#08

Don't You Dare to Love Me

 

“Kai, he’s just…” Lay stops and sighs, “ Let’s just say he’s someone who you don’t want to get yourself involved with”

 

“B-but why?” I ask out of curiosity. I make sure that I will not miss any information about that mysterious guy. The two guys exchanged glances and Luhan is the first one to speak.

 

“Soojung, it’s better if you don’t know. We’re telling you because we don’t want you to get hurt.”

“And what we mean is that you may not only be hurt mentally but physically too” Lay says.

 

I scoff, “You mean he would hurt me like punching me, slapping me, stabbing-, okay maybe not that far, but relax guys”. But then I soon gulp after I realize that maybe it’s true. Kai seems to be capable of doing those stuffs to people.

 

----

 

“Soojung, have you been in a club before?” Sulli suddenly asks.

“No, but I’ve always wanted to go since I turned 18 this year, but you know, I’ve been busy with my part-time jobs” I answer.

“Then...let’s go! I’m invited into a party held by my brother’s friend, and of course I ask for another free pass!” Sulli squeals.

“Oh my god, did you really?! But I’m not sure I can fit in though”

“Hey don’t worry, I’ll make you the prettiest and iest girl tonight! So first, let’s go shopping!”

 

After we both went shopping, Sulli invited me to her house, or more like forcing me, to get ready for tonight’s party. We both thank the taxi driver and bring tons of shopping bags inside, all bought using Sulli’s credit card because she insisted.

 

I gape after seeing my best friend's house. I had known that Sulli is rich as her driver always picks her up everyday, but not this rich.


 

KAI POV

 

“Xiumin and Suho, you on set already?” I ask them pressing the earpiece close to my ears.

“We’re here” Suho shouts, the music background too loud.

“Hi Kai” I suddenly hear his voice, “Tao, what the are you doing there”

“Oh, me? I’m just hanging out with some girls here”

“Urgh” I plug off the earpiece and step on the gas.

 

Tipping the bouncer with a little bit of cash, I go inside the entrance without anyone noticing. As soon as I step in, I feel at home. The loud music, girls dancing on poles, I’m used to it. I’m tempted to go to the dance floor and find some chick I can with tonight but realizing that I actually have a job to do, I push my thoughts away. I spot Suho and the others sitting on the stools with girls around them, I walk towards them.

 

“Oh, Kai you’re here” Tao says.

 

Two girls who are beside him turn their heads to me, eyeing me and giggling among themselves.

Drinking a shot, the sizzle feeling down my throat, I feel a bit relaxed.

 

After a few more shots, I ask Suho, “How many more hours till it goes off?”

He answers, “About half an hour or so. The target is in the vip room right now and we made sure already that it is locked so he will not escape. And when it goes off, boom, he’s dead. Mission completed.”

 

I nod at him while he speaks again, “But don’t you feel bad though with these innocent people here? Like they will all be dead by tonight.”

 

I smirk at his words, “They’re not innocent, Suho. I’m sure they all have criminal records somehow or even drug dealers. So, we’re just helping the police this time. And besides, who cares if they’re innocent or not.”

 

I take another shot and my head starts to get dizzy. “You’re hopeless, Kai” Suho says as he leaves his seat and walks away.

 

“I am” I whisper to myself, smiling like an idiot.

 

------------------------------

 

“Sulli, are you sure about this dress?” I ask her constantly in the car.

 

“Soojung, you’re fine. I’ve been saying that like for 10th time. Calm down, Soojung”

 

“How can I calm down when my is almost showing and my collarbone is exposed?!”

 

“That’s called being y, Soojung. That’s how people dress in a club. You’re perfect, I promise. Boys will get all over you”

 

Knowing that I can’t change Sulli’s mind, I choose to stay silent until we arrive at the club. Trying to balance myself with the high high-heels I'm wearing, I walk to the entrance where a man dressed in a tight suit stands. Sulli gives him the invitation and walks inside, gesturing me to follow her. With hesitation, I walk inside, and I swear I saw the tight-suited man winked to me.

 

“It’s so loud! And crowded!” I shout at Sulli.

“I know right! That’s why it’s fun! Cmon soojung let’s dance!!” Sulli shouts as she drags me towards where people dance crazily.

 

Sulli starts to dance, not exactly dancing, but maybe this is called clubbing dance where you literally just jump, your hands in the air, sway your hips, and do random movements. Sulli holds my hands and tries to get me to dance. Seeing her excitement, I comply and starts moving to the beat. After a minute, I feel refreshed. The music is so good, and with its loud noise, I can not resist to not do the clubbing dance. So together with Sulli, we dance and weirdly, I enjoy this.

 

“Hey Sulli” a man suddenly comes over us.

“Oh, oppa!”

“So, having fun already?” he asks her but his eyes are looking at me.

“Yeah, oppa your party is great!”

The man smirks and looks at me again, “So who’s this friend of yours?”

“Oh, yeah this is Soojung, my friend. And soojung, this is Soohyuk oppa, my brother’s friend”

 

I smile to him and bow my head to him.

 

His smile grows wider and he brings his head close to Sulli’s ear and whispers something I can’t hear. Sulli giggles and nod. I have a feeling this is not good.

 

Sulli pushes my back towards Soohyuk oppa before he grabs my hand and leads me passing the crowd towards the bar.

 

“Soojung, right?” he asks while he gestures me to sit on one of the stools.

“Yes, oppa” 

I swear I'll kill you Choi Sulli!

“You’re so pretty you know that” he says, smirking, while handing me a glass of light blue liquid inside. “Do you have a boyfriend already?”

 

He suddenly brings his hand on top of my knees, and then, he starts to caress it, slowly bringing up his hand to my exposed thigh. Starting to feel scared, I try to push his hands away while smiling, but he wouldn’t budge.

 

“So what are you thinking? Hotel tonight?” he asks.

 

Before I can think of an answer, I feel my hands being dragged, harshly, forcing me to walk fast with my heels, almost tripping.


Looking at the person who drags me, my eyes widened, “Kai?!”