Chapter 2

The Seven Year Itch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I watched him from afar as he spoke to the teacher who was undoubtedly congratulating him for coming first. All I could do was fall deeper for someone loved by everyone else in the school. So, cliché and yet, it wasn’t something that could be helped.

He walked up to take his seat next to me and I wanted to congratulate him but… I knew that that would be physically impossible on my part without doing something to make a complete and utter fool of myself.

“So, you came in second by two points, I heard. Congratulations,” he whispered, to me as the professor began teaching.

“Oh… congratulations to you too,” I murmured.

“Thank you. I’d never thought you’d speak to me.”

“Why not?”

“Well, you rarely ever speak to me anyway…”

“I’m sorry if I hurt you.”

“You didn’t. In fact, you work awfully hard not to… but you shouldn’t care.”

“I’ll try.”

-

“Does it hurt a lot?” She asked me, looking awfully worried. I had managed to get my laces caught in the escalator going down and had tumbled forward ripping the shoe out of my foot. The escalator had stopped and my shoe had escaped with a few minor scratches and a torn shoe lace.

“It’s okay.”

“Yoon Seo,” my brother said from next to me. “Your shoes are done.”

“Seriously, Joon? She doesn’t really need to bother with her shoes right now.”

“She doesn’t care about getting hurt, Min Ah,” he muttered, resonating my thoughts and I smiled at her.

“You two are so creepy alike. What’d you do? Make a pact in the womb?”

“We’re twins, not the mafia. And, I know my sister, ok? Anyway, TaekWoon will be here soon and then you can go home. Have you eaten?”

“I don’t remember.”

He just shook his head. “Mom made that hanbok that she’d always wanted to. She wants us over for Independence Day.”

“Are you going?”

“Yes.”

“I’ll go as well, then?”

“Wonderful.”

“Are you sure that you don’t need to eat something?”

“No.”

“Jagi,” Woon said, breathlessly entering the room.

“Hi.”

“What happened?”

“Sprained left foot and hand,” I said.

“That’s it, right? Nothing else?”

I nodded in the most reassuring manner possible and he smiled.

“How are you people not taking this seriously?”

“Eonnie, I hurt myself at least once a month that warrants a visit to the hospita

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter