Chapter 11

The Seven Year Itch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11

We got home around 12:50pm. And, I set the sole bag I had taken to Joon’s down. I was still in my bridesmaid’s dress and Taekwoon looked like he wanted to pass out. We sat down on the couch and he leaned on me and put his head on my shoulder.

“Yoon-ah,” he murmured. “I’ll sleep here. You sit there.”

“No, let’s go to bed,” I told him.

“Yoon-ah,” he called out again. “Let’s sleep on the couch.”

“Why do you want to sleep in such a small space, Taek? You’ll hurt your back. You’ll have a crick in your neck in the morning and then, you won’t be able to concentrate on work… then, you’ll have to come home and work.”

He sat up and then, he smiled at me. “If we sleep here, I get to hold you closer.”

“I’ll sleep close to you on the bed.”

“But, the couch…”

“Taek, go change,” I told him. “We’ll decide later.”

He smiled and leaned in, his face inches from mine and his eyes had that drowsy, y kind of look. “I just want you to stay close for a while. When you go away, I feel anxious… and the house feels empty and I stared at your side of the closet for… about two hours the other day. I felt a little weird.”

“You’re not even drunk, why are you confessing?”

“May I kiss you?” He asked me and I grinned, before pressing my lips to his. His hand was on my lower back and the other below my chin, tilting my face to meet his. With each passing second, the kiss got more intense before we were full on making out. I didn’t want to break it off, but I also wanted to take a shower. So, I pulled away but he leaned forward and I giggled.

“Okay, let’s go get changed,” he said, sounding defeated.

As I stood in the shower, I kept thinking he was right. I wasn’t ready to quit us. I didn’t want to quit us… he was everything that I knew I wanted in my life. It sounded odd to say these words, as if someone was arranging our marriage but it just seemed right. We were too complete opposite parts of a puzzle that fit together.

I climbed out of the shower and grabbed the towel from the peg and then, wrapped it around myself. I walked out of the bathroom, narrowly avoiding falling a few times. Taekwoon was laying down on the bed, scrolling through his phone.

“Hey, I kept my clothes there,” I told him, stuttering as my teeth started to chatter.

“They’re right next to you,” he informed me, looking up.

I changed quickly and dried my hair before climbing in next to him, in bed. I could feel his eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter