#04

Don't You Dare to Love Me

 

Chapter 7

 

“Oh hi there!” She squeals
“You must be soojung!”
I give an awkward smile, “H-hey too. Yes, I’m soojung. Nice to meet you-,”    

“Sulli. I’m Choi Sulli” she smiles showing all her whites and sits criss crossed beside me.  

“So you dance too?” She chirps
“Yeah,sort of”
“What kind?”
“Well basically all kind of genres I’m okay with, but my favorites would be modern, ballet and jazz.” I said. I realize if i don’t ask her back than I would be rude.
“So what kind of dances you like sulli?”
“Mm personally I like dancing those y stuffs like pole dancing or belly dancing” she laughs.
Ignoring the latter, I join her laugh.

----------------------

I decided that I like Sulli as my company. She’s nice, cute, funny, but sometimes annoying at the same time as she always praise my looks or body and say that mine are better than hers which I highly disapprove. Soon, it is afternoon and the sun is up which means it’s lunchtime! The siren rings as it is supposed to be a sign for the students to gather. 

We both walk to the main field to see a bunch of students in a line, waiting to get their food from the seniors who are distributing it. The line is never ending and thank God for the not-so-hot day.

“Soojung-” I hear Sulli whisper to me, “Those seniors that are passing the food are known to be very handsome! I heard from the girls in the bus this morning that those guys are like the ‘kingkas’ of this campus! I hope I could get close to at least one of them!” she says dreamingly as she clasps her hands together and bring them to her cheeks.

I playfully hit her hands as I feel sudden embarrassment just from standing beside her. 

Then suddenly 3 girls who are standing in front of us turn their backs and stare at both of us. One of the girls who seems to be the ‘leader’ says, “You think that you could get close to our oppas? Freshmen like you don’t even stand a chance. Don’t be too absurd, honey”. 

All three girls turn their back against us and continue their talks. I and Sulli look at each other and we roll our eyes together, ignoring what the girls just said. 

As we get our turn to take our lunch box, I never expected Kris to be there with his friends, handing them to the students. 

He hands me one of the lunch boxes, “Here princess” i heard him say, and gives me a wink. I slightly smile at him and nod at him “thanks”. Sulli along with Kris’ friends stood there frozen at our interaction and Sulli gives me a look that clearly says ‘care to explain?’ . I bob my head upward signaling her to keep moving and sending a ‘tell you later’ look.

She gives in and we both ended up sitting near a huge tree on the borders of the field. I told her everything starting from this morning when I got lost until the bus ride with Kris and when a part of the story has something to do with Kris and his friends, she always gasped, froze, and told me to continue. Finally ending my story telling time, she drops her spoon.

“What the Soojung! You’re like the luckiest girl I’ve ever met!”

I raise my brow, “Well if you consider meeting a jerk that keeps on throwing annoying remarks at you, then maybe yes.” Chewing on my last bite I mumble, i know it’s kinda gross but yea, “I mean really, why do you say so?”

“Duh, where have you been Soojung? Do you know who Kris is?” She pauses and continues a second later, “of course not, judging from your blank expression. Okay here, let me tell you the wonders of being a Seoul University student. First, of course education. And last, you got to see handsome looking guys here!!” She squeals. “Okay,okay calm down,heart” putting her palm on her chest she continues, “Kris gets to be one of them. I mean, he’s included in the SU’s most popular gang of handsome guys. You see, here in this school, it is every girl’s dream to hangout with one of those guys, but sadly, if you’re not hot enough then your dreams wouldn’t come true. Kris, known to be the leader of the group, has the most fangirls over all the other guys, but he never even glance at them. And now, it’s like a miracle i just saw. Soojung, he’s talking to you!”

“And yeah, so what. Humans talk” 

“I shouldn’t have started” she does a cute pout and i giggle.

“Oh yeah, I heard this morning from the some of the girls that a new guy is coming as a senior and he is handsome and hot as hell! Well, hopefully he’s not as hard to get as Kris and his friends” she starts again with her blabbering. Listening to her never ending speech about the new guy and the popular boys which includes Kris, I couldn’t hide smiling.

Just in a matter of hours, I and Sulli have been feeling comfortable with each other and I’m truly grateful for that. 

“Hey, I’m going to the restroom. Meet you at the tent okay?” Sulli stands up and walks away after i nod at her. Is there even a toilet out here? I decided not to think about it. Seeing that i have no other reason to stay any longer i throw away our empty lunchboxes and walk back to tent to check the next schedules. A few seconds after, I heard someone calls ‘Soojung’ from far away, so I subconsciously turn my head back but still walking, searching for the owner of the voice when suddenly i bump into something hard and end up falling straight on my .

I look up, and I am surprised that i was bumping a person, not a thing.

“” he curses. I initially thought that he cursed because he made me fall.

“Watch where you ing walk” he says in a cold dangerous tone, sending stares that look like daggers and he leave just like that, ignoring that i am indeed on the ground. 

Slightly annoyed at the guy’s rudeness although I know it was somewhat my fault for being careless, but still, at least he could’ve helped me, i go back to my tent.

Everything went usual, the activities, games, some bonding sessions with other students and I got to know some of Kris’ friends as they were in the same group as mine during the session and I think that they aren’t so bad. It is almost midnight when the barbecue party starts. 

Everyone is busy, gathering on the middle of the field where there is a huge campfire , some roasting marshmallows, some playing, and most of the seniors are making midnight snacks for all of us. 

“Hey Soojung, can you get me some more chopsticks? It’s inside my tent, 6B, the blue one. Thanks” Luhan, one of Kris’ friends that I got to know during the bonding session says to me in a hurry and walks away before I could answer.

“It’s not fair! Why do you always get the hot guys Soojung!” Sulli pretends to be angry at me before I nudge her arms in a playful manner and leave to go in search for the chopsticks. His tent is somewhat easy to find as the B tents are right beside the pink ones which I am familiar with. After some struggling, I finally found the bag of chopsticks and go out of the tent. I intend to go back to the field when I hear some sounds nearby, grunts and curses heard. I approach the sound, trying to not to make any noise, but I fail, dropping the plastic bag, after the scene comes to view. I gasp a little too loud and directly, a head turns back to me.

He looks a little startled after he sees me and he sighs, “You will ing pretend that this isn’t happening. Now go if you don’t want to end like him” he points at the other guy who is on laying on the ground, his hands holding his stomach tightly. 

Without any words, I grab the plastic bag from the ground and turn back walking to the field as fast as I could, too scared after hearing his deadly warning. In the dark, I couldn’t see their face clearly but I know that the guy on the ground is injured, and most probably the one who did it to him is him.

Him as in the guy who made me fall this afternoon and did not even help.

 -------

The barbecue party went quite well. My encounter with him was soon forgotten once Sulli joined me in the party. The students were interacting with each other, be it a senior or a freshman. I got to know a few other girls who happen to be in the same class as mine later. I knew that Kris was trying to approach me but failed as his friends kept on distracting him and a bunch of girls surrounded them so it’s almost impossible.

No sight of him was seen, but not until this morning when we’re having our breakfast.

Breakfast is still held in the main field with tables and chairs already set up. I sit in one of long chairs and Sulli sitting in front of me, with sandwiches and drinks ready on our table. 

From where I am sitting I finally spot him, the same frown in his face, snatching a sandwich from the same guy we got the sandwiches from, and I can see that the guy is intimidated by his presence, his hand trembling while he gives out the sandwich. He walks to one of the empty tables there and sit down. With his black sweater, black joggers, black shoes, and his outfit is probably worth half a year of my part time job salary altogether, he looks like he could pull off a runway right away. Although he is a little distant, I could see him getting tense and in a matter of seconds, he shoots his eyes at me, glaring. I avert his gaze and try to converse with Sulli who is busy stuffing with her sandwich. 

For the first five minutes I see him sitting alone, busy with his phone when Kris, Luhan, Lay, and another guy which I assume to be Tao suddenly join him, sitting on his table. Murmurs start to fill up the field, and even some seniors are whispering to each other, their eyes eyeing the group.

“Yah, Soojung-ah, do you see them? Why are they sitting there? Omo, is that the new guy?!! Look! Look Soojung! There, he’s sitting beside Lay! Ohmygod this is gonna be a history! Is he accepted already in the gang?? Can you see him?!” Sulli literally shakes my shoulders with both of her hands, still full of food.

“Sulli, that’s gross. Eat slowly. And yeah, I have eyes too, so I can see him clearly” I answer her with my eyes still looking at him. Anyone can tell that he doesn’t like the fact that they are sitting with him, his frown getting more visible and his eyes glaring at the boys, or particularly Kris

I couldn’t see Kris’ face as his facing the other side until he gets up, walking away from the table, leaving the other boys who are just sighing like they knew it’s going to happen. His face is stern, and he looks around, probably searching for another table, when his eyes meets mine.

No no no, don’t come this way. His frown turns into a slight smirk and I swear he read my mind and walks towards our table. 

“Omo. Omo. Omo!” Sulli sounds shocked but excited at the same time.  

“Hey” he says casually as he sit down beside me, putting his coffee and sandwich on the table.  

“H-hi s-sunbae”” Sulli stutters. 

Kris gives her a slight smile and I swear she may pass out atany moment right now. 

“Why are here sunb-” he glares at me, “Why are you here Kris?” 
Feeling satisfied, he smiles, “Well, why not? I am the senior here so I’m just doing my job, taking care of the juniors, like you” he says sheepishly, poking my nose with his pointy finger. My cheeks turn pink from embarrassment.

“Oh my god! You guys are so cute! You guys should be together?” Sulli squeals as she does her seal-clap.

“Well, I don’t mind” Kris says nonchalantly although I know that he's just trying to tease me.

The next 10 minutes or so, Kris keeps on teasing me while Sulli drops her cute-innocent attitude and starts to team up with Kris to tease me. I wouldn’t mind listening to their teasings if it isn't for the fact that someone is watching us from the distance.

I look up to meet his gaze, challenging him in a staring contest, he glares at me for half a minute before he turns his gaze away after he sees Kris waves his hand in front of my face. Guess I won HAHA

“Sunbae, who’s that new guy? Never seen him before. Is he now in your gang?” Sulli asks and points at the table he is sitting and I bring her hand down directly. 

Kris keeps his mouth shut for a while, his face turning sour before he finally sighs, “Yeah, his name is Kai

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------

 

A/n:

 

 

hey~~~ 

currently needing feedbacks and please share ur thoughts of this story cause I don't know what you guys think as I am looking at this story in my perspective as an author.

Is the story too slow?? Sorry if it is, but I prefer taking it slowly rather than rushing things which made the story not enjoyable (?)

 

FINALLY ANNOUNCING THAT KAI IS OFFICIALLY HERE IN THE STORY AND WILL BE ON THE FURTHER CHAPTERS :))) hope you're as excited as I am!

 

please comment and see u on the next chapter!