Chapter 9

The Seven Year Itch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As always, Taek was waiting for me in the parking lot. He was never late. He was just always perfect. Whenever I saw Taek, I just realized that Joon Seo was right. I would probably spend the rest of my life with him.

“Hey,” I said, knocking on his window and then, made my way to take a seat. “Thanks for picking me up.”

“No problem,” he said, and leaned in for a kiss, with which I complied. “So, do you want to have breakfast before we head home?”

“Um… sure, sounds great.”

“Are you sure you’re not too tired?”

“No, I’m okay. Also,” I said, and then took a deep breath. “They shifted my timings. I’m supposed to work from 04:00AM to 2:00PM.”

“That sounds good, actually. You’ll get a lot more sleep,” he said, with a smile that looked almost evil.

“Why are you grinning like that?” I asked him.

“I don’t know. I miss you… around the house. It’d be nice to see a lot more of you,” he said.

“Uh… thanks, I guess,” I said, and then, bit my lips. He just made a kiss face, in response and then turned to start the car.

We usually had breakfast at one of our favourite restaurants that served waffles and pancakes all day long. I loved it because of how cutesy everything was. From the theme of the restaurant, which was basically around every comic book version of cats that had ever been drawn, to the food and the ambience, it was perfect. I loved the little cat shaped mugs and plates. The music was usually soft indie.

He pulled into the parking lot and I jumped out of the car, almost as soon as he had stopped it. Which earned me a scolding, even though he was still in the car. I rolled my eyes at my own stupidity and just closed the door behind me.

“You could have been hurt,” he said, coming back around.

“But, I wasn’t, so… don’t worry about it,” I muttered, and began walking towards the entrance.

“What’s up with you?” He asked me, taking my hand.

“I don’t know, Taekwoon. Would it hurt you to not be perfect for once? To just be human? It’s tiring to live in a relationship where I’m always the -up! It’s been seven years… and I still feel like the up in the relationship. It wouldn’t hurt to just… snooze the button and not pick me up or… I don’t know, not remember every anniversary or every single detail about me. It makes me feel like I don’t love you enough,” I ranted and then, I realized what I was saying. I had been looking at the ground and Taek had let go of my hand. My heart picked up pace and I felt a huge lump in my throat and I really couldn’t look up.

A long, long silence later, I reached out to take his hand. “I’m sorry… I shouldn’t have…”

“I’m just going to go home. Do you have the money to go back by yourself?” He asked me, really quietly.

I looked up to his chest which was eye level for me. I couldn’t say the words but I knew that they were bubbling on my lips. I wanted to ask if we should take a break, because I wanted him to think about us. I didn’t want him to suffer with me.

“Eat with me,” I told him.

“I really want to go home, now,” he insisted.

“But, why? We can eat an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter