"Okay okay no more teasing"- Yerin knew if she had her members there to support her she could do anything. Now the problem was how she was going to prevent her members from doing something when they read the article. She sighed and hugged the other girl tighter. 

 

After a few minutes Yerin noticed the other girl was falling asleep so she gave Sinb a little shake. 

 

"Ya! Eunbi don't fall asleep"

 

"Unnie Can I sleep with you tonight?"-said a sleepy Sinb while moving even closer to Yerin.

 

"Okay, but I'm a natural hugger just so you know"

 

"I dont mind unnie"-Sinb said before falling asleep. 

 

 ————————•————————

 

When Yerin woke up in the middle of the night she had a headache probably because of all the crying. She tried to sit but an arm and a leg were around her, hugging her tight. She looked at Sinb's face and realized the girl was frowning in her sleep and shivering. 

 

Yerin climbed down from her bed to get some extra blankets for her and Sinb, since it's really cold, without paying much attention. Suddenly she noticed the noice, the Tv was still on and a movie was playing. Sowon was sitting on the sofa alone. 

 

"Yerin-ah, Are you ok?"- Sowon asked while she stood up and approached the girl-"have you been crying?"

 

After thinking about it for a while Yerin decided to tell her unnie "Yes unnie, but dont worry I'll be fine"

 

"Why? What happened? Who do i have to scold? Was it Sinb? I saw her enter our room but i.."- Sowon hugged Yerin as she interrogated her. 

 

"No! No unnie, Sinb helped me! you will find out tomorrow but now we should go to sleep"

 

"You sure? Okay then but you have to tell me! If you dont i will interrogate Sinb about it. What are you doing up by the way?"

 

"I will unnie! I need extra blankets because Sinb is sleeping with me tonight and she is cold"

 

"Aish that kid"- Sowon kissed Yerin and said good night. 

 

 ————————•————————

 

When the other members found out about the article, they were so angry that Sinb had to do an extra effort to make sure they won't push Yerin too much for it. 

 

Sowon kept telling Sinb how she should have told her as soon as she found out and telling Yerin that she should have talked about it the night before. 

 

Both Yuju and Eunha kept hugging her and telling her not to listen to "those stupid haters who are clearly blind". 

 

And Umji kept reminding Yerin how much she loves her. 

 

Yerin appreciated all her members worry and smiled when all of them hugged her. 

 

Since that day the 5 of them made sure to always support Yerin, telling her how amazing she is, how much they love her and how important she is for them.

 

Even though Yerin made sure to protect herself and not cry as freely anymore, she knew that the people that matters love her no matter what. 

 

 ————————•————————

 

Im sorry this is so late but I forgot to publish it because of Gfriend's first fan meeting! Hope you like it and THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS <3 -Javi.