#02

Don't You Dare to Love Me

 

CHAPTER 3   

Following him obediently like a lost puppy, we reach the doors and I can see that it leads to the parking lot, a bus with its engine already on, waiting outside, which I think is actually waiting for us, as it is the only bus left. My eyes widen in realization when I see dozens of eyes staring at us, or me from the windows of the bus. Eyes of hungry predators eyeing their prey.

 

“Let’s go” he takes my hand in his and leads me towards the vehicle.

 

Tightening my backpack strap, I hesitantly step into the bus, and as soon as I’m in, so many whistles welcome me.

 

Girls don’t whistle, do they? Don’t tell me that this is an all-boys bus, please? I hear them whisper among themselves. ** * man* *wow she’s so hot* *look at her bo-”

 

Before I listen to them any further, I’m dragged, again, towards the back of the bus.

 

“Yo Kris! What took you so long?! It felt like a-” the guy stops speaking after I peeked over Kris’ broad shoulder to see who’s talking.

 

“Hey, you brought some nice chick right there. Mind introducing her to me?” He continues.

 

The other boys whistle in canon. Too scared to look at them, I find the platform of the bus interesting to look at. Kris tightened his grip on my hand and I look up to his face.

 

“Tao” the pole guy, Kris eyes the guy that spoke earlier, “She’s with me and don’t you ever think that she will be one of your es you like to play with” Kris said to him in a tone I never expected coming from him.

 

“Wo-woah man, calm your down. I was just being friendly. And also what’s wrong with me wanting to get to know her?” the guy who I assume is Tao says and smirks.

 

“I’m serious” Kris gives one last glare before he lets go of my hand, and snakes up his arm to my back and pushes me towards an empty seat.

I sit and just stare at nothing in particular, trying to process everything that just happened

First, a random guy suddenly came up and looked like he was trying to hit me but instead he helped me. Second, the same random guy joined the list of ‘students late to register themselves for the orientation’. Third, he dragged me into a bus. Fourth, he suddenly turned dead serious and I don’t know why. Was it because his friend, Tao talked about me? No way, you’re too exaggerating, Soojung. Then why was he like that? And I never heard a guy speak so rude to his friends.

 

 

And last but not least, he is sitting right beside me, now.

 

 

My hearing sense starts to get back as I hear constant noises of ‘heys’ from beside me. I turn my head to Kris who I know is trying hard to get my attention.

 

“What are you staring at?” He raises his brows.

 

“Nothing”

 

He stares at me trying to figure out what was I thinking about just now but finally gives up, “So, not even a thanks? Or if you’re shy, you can just-” he shortens the distance between and taps his cheek with one of his fingers.

 

Oh, does he expect me to say thanks? I blink a few times, confused by his words. And what’s wrong with his chee- ,Then finally it hits me. Did he just ask me to kiss his cheek?! This time I can’t help but roll my eyes and sigh. What more could I expect from a guy like him?

 

 “Me? You mean I should thank you?”

 

“Well, if not for me then you wouldn’t be here. This bus carries students from my major and no one except you has ever been so rude after being helped by, me.

 

Guess i really do owe him, “Well I guess you're right. Sorry, thanks, um, Kris”

 

He smiles slightly, “It’s sunbaenim for you”

 

Widening my eyes, “You’re a senior?!”

 

“Well, is it a sin to be one?

 

Shaking my head sideways, “N-no, I don’t mean that. I mean..umm..”

 

“I know I look young and handsome as but yeah I’m 22.”

 

I nod and open my mouth to ask him a bunch of questions but close it again once I realize I should be respectful to him cause he's a freakin sunbae.

 

As if reading my thoughts he says, “No need to be so tense. Just because I’m your senior, that doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to talk to me. I know you’re confused right now so go on and ask. Oh, and first let’s begin by introducing ourselves. First, you know I’m Kris. Second, I’m 22. Third, handsome af. And last but not least, I’m still single for you” he ends with a wink.

 

Ignoring his last statement, I purse my lips together. 


“Well, now you talk.” he says.


I clear my throat, “Umm, sorry. I’m Soojung. Park Soojung. I’ve just graduated from high school a few months ago so I’m still 18” I stop to think what else could I say. “Dance is my major by the way. What’s yours Kr- I-I mean sunbae?”

 

 


“Don’t call me sunbae. Oppa for you” he smiles sheepishly. 
...
I don’t know how should I reply and just stare at him blankly.


“Okay fine. Just call me Kris” He rolls his eyes, clearly annoyed that he did not succeed in making me call him that.


I furrow my eyebrows as I hear whispers that keep on getting louder from behind us. 


*Do you think he’s serious about her?* *But I agree she’s so damn hot* *I think she’ll just be one of his es* *What if-


The whispers stop as I see Kris turned his head around towards the boys in the back, “Would you mind shutting your ing mouth?! Your whispers sound like howls to me.” He leaned back on his chair with a thud.


“Sorry about them. Childish as always. Oh I haven’t tell you yet. They’re my friends.” he explains to me, clearly still pissed.


I nearly laugh cause I thought he was joking, but I realize he wasn’t.


Those guys you just swear to for the gazillionth time, are whom you call friends? 


“I know. Our friendship is kind of … I would say unique. I’ll introduce them to you later on, I’m not in the mood right now.”


Sometimes I just think that he could read minds.


“Okay” I nod. 


He close his eyes and looks like he wanted to rest but he shoots his eyes open, “Soojung, don’t mind what you heard from the guys. They’re probably just jealous. And also, don’t get near Tao,” he stops for a moment to take a deep sigh, “ you know, the guy that spoke to me earlier. He’s… just a player, well all of my friends are, but don’t ever be alone with any one of them cause you don’t know what will happen”


I nod once again but then something comes to my mind, “Why are you so nice to me Kris? I mean, it’s my first meeting you and I’m a new student here and seniors are not supposed to be that kind to help us freshmen”


He stares deep into my eyes, “You sure?”


“Sure of what?”


He doesn’t reply for a second but then starts speaking, “You just admitted that I’m kind”


“Urgh, why do I even get started”

 


Kris POV


So she doesn’t remember me after all.

 

 

 

 


Kai POV


I barged through my apartment’s door and slammed it. 


“K!!!” I run through my hair roughly with both of my hands.


Why does he have to bring me into it?! Whatever, I don’t give a about tomorrow.


“Bring the car here, now” I speak towards one of my drivers on the phone.


Deciding on wearing my favourtite designer's  tux, a Louis Vuitton tie, Gucci shoes, Rolex watch, and a Hermes belt, I walk out of the apartment and get into my jet-black Mustang, ready to relief some of my stress tonight.