#14

Don't You Dare to Love Me

KAI POV

 

 

 

“Kai, I heard you got into a fight with one of the kids on the street yesterday”  Lay says as he drives me to the bar.

 

I scoff, “I don’t know, seems like little rats from the streets are trying to form new gangs out of themselves and they wanted to find a victim, which happened to be me.”

 

“Well then, they’re basically doomed,” Lay replies while concentrating on the wheel, “And yeah, I heard too from Luhan and Baek that they kept on seeing new faces and new turfs these days. But they’re just amateurs who don’t even know how to clean their own asses”

 

 

 

 

As the car stops in front of the bar, Lay reminds me, “Make sure you get him to agree to meet us next week. We’ll finish him off by then. Don’t be suspicious and act as if you are just another drug dealer who is trying to get him to buy your drugs”

 

I stay silent but that’s just my way of saying ‘I get it’.

 

 

 

Walking to the bar with my supposed full-of-drugs suitcase, I get in and choose a place where there isn’t many people so that I can fully see the target. I sit on one of the stools, and order a drink of my own.  I have the desire to have more drinks the moment I feel the taste of alcohol down my throat, but let’s save it for later.

 

3 o’clock.’ Lay says through the earpiece, ‘He’s alone for now but be careful, he may have bodyguards with him waiting outside, so, don’t mess up

 

After I finish my drink in a gulp, I walk towards the man in suit, his table full of ashtrays. I wrinkle my nose when the smoke gets into my nose.

 

“Mr. Park” I say to him as I take a seat in front of him.

“Oh, you must be the famous lee seung woo”

 

Lee seung woo, my .

 

“Ah yes, mr park. You must’ve heard a lot of me” I fakely laugh as I bring my suitcase on the table and unlock it, and to be honest, I am quite surprised myself seeing powders and injection in the suitcase. They look real.

 

They’re fake’ Lay says.

 

I smirk as I turn the suitcase so that it is now facing the man in front of me. He seems to nod in satisfaction, “Very well, so when is the rest coming?”

 

“I’ll have it prepared by next week”

 

I was thinking everything was going smoothly when suddenly Lay curses through the earpiece, ‘. His bodyguards are getting suspicious of our car, they’re coming. You better finish fast.’

 

I was to immersed in hearing Lay’s words that I didn’t notice that Mr. Park is talking.

 

“You hear me?” he says.

“Umm, sorry, could you please repeat what you said?”

“What is that in your ear?” he says as he taps his own ear with his finger.

 

, this isn’t what I expected.

 

“Oh, this” I say as it tap on my earpiece. What the should I say?

“Yeah. That” he says with a suspicious tone

“This is a..umm” I try to think of an excuse while Mr.Park brings his brows together.

“This is a you know, a device, a device which help you to listen clearly. Yeah, I have hearing problems since I was a kid”

He doesn’t look convinced. “Are you sure?”

 

“Yes of course, Mr. Park. So are we sealing the deal?” I ask hoping to change the topic.

 

'Kai, don't push him. It's making him doubt you' Lay says in a hurry

 

“Um, wait a minute, I might have to call someone” he says with his eyes still suspicious.

 

, he’s going to call for backups.

 

All I had in mind is this mission failing and imagine the others being punished and tortured by him. Suddenly, before I think away to get out of this situation, someone taps my shoulder, and as I see the person, I knit my brows because it is not other than my neighbor. I can see that she works here by her waitress outfit. What is she trying to do?

 

“Um, oppa is that you” she says brightly as she hits my shoulder, “Oh my god it’s really you!” she squeals, “It’s nice to meet you here” she adds with an extra volume. What the . What on earth she just called me. Gross. Okay, okay, mind, think. But I still can’t seem to get the situation.

 

“Uhh, a-are you hearing well nowadays?” she asks in a loud voice with her finger pointing at her ear and also with opened widely as if she’s talking to a deaf person.

 

I get it.

 

“Oh, Soojung-ah. It’s been awhile since we met” I say as I put on my fake smile. She seems to be taken back at my response because being a bright person is not really my thing, but she soon smiles too.

 

I look at Mr. Park who is currently trying to figure the situation out, constantly moving his head back on forth from her face to mine.

 

“Ah, Mr Park, sorry, this beautiful lady over here used to be my highschool mate,” I stop after realizing that I just complimented her.

 

“Did she just said Hyun Woo? Isn’t your name Lee Seung Woo?” he says as he looks more suspicious than ever.

 

“Ah, good evening sir, sorry to interrupt your conversation with him, but Hyun Woo is his birth name, am I right, oppa?” she looks at me with a smile and her face slightly tilted. Again with that calling.

 

“A-ah, yes Mr. Park that’s right. I changed my middle name since I turned 18.” I say hoping that he doesn’t catch on.

 

“I couldn’t resist to say greetings to him the moment I saw him earlier. I just miss you so much, Seungwoo oppa” she fakely giggles.

 

I scoff at that, but still hoping for him to buy it.

 

Mr. Park looks at his phone which I assume is still on, and looks back at us as he takes it and says, “No, don’t mind me. We’re going to seal the deal.” He puts his phone back in his pocket, “Okay, Mr Lee, I hope to see my package being sent to me by next week”

 

Finally. And also, you’re so dumb Mr. Park.

 

I sigh in relief knowing that Mr.Park is no longer suspicious, thanks to this girl, as I shake his hand and give the suitcase full of drug samples to him, “It’s a pleasure to do business with you sir. I will make sure that the rest will be safely delivered to you. Hope you have a pleasant week Mr. Park” I sincerely say, cause you’ll be dead next week. He arches his brows but eventually smiles back.

 

I watch him go until he is out of my sight. Soojung, or whatever her name is, is still standing beside me with her eyes glued to the table. She seems to be in a deep thought so I wave my hand in front of her, “Done daydreaming?”

 

“Oh sorry” she says. She clears , “So, what was that all about? What’s with you being all deaf and that thingy in your ear? And that,” she points at the table in front of me, “A-are you a drug dealer?”

 

Her question makes me taken aback. Never knew that she even knows what a drug dealer is. She seems to be that kind of innocent, childish girl.

 

“And what if I am?” I say

Her eyes widen, “W-well, it’s not my business. I was just wondering why you lied to him. But be glad, because according to me, I think I just saved you, am I right?”

 

‘Dude, your girlfriend’s right’ Lay speaks through my earpiece.

“She is not my girlfriend, Lay’’

‘Yeah, yeah, whatever. But admit it, if not for her, then he wouldn’t seal the deal.’

 

“Who’re you talking to?” Soojung brings her face close to mine suddenly. I clear my throat at her sudden movement, “no one”

 

I stand up, brushing off my jeans which has no dirt at all, “Shouldn’t you be working right now?”, I ask trying to get out of the conversation we just had.

 

She then glances at her watch, sighing, “Yeah, you’re right. I still have a long way to go”. Curious to why she said that, I ask, “What time do you get off?”

 

She giggles, which I don’t know what’s the reason because I don’t find anything funny, “Around 11 pm I think. But you’re asking like you’re going to take me out or something”

 

Huh, as if.

 

But deciding to I inch my face closer to her until our nose almost touched and tilt my face, “Well, should I? You know, 11pm is dark enough for us if you want to-” I see her flustered face as she pushes my chest away before I could continue with my tease. It’s my turn to laugh and I hear Lay whistles through the earpiece, ‘You’re too aggressive Kai’

 

 

 

 

“You’re leaving?” she says as I walk towards the exit.

“Do you expect me to wait for you till 11 and bring you home, princess?”

She stays silent for awhile but soon says, “I’m just asking. And no, I don’t need you to me home. Well then, goodbye”

 

I turn my back and walk outside the moment her figure disappears.

 

‘Kai’ Lay says

‘What again’ I say in annoyance.

‘Maybe you should wait for your girlfriend. Because you know, it’ll be late by the time she goes home. And you don’t want one of those street chickens to get her, right?”

 

I stop in my tracks.

 

 

“For the ing millionth time Lay, she is not my girlfriend”

‘Yet’

 

 

“Goddammit, do you know how much I really want to kill you right now?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note

ALALALLALALALLALALA update again! Well, i know it's been weeks but I hope you guys will bear with me~~~This chapter is dedicated to #TeamKai hhahhahahahahhaha

 

so so so so so how is it?

 

Be sure to comment and share your thoughts<3