#12

Don't You Dare to Love Me

“Kris, please..pleaseee?” I bring my hands together as I stand in front of the tall giant, begging for his permission.

“Soojung, I-I can’t. No let me rephrase that. I don’t want to. H-he...I just hate him to death.” He says as he look down on me.

 

Because our team had been winning the games constantly, we are given a chance by the student committee to choose our opponent for the last game. There are only about 6 groups left, and of course, seeing Kai smirked at me just now really triggered me to compete with him. But when I came up with the idea to Kris, he seemed to be in a disagreement.

 

“K-kris… pleasee??” I ask desperately but trying to be cute at the same time by pouting my lips, hoping he would agree. I hate this but this had always work with him.

 

He soften up and grins, “fine, i lose. Anything for you my princess”, he pinches my nose lightly which makes me hit his arm.

 

“But you probably shouldn’t join the game” he says suddenly as he scratches his head.

“Why??” I ask him, shocked at what he just said to me.

“Because I know how Kai plays. He’s not someone you should take easily.”

Grabbing his arm, i swing it around playfully, “Kris, i really want to play”

 

I don’t even know why I’m acting like a kid. Maybe it’s the only way to get his approvement. And yeah, the moment his lips curved up, I know that he’s going to let me participate.

 

---

 

When Kris first proposed to the team that we should take on Kai’s team, they all had the same reaction.

 

What the are you thinking?

Are you out of your mind?!

He is the ing almighty Kai for goodness sake! Do you wanna die?

 

“I’ll give you free cupcakes if you guys agree” i suddenly blurted out. They seem abit taken by what I just said, they seem to be thinking for awhile. “They’re handmade by the way” i added.

“Okay fine I’m im” Sehun says right away, grinning. And all the others ended up agreeing too because who can resist a good dose of cupcakes.

 

I don’t know if they had an argument too on Kai’s side, but in the end they agreed too. Everyone gathered around, probably hearing that a war between the kingkas is going to start. Kai’s team had the privilege to choose what game we’re playing because we were the one who chose them first, volleyball.

 

Seeing Kai in the opposite of the net makes me feel all nervous but excited at the same time. I couldn’t wait to win this and shove my victory on his face. Not that I’m confident enough to win against him, but I also put hope in Kris and his friends because I know they are also pros at sports. I used to play volley with my friends back in the orphanage but never have I played a volleyball match, so that makes my adrenaline pumps up.

 

While my team gather around to come up with some kind of strategy, I see that the opponent team is not moving and just stay in their position, ready. They even don’t talk to each other and I even had the thought whether they actually know each other or not.

 

The whistle blows, signifying the start of the game. Kris is the one who serves the ball first, as expected, it goes high, passing the net smoothly to the other side, making a perfect loop. I’m no longer amazed my teammates’ skills because I did that already during the first game. How they were able run in an incredible speed compared to others, served tennis balls with inhuman strength, and also stood still, their faced bored, during the wrestling match earlier although their opponents tried very hard to make them fall. In addition, their fangirls that do not stop following us wherever we go and shooting me glares whenever I see them. I’m used to it by now.

 

The ball is received by one of the members from the other team in which he passes the ball with both of his hands. “Tao!” Kris shouts when the ball flies into his direction. Tao easily passes the ball back to them. The same thing has been going on for awhile with the ball not touching the floor yet and me struggling to keep with up the game, until Kai gets the ball. He hasn’t moved from his place and just watched in his place with his hands crossed although he is already in the position. I pass the ball without thinking which direction it will get to, and just to my luck, the ball goes to his direction. I watch him staring at the ball I was passing, and see him move. As the ball gets closer to him, He stretches his arm upwards and it is as if the time has gone slower, he jumps and slams the ball hard, like really hard and the ball goes straight fast, and if I didn’t dodge, i swear i would get hit. The crowd cheers as the ball touches the ground, indicating Kai has finally scored a point. I shoot him a glare while I ignore the boys who now surround me, asking me whether I’m okay or not. He meets my gaze and smirks at me. I scoff.

 

Soon after that, the game becomes more tense. My team especially, starts to get serious. During the previous games, they could still laugh, making fun of people who failed, but now, I can see that they’re really concentrating on the game.

 

When the first half of the game ends, the score’s 12-15. They’re on the winning side, which Kai did most of the scoring. This is bad.  While me and the boys gather to rest and also talk about our strategy, I see Kai on the other end, sitting alone while the rest of his team gathers.

 

“It’s impossible” Tao says

“Kris, we’re facing Kai for goodness sake”

“I told you we couldn’t beat him. He’s the alpha after all”

 

My ears perk up when I caught Luhan said that, “Alpha?”

The boys suddenly look anxious, “Um..uh… I mean Alpaca! Kris likes alpaca!” Luhan says nervously. Kris looks at Luhan like he just turned crazy. I know that Luhan’s lying, but I just let it go because the referee just blew his whistle.

 

“Okay, let’s do this.”

 

If I said that the game was tense earlier, then I was wrong. Now this is what is called tense. I start to get tired, trying to keep up with the speed of the ball, and my wrists are already hurting. Kai is starting to get serious too, I can see that. He doesn’t stand still anymore, instead he gets in position with his hands brought together, ready to pass the ball. Lay serves the ball to them, and it passes the net, which I initially thought Kai would pass it, but it goes to the guy beside him. I see him jumping, stretching his hands up, I assume he wanted to make a score just like Kai, and the moment he smashes the ball, it goes straight to my direction. My eyes widen, for a moment, I thought I would be able to pass it back, but huh silly me. I fail to dodge.

 

“SOOJUNG!!” I hear Kris and all the other boys shout.

“Oh my god, she’s bleeding”

“! Soojung, open your eyes”

 

I open my eyes slowly. Blurry, but I can still the people who surround me as Lay helps me to get up. Feeling so dizzy, I touch the side of my head in which I curse, because it swear it hurts like hell. I hiss as the throbbing in my head continues.

“ that son of a !” Kris shouts as he stand up, clenching his fists and walk towards the guy who just threw the ball at me. I know what he’s trying to do, but before I want to stop him, I hear a girl shouted. All heads around me look to the direction of the scene which made the girl shrieked. I blink my eyes repeatedly, trying to get a hint of what is going on.

 

I see Kai beating up that guy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note:

 

LALALALALALLALALALA I KNOW I KNOW! SURPRISE SHORT UPDATE EVERYONE!!! Because of your comments I was eager to write this chapter as fast as I could despite the essays I need to submit this week HAHAHAHAHAH. BAMBAMBAM KAI IS TAKING ACTION EVERYONEEEE! And my lame joke with kris and his alpaca hahahhahahaha i knooo that was so lame. My exams are next week, so I can't guarantee to update this month, but who knows ahahahahahahah if you guys comment and share your thoughts it really helps me to write faster, like literally HAHAHAHAHAH. Sorry if it annoys you ><  and alsoo new poster! Tell me what you think about it!

 

See you in the next chapter!! I'm planning to have more Kai in the next chapter, you guys agree???