Chapter 3

The Seven Year Itch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you seriously just sitting here like an idiot?” Jae Sung asked me.

“Yes.”

“He’s coming back today and you’re not going to pick him up?”

“No.”

“Wow, that’s new.”

“I don’t care. Why should I go? He didn’t even tell me that he was leaving.”

“You’re being petty.”

“Shut up!”

“Fine. Let’s get some food. I’m hungry.”

Jae Sung complained about my lack of energy for the entire time that we were walking and I just shook my head at him.

“You need a hug, Yoon-Seo.”

“No, I do not. I need to break something.”

“Well, you should wait till next month and...”

“Not on my body, you big jerk.”

“Oh...”

“You’re so dumb.”

“I know. I am.”

“I just want to go home now.”

“What do you plan on doing once you are home?”

“Sleep.”

“He’s going to come to the same house.”

“Holy !”

“You forgot?”

“Yes.”

“Wow.”

“Are you mocking me?”

“Little bit.”

“Can’t you be the least bit supportive?”

“I just… don’t think that he could help it and… Fine, I’ll be supportive. Taek’s a big jerk.”

“He is.”

-

“Hey...” Taek trailed off as his eyes looked up to Jae Sung. “I was worried.”

“She’s just a little tipsy. She’ll be fine. I thought it would be best to bring her home because I didn’t want her to have an accident.”

“Thank you, Jae Sung,” Woon said and he draped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me in.

His hands were caressing my back softly. “Are you ok?”

“I just want to sleep!”

“I was worried the entire week. Why didn’t you take my calls, babe?”

“Ugh… just let me sleep, ok? My head hurts.”

The next morning Taek spent his hours trying to make me smile but looking at him annoyed me and I knew that I’d never felt this way about him before. I’d forgive him for anything and everything and I never felt the least bit of rage but this had been the first time that I couldn’t even imagine letting the situation subside.

“How about a movie?” Taek asked me.

“I’m going to Joon Seo. I’ll see you later.”

“Jagi, please just...”

“What?”

“I know… I know I should’ve asked you. And… I’m sorry I didn’t but… please don’t punish me for this.”

“I’m not.”

“You are. When have I ever gone a whole seven days without kissing you or holding you or just… seeing you smile for the past seven years? I...”

“What?”

“I can’t do it...”

“Do what?”

“Nothing… you should go. I’ll make you lunch...”

“Do what? This relationship? You want to end it, don’t you?” I muttered, feeling a lump form in my throat, as I stood up.

“No… that’s not...” Was the last I heard. I was dashing out the door, hurting myself as I stumbled out the corridor.

I could hear him calling behind me but I was already crying and I didn’t want him to see. By the time I got to Joon Seo’s I had scraped up knees and hands and my left hand hurt like a .

“What the ? Who asked you to run just because you had a fight?” Joon said, when he opened the door.

“He wants to break up… after seven years… he wants to break up because I was angry… just once.”

“No, he doesn’t. You’re panicking.”

“I’m not.”

“Yoon-ah!”

“Hya...”

“Shut up!”

“I didn’t blow it out of proportion how can you think that...”

“You are. He’s on his way. He texted me. So…Come here,” he said, holding his arms open and I got my favorite hug that drowned me while making me feel validated.

“I love him too much, don’t I?” I asked him.

“Believe me… he loves you more.”

“I don’t know why everyone says that. It’s impossible.”

“Stupid girl.”

“You’re worse…”

“Are you two hugging again?” I heard his girlfriend say. “You’re so cute.” She joined the hug which made me giggle and I hugged her back.

We managed to unhinge from each other only because Joon had to the open the door whose bell was desperately being rung.

“I… I’m so… I’m so...” Woon trailed off, panting. “I’m so… I’m so… sorr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter