CH 20

Worth The Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Comments last chapter are hilarious lol. Y’all are so cute! =))

As always, thank you for the continuous love and support for WTW.

 

I’ve put this note here on top because I don’t want my blabber

 to be last thing you’d read hehehe~

 

Enjoy!

 

 

 

Minatozaki Sana slammed her shot glass down on the bar table before getting another full one and bringing it to her lips. Her and Momo had already consumed half bottle of vodka, while Mina was just casually sipping on her margarita. The trio were given an exclusive invitation to that party in the club by one of Sana’s college friends.

 

“Slow down you two. The night is still young.” Mina said.

 

Momo snorted. “This is nothing, Minari!” she confidently said, grinning like a fool. “Besides, I can’t get drunk till Jeongyeon comes.”

 

Mina knew better though and by the looks of it, Momo only needed a few more shots before she reaches her limit. As for Sana, she had been busy typing on her phone while giggling, and Mina assumed it was Dahyun who she was texting, most probably sending the sophomore girl dirty messages because of the way she was giggling to herself.

 

It wasn’t long before Jeongyeon and Jihyo arrived at the club and made their way straight to where the trio was at. Greetings were thrown. Momo happily clung onto Jeongyeon’s neck, peppering the latter with kisses; Sana engulfed Jihyo in a tight hug and planted a wet kiss on her cheek; Mina, on the other hand, cringed at the sight. Oh for clarity’s sake, Sana and Jihyo had ‘something’ in the past as they were being paired together by JeongMo and MiNayeon, way back before Sana went in a relationship with Dahyun. So, Sana being all touchy and flirty with Jihyo, was nothing new to the group.

 

Mina subconsciously looked around for the missing member of 3mix, and Jihyo took notice of it. 

 

“She’s not here.” Jihyo said loudly, effectively getting all their attention.

 

“Eh?”

 

“Nayeon.”

 

“I’m not –“ Mina sighed. She thought that her and Nayeon were friends so there was nothing wrong if she looked for her. “How come? As far as I know, she could never pass up a chance to be in an exclusive party like this one.”

 

“True. Problem is she has curfew.” Jeongyeon commented, taking a shot of vodka afterwards. Jihyo furtively hit her on the leg, while Mina looked at her with a perplexed expression.

 

“What she means is that Nayeon’s parents are out of town so she has to look after their house.” Jihyo explained.

 

“AHHH enough talking! Time to party!” Sana shouted excitedly, as she jumped off the stool. She dragged Jihyo with her, then JeongMo followed closely behind. Mina was left alone, sort of relieved because she was starting to feel like she was ‘fifth wheeling’.

 

 

Mina was mindlessly churning the glass around, too consumed by her thoughts that she didn’t notice someone was already standing beside her.

 

“Two margaritas, please.” The girl beside Mina, ordered.

 

Mina’s head tilted slightly to the side as her eyeballs darted to the arm of the girl, which was leaning on the bar table.

 

A minute later, the bartender presented the girl’s order. She then slowly pushed one glass in front of Mina.

 

“One for you, one for me.”

 

Mina was surprised so she finally looked up to get a view of the stranger’s face, and damn she was beautiful. “Why, thank you.” She said, showing a small toothy smile.

 

“My pleasure. Name’s Bona.” The girl introduced herself and extended a hand for Mina to shake.

 

“Mina.” Mina shook Bona’s hand.

 

“Myoui Mina. I know who you are.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“So, why are you here all alone when your friends are having a blast over there?” Bona asked, as she pointed a thumb to the dance floor.

 

“Too crowded in there.” Mina simply replied.

 

Bona leaned forward until her lips were just an inch away from Mina’s ear. “Well, I know a good place that isn’t crowded at all. Just you… and me,” she whispered in an overly seductive and husky voice, a small smirk formed on the corner of her lips.

 

Mina almost spat out her booze; she felt chills and it wasn’t even the good kind.

 

“That’s a pretty good suggestion, but no thanks. I’m not interested.” Mina refused, chuckling a little.

 

In an instant, Bona’s seductive look turned into an incredulous one as fell slightly open. “Are you ing serious?”

 

“Dead serious.”

 

Mina heard Bona clicked her tongue, obviously infuriated. She thought that Bona was the type of girl who didn’t like being rejected, heck she was probably never been rejected before, and Mina could only hope she won’t get butchered or something close to that.

 

“Whatever! You’re boring!” Bona glowered.

 

Mina watched as Bona angrily stomped away from her, roughly brushing past through the crowd.

 

Mina shrugged, then she heaved a sigh of relief, internally grateful that Bona didn’t make a scene.

 

“Oh well, more booze for me.” She mumbled to herself, as she downed Bona’s untouched drink.

 

Minutes later, Mina was starting to feel her head becomes heavy. A thought suddenly crossed her mind. She took her phone out of her jeans pocket and typed a short message which read:

 

To: Honeyoda

 

Wish you were here… IMY

 

 

“The usual.” A voice ordered.

 

Mina turned her head to the side and came face to face with a smiling Jennie, who had occupied the stool right next to her.

 

“Jennie.”

 

“Hey Mina.”

 

“Thanks,” Jennie politely said to the bartender as he handed over her drink. She raised her glass up to Mina and said, “Cheers?”

 

Mina mirrored the action and their glasses clinked.

 

“So, how’s everything?”

 

“Fine,” Mina simply answered, not really wanting to talk much about herself. “Where are your friends?

 

“I came here with Lisa.” Jennie cocked her head towards the dance floor, and Mina followed with her gaze.

 

There on the dance floor, was Lisa, having a showdown with none other than Momo. They were poppin n lockin while spectators around them excitedly cheered.

 

“How’s Jisoo?”

 

“She’s been doing well. She’s into guitar lately so Rose has been teaching her.”

 

“Really? That’s good.”

 

“Mhm. How about you and the sophomore girl?”

 

“She has a name,” Mina said in a monotone.

 

Jennie chuckled awkwardly, “Right. Chou Tzuyu.”

 

“To answer your question, we are fine and… happy.”

 

Both girls stayed silent. They watched as people around them dance, grind, make out or do whatever stuff people usually do in a club.

 

“You know I’m surprised you didn’t come back to Nayeon after she told you everything,” Jennie spoke out.

 

“Huh? What do you mean?” Mina tilted her head to look at Jennie. She frowned, puzzled by the other girl’s statement.

 

“I mean, wait… She didn’t?” Jennie huffed loudly when she realized something. “That girl…” she mumbled to herself.

 

“Jennie what are you saying?” Mina’s attention was now fully diverted to Jennie.

 

“Did you even bother to ask Nayeon the reason why she left you?” Jennie asked irritably, her face turned into a frown.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter