Chapter 1

The Seven Year Itch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was already fidgeting, hoping that this wasn’t some sort of joke that they’d decided to play on me. I had made sure to tie my shoelaces really tight so I wouldn’t trip because of them. Of course, there were a million other ways for me to make a fool of myself, klutz that I was.

Even if he was serious, we would never go together. It would be one date and then we’d be out the window and I would be hiding from him for the rest of my life. I thought about just walking away from there and regretted coming early. I regretted even saying yes.

“Yoon Seo-sshi? I’m so sorry I’m late,” I heard him say and looked up from my fidgeting hands.

“You’re not late...”

“Well, if you’re here before me, I’m late. I should’ve picked you up...”

“It’s fine, really.”

“If you say so… What would you like to watch?”

“Um… I’m not sure.”

“Okay, well, I thought… maybe we could watch The Devil’s Third Eye? I mean, it’s a little scary and all but it’s fine.”

“I… I don’t like crowds all that much. Can we just… go somewhere else?”

“Definitely… let’s go.”

As cliché as it sounded, I had no idea why he had asked me out. He was the first ranker in the class and I always went back and forth between second, third and fourth place. We rarely ever spoke and it was odd how after three semesters together, he just decided to ask me out.

But I could never muster up the courage to ask him why.

-

“Hi,” Woon said and gave me a little kiss before sitting down.

“Hello.”

“What’re you watching?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t been paying attention.”

“Well, it looks like Action Kamen.”

I nodded and adjusted a bit more, sinking further down the couch back as I read. Almost nothing, other than his lips, worked when it came to distracting me from books. He usually always used it when he wanted attention. My book went flying out my hand and his lips attacked my neck and face and I could only give in.

“You’re kind of mean, Woon-ah.”

“Finally,” he whispered against my skin, before moving away.

“Finally, what?”

“It’s our anniversary tomorrow. It’s the seventh, you did remember that, right?” No.

“Yes.”

“Liar.”

“I have bad memory.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“I’m sorry.”

He grinned. “Sure, no problem. But… let’s do something.”

“What?”

“Let’s go to the beach. We’ll have fun.”

“Beach… okay.”

He smiled and kissed me again before pulling me to his chest for a hug. “I love you…”

“Uh… thanks.”

“When will I get to hear those three magical words from you?”

“Well, I… I’m working on it.”

“You text me those words an awful lot… why can’t you just say them?”

“I’m trying...”

“Try a bit harder… my heart hurts,” he said, dramatically.

“Very funny.”

“Your face looks kind of pale. Have you eaten?”

“Eaten… no.”

“No?”

“No.”

“Wow...”

“I forgot...”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter