Chapter 7

The Seven Year Itch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taekwoon looked so serious and so busy that I didn’t want to disturb him but I needed to let him know that I was leaving for work. Since we’d moved in together, I’d learnt that he had been right about us being perfect living partners. We followed a schedule that was in perfect sync.

I tapped his shoulder and he turned around. “I’m going to work.”

“Oh… is it already time for you to leave?”

“Yes.”

“I’m sorry, jagi...”

“For what?”

“I was preoccupied- wait, you’re just going to work, right? You live with… oh, okay, bye,” he said, with a smile. He was so adorable.

“Bye,” I murmured, landing a kiss on his lips. “Eat something.”

“I will. When will you be back?”

“Um… around five probably.”

“Ah, I can’t wait for your night shifts to end.”

“Me too.”

“Want me to drive you to work?” ‘

“I’ll be fi-”

“Cool, I’ll drive you.”

“But, I...”

I didn’t protest too much since he really liked driving me to work. When we reached, he loved holding the door open for me and I smiled at his gesture.

“I’ll pick you up...”

“No, are you crazy? It’s so early,” I told him.

“It’s not a big deal at all,” he said and leaned down. His lips were a little cold but soft against mine. It was sooner than later that I felt his car against my back and even though he was never into PDA, this seemed to be something he liked. “I really want you in the backseat.” He whispered, pulling away.

“What…?”

He winked before straightening up. “I’ll pick you up at five.”

“Taek...”

“Yeah?”

“Are you serious?”

“About what?”

“About the backseat?”

“Of course.”

“That’s… not like you.”

“Don’t like the idea…?”

 “I don’t mind… I mean, I...”

His slightly rude smile was the most annoying and attractive thing in the world and I just rolled my eyes at how he didn’t even need to say much to get me flustered. Seven years into the relationship.

X [taekwoon's pov]

I had no idea why I said those words to her. She looked like she was going to turn into a tomato and I felt crazy for thinking that I could ever do that to her in the backseat of the car.

 When I drove to pick her up, I just hoped that she wouldn’t expect anything. She had looked so… amazing with her wet hair and no makeup and I just didn’t think when I was saying those wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter