Chapter 4

The Seven Year Itch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I pulled my legs onto the couch as I worked on the assignment at hand. There was so much to be done and I had very little time and I also had to go to the store to get a gift for our anniversary and… I had a lot to do.

It was already three in the morning and I was sure that I wouldn’t be able to get to the present part of my day. I would probably be the one without the present who would be getting consoled when she didn’t deserve it. I sent the paper around four in the morning and went for a shower, hoping to leave for my early morning class and then visit the store.

I rushed out of the house, tripping over nothing and face planting halfway through. My face was outside and my legs inside as my mid-section ached all too terribly for me to actually move for the next few minutes. When I could finally manage to sit up, I felt the sting in my ribs and I knew I was going to be bruised and aching for a while.

I managed to get to class without dying and that was great. I spent the class with my left hand pressed to my stomach as I took down my notes. I was probably going to have to visit the doctor after buying the presents and that would require me to call Joon. It took me a just a lot of soft groans and moans to get off the seat and make it out of the class.

I wasn’t only in a lot of pain but also really tired and this warranted a call to Joon who was probably very busy. But, I called him anyway.

“Hello.”

“Hey Joon… um...”

“I’ll be there in ten minutes.”

“Thank you but I need to...”

“Hospital first and then whatever it is that you need to do.”

“But the store will be closed by the time...”

“I’ll get you in. Give me a detailed description of what you need and I’ll get it for you.”

“Fine, just come get me. It hurts so bad...”

“Are you seriously saying those words?”

“Yes.”

Of course, my brother knew when I said those words, it meant that I truly was hurt and I had just realized how badly it actually hurt. I just hoped that I would be able to walk to the front without tripping.

But, of course, I was me and I tripped yet again landing on my . The impact wasn’t the most pleasant because it went straight up to my ribs and the pain increased exponentially because of it. I was hurt worse than two years ago when I broke my neck.

“Are you alright?” I heard someone murmur and I looked up to see Simon Jang.

“Yeah, just fine… it’s just… very painful.”

“That’s… a pretty contrasting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter