CH 8

Worth The Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi.”

 

Mina, who was busy writing notes, heard a voice she was very familiar with. Her body seemed to tense up which had become like an involuntary response every time she sees or hears that certain person. She didn’t want to look up but she knew she had to, so she did.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Mind if I sit here?”

 

Mina wanted to say no and just walked out right then and there. However, she ended up shrugging.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“What do you want, Nayeon?” Mina said with a poker face.

 

Nayeon gently pulled the chair out of the table and sat across Mina. She then laid down a book she took out from one of the library shelf, in front of her and leaned forward with her arms resting on it. She looked straight at Mina’s face and smiled, a real happy smile.

 

“Nothing. Just wanna know how you’re doing.” She answered. Her smile never faltered.

 

Mina looked away; her eyes scanning all corners of the library trying to find her best friends who left her a minute before Nayeon came, saying they need to get some books for their assignment. Mina was sure they planned this; she rolled her eyes at the thought. She made a mental note to make her best friends pay for it later on.

 

“Mina?” Nayeon softly called.

 

“I’m fine.” Mina nonchalantly said as she looked back down on her notebook and started scribbling. She wasn’t really working on her notes, but rather just making up random sentences so as to show Nayeon she wasn’t interested in her presence, “I am always fine.”

 

“Mina please…” Nayeon said. Her happy face turned into a sad one.

 

Mina couldn’t take it any longer. She wasn’t ready for this yet. She always tells everybody and herself that she was fine but she knew deep down that it was a big freaking lie. Now, here she is, face to face with the person who was the reason of her misery, in a freaking library where she couldn’t scream and shout; moreover cause a scene.

 

She took a deep breath in as her hands started to tremble and her grip on her pen getting tighter each passing second.

 

Nayeon didn’t fail to notice this so she reached over Mina’s hands and held it with her own.

 

“What? Why do you even care?” Mina said through gritted teeth. She didn’t want to attract attention from other students in the library and she was somehow thankful they were sitted at the far end of the room.

 

“After all these months, you’re just gonna come up to me and ask how I’m doing? Like what the , Nayeon?!” She continued as she tried to yank her hands back from Nayeon’s hold, but to no avail, because the latter held them even tighter while rubbing the back of her hands trying to calm her down.

 

“I know you hate me so much, Mina, and I completely understand why but please..”

 

Nayeon felt Mina’s struggle under her hold ceased and she knew somehow, the younger was willing to listen to her, for now.

 

“I care for you. I really do and I always will…” Her voice started to crack. All the pent up emotions were st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter