#05

Don't You Dare to Love Me

 

6pm.

It’s finally time for us to go home. The activities and games were tiring but I can’t figure out why Sulli still has the energy to keep on talking along the way to the bus.

 

It was announced earlier that there will be no seating arrangement for the ride so we choose and go inside a random bus, take a seat beside the window. The bus I'm in is not as crowded at first, but when I hear a bunch of boys getting inside, I know that the ride home will not be as peaceful as I hope.

 

Sulli hits my leg a repetitively a little too hard, “yah, look!”

 

While I’m busy rubbing my leg, trying to ease the slight pain, I realize that the bus is silent. Like really silent. I look around and literally every person’s head turns to one direction. I turn my head towards where the people are staring at. At first I think it is because of the fact that Kris and his friends are there, getting on our bus, but then I’m wrong. Kris, Lay, Luhan, Tao, Sehun, Baekhyun, Chanyeol gets into the bus, but there is another person joining them.

 

Kai.

 

It must be him that makes everyone mute. He is intimidating.

 

He’s standing with his black hat on, frozen, even after his friends, I suppose, find their own seats. Well I guess no one likes to be stared at.

 

“Hey Soojung” someone says. Must be Kris.

 

I see Kai’s head looking up, probably searching for the person Kris was calling, which happens to be me. His eyes lock into mine and I immediately avert his eyes.

 

“H-hey Kris” I say with a forced smile.

“Took you long enough to answer” he chuckles.

 

Kris and take a seat in front of us which is apparently empty. Lay smiles at me and Sulli before taking a seat next to Kris. The others, following the leader, seats close to him which mean sitting around us as there are no other seats left.

 

“It’s you again! Pretty little hot-” Tao says and points at me before his head is hit by Luhan.

“Hyung~” he whines while rubbing his head.

Well that wasn’t what I expected from a guy like Tao.


 

I notice that Kai is already moving towards our direction. The other students pretend to be busy with themselves, afraid that Kai will seat near them. As he gets nearer, I feel Sulli holds her breath, but so am I. He suddenly stops, just beside Kris’ seat, glaring at me for a second, before heading towards the back of the bus.Sulli and I sigh in relief. I my dry lips, nervous. At least he’s far away.

 

Sulli whispers “I feel like dying if he ever takes a seat near us”. I can’t help but to giggle with her.

 

---------------------

 

The ride will take at least 2 hours, and for the first hour, I listened to music, staring at the view outside the window. Kris doesn’t even bother to talk to me as he is fast asleep, along with Lay. Must be tired. Curious, I glance at my surroundings, finding out that the other boys are also sleeping. But my eyes are glued at a sight.

 

He's sitting alone on a seat in the back of the bus, his earphones plugged, his arms crossed, and eyes closed. I stare at him, finally getting to see his features clearer, and I admit he is quite attractive. If it wasn't for his attitude.

 

His eyes suddenly open and without hesitation, looks at me as if he knows that I’ve been staring at him for awhile. I cleared my throat and turn my back facing forward, and close my eyes, trying to sleep.

 

Indeed I was known to be a fast-sleeper so for the rest of the ride I’m asleep. Sulli wakes me up and I notice that the sky has turned dark, “what time is it?” I ask her.

 

“9pm” Kris says.

“I wasn't asking you though” I mumble.

“Heard that” he says and I turn pink from embarrassment.

 

The bus drops us in front of the campus and all of the students are dismissed. Sulli bids her goodbye to me, promising to meet me in our first day of school which is 2 days from now. The crowd starts to disperse and I decide to walk home as it is not that far from the campus.

 

“Do you need a lift?” Kris suddenly appears in front of me.

“No thanks” I smile at him

“You sure”

“Yeah I’m sure”

“Okay then give me your phone”

I lift my brows, “what for?”

“Just give it” he puts his hand in front of me.

 

Reluctantly, I give him my phone, and his pushes some buttons, and seconds after, his phone rings. He gives my phone back.

 

“That’s my number, call me if anything happens”

“Umm, o-okay. Sure, thanks Kris”

 

I hear someone scoffs. Looking at the person, I’m shocked that it is no other than Kai.

 

“Got your toy for this night already?” Kai asks Kris with a smirk.

“ off” Kris says coldly.

 

He looks at me and his face immediately soften, “Go home”. I nod at him and proceed walking down the street, ignoring Kai’s presence.

 

For the first 5 minutes, I listen to music, nodding my head along the way as the street is empty, but then my phone died. So I pull out my earphones but I hear footsteps behind me. My hands turn cold, suddenly remembering the scene that happened 3 years ago.

 

I walk for another 2 minutes, hoping that the person behind me would walk away, but no. The footsteps are still there.

 

I stop walking.

 

Taking a deep breath, I turn around, facing the person.

 

If my eyes could pop out of its socket then it probably would, “W-why are you following me?!”

 

He doesn’t answer and keeps on walking until he passes me.

 

 

“K-Kai" I call him.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

A/n: New chapter!!! yay \(^o^)/ 

 

Sooo how was it?? I'm dying to hear what you think :( 

 

see u in the next chapter! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAN YOU NOT