#06

Don't You Dare to Love Me

 

 

He stops walking.


 

Turning his back slowly, he looks at me, his eyebrows raised. Clearly, he doesn’t look happy. I gulp seeing his sour face. He keeps on staring as if he’s trying to burn me with his eyes.

 

An image of him kicking and punching the guy yesterday night comes to my mind, making me more nervous and anxious. What if he’s pissed off and decides to attack me?!

 

Shaking my head, I clear my throat, and with courage I walk, passing him like he’s not there, don’t care if he’s looking at me like I’m some kind of freak but the only thing that my mind is trying to tell me is: get out of here.

 

I walk in a faster pace trying to get as far as I can from him but still, his footsteps are behind me. I decide to ignore his presence behind me, hoping that he’ll go away somehow, until I reach the apartment building, faster than I was expecting. Without looking back, I go straight to the lobby, slightly nodding to the security guard before going into the elevator.

 

I sigh in relief, thinking that I don’t have to see his face again, but guess what, luck’s not on my side.

 

Just before the elevator starts to close, a foot blocks the door from closing and it reopens. An unexpected sight comes to view. He gets into the elevator and closes the door. He doesn’t press any button and just stand still,

 

“K-kai, why are you following me?” I ask hesitantly.

 

As expected, he doesn’t reply.

 

Is he planning something on me? Am i his next victim? Oh no, he knows where I live, does that mean-

 

‘Ding’

 

Before my imaginations go wild, the elevator door opens and Kai walks out of the elevator. I look at the sign on the elevator and it clearly shows that I’m now in the 4th floor which is where my apartment is, but why is he the one getting out?

 

Oh my god, does he also know my room number? Is he going to barge in and break everything?!

 

Thinking that that might possibly happen, I run out of the elevator, trying to catch up to him, only to find him standing in front of a door, punching a passcode. The passcode lock beeps, and he opens the door and shuts it in a not very nice way.

 

I blink a few times, trying to process what just happened. I slowly walk towards my door and stand still in front of it.

 

‘205’. I turn my back and I’m faced with another door that says ‘206’.

 

My apartment is 205… but why is he getting into th-

 

Realization hits me.

 

If he’s not going into my apartment, than what other reasons could it be for him to follow me, if it’s not the fact that he freaking lives here.

Here.

In this building. The same building I’m living in now. And yeah, he just happens to be my neighbor. Not a surprise at all.

 

For the rest of the night, I try to forget about him living in front of me and end up sleeping because I am too tired.

 

------------

 

“Hey soojung” sulli waves to me as I approach her in front of the campus where we decided to meet before going to class.

 

“Hey” I wave back and she bear-hugs me.

“I missed you so much” she tightens her hug

“S-suli get off. And if I remember, the last time I saw you was 2 days ago” i laugh and try to push her away.

“I know but it feels like forever. Let’s go” she drags me inside the campus.

 

The first few hours are fine as most of the lecturers only do some few introductions of the lessons. Mrs. Jung’s class however, is hell. Her class involves us practicing in the studio. She first said that because this is only the first day, she tells us to only ‘warm up’, which turns out to be a one and a half hour of non-stop basic drill. We do not dance, but instead we do pushups, situps, planks, a bit of gymnastics, and a lot more.

 

It’s 5 pm already when finally the ‘warm up’ class finished.

 

“Hey Soojung, I think I can’t join you any longer for the last class today. I’m so damn tired and I wanna rest so bad” Sulli says with sweats running down her whole face.

 

“You sure Sulli? You’ll be marked. But yeah i think you should rest. You look a bit..tired” I answer.

 

“I don’t care. See u tomorrow Soojung” and just like that she walks away and disappears.

 

----

 

After the last class is over, i decide to go to a nearby pharmacy to buy some ice packs to soothe my sore body. Wanting to use the ice packs soon, I walk home as fast as I can. Each step I take hurts my calves, my tighs, and my legs feel like jelly already. Finally reaching the apartment, I realize that the elevator’s door is closing already. I run and reach the button next to the elevator, hoping it to reopen and luckily, it does.

 

There’s a guy inside the elevator, dressed in all black, with his cap lowered, covering his face. Guessing it’s just a random person, I get inside the elevator. I’m about to press the floor number when it is already pressed.

 

Huh, he must be living on the same floor.

 

I glance to his side, but his head is facing down the whole time and I couldn’t see his face properly.

 

When the elevator door opens, the guy goes out of the elevator directly without even sparing me a glance.

 

What a rude guy.

 

His figure comes to sight again as he punches the passcode on his door. My eyes widen in shock. I walk faster towards him, wanting to confirm what I just saw.

 

“Kai?” I stand on his side. It has been 2 days since I last saw him.

 

He looks at me, probably confused.

 

My eyes widen for the second time.

 

On the sides of his lips, blood is evident. Traces of dried blood and bruises that don’t look nice at all are all over his face.

 

“Hey, y-you okay?” I ask him with a worry face

 

He looks me in the eyes for awhile. I almost look away because his gaze is too intense before he starts to speak,

 

“Go away before I make your face this way” he walks inside his apartment and slams the door.

 

What’s with him and slamming doors?

But, is he truly okay though?

 

 

-----------

 

Back with chapter 10! Hope you guys like it. Comment and share what you think!

 

Shoutouts to:

jessjejc

kaixoxo01

dindin01

risa_sweden

 

thanks a lot for commenting guys <3 you guys are one of the reasons why I am motivated to write the story!