CH 4

Worth The Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Friday night @ Rose’s house-

 

Mina entered the house which was b with teenage girls, some were already drunk. The music was booming out the speakers, making the whole house vibrate. Mina wasn’t particularly the partygoer type but this was different because her friends were with her. This was one crazy party though as the amount of people was too much, way more than the one hosted by Jeongyeon last year. She looked around and spotted her friends playing some sort of drinking game.

 

“Hey it’s Mina!” Momo yelled, drunk off her @ss as she came hurdling towards Mina and engulfed her in a tight bear hug followed by Sana.

 

Mina felt like she was suffocating from the tight hug of her two best friends.

 

“Alright. Let her go.” Jisoo said, laughing as they released Mina from the hug.

 

“You ok, babe?”

 

“Yeah I think I’ll survive.” Mina said shaking herself from Momo’s grip as the the girl stumbled off to pester Jeongyeon, who was watching them from across the room.

 

Sana handed one cup of soju to Mina.

 

“You have to catch up.” She said cheekily, her face had a tinge of pink hue obviously due to consuming soju.

 

Mina downed the drink and then they joined their other friends from across the room. The girls had occupied one recreational room, where the billiard table was, all to themselves. Perks of being friends with the host of the party.

 

As soon as Mina approached the group, each of them happily greeted her with either a hug, a cheek to cheek kiss or a fist bump, except for Nayeon, who just put on a soft smile from a distance.

 

“Ahh Minari!” Sana shouted.

 

She pulled Dahyun beside her and draped an arm around the younger’s waist.

 

“This is Dahyun, my girlfriend.” She said while pinching Dahyun’s cheek.

 

“Yah!” Dahyun feeling a little embarrassed, pushed Sana’s hand away from her face. “Hi Mina-ssi! We’ve finally formally met!” She said with a big smile then slightly bowed.

 

Mina stepped closer in front of Dahyun so she could hear her as the music was too loud for her small voice. “Nice to meet you, Dahyun! Just call me unnie, I consider my friends’ friend as my friend too.”

 

“Thank you, Mina unnie. You’re so pretty up close! Dahyun said, blushing.

 

“Come on! Let’s continue the game!” Jihyo yelled.

 

The girls made Mina join their drinking game which was basically about pocketing the cue ball in any of the billiard table holes, failing to do so equals to one shot of soju. Mina did quite well against most of her friends and had gulped down only 2 shots of soju so far.

 

After an hour of playing, Mina excused herself as she needed a toilet break. It took her about 15 minutes to come back because she had waited for this one girl to finish whatever business she was doing inside the toilet, and mind you, it was a disaster.

 

When she reached back into their group’s room, they had already stopped playing and were kinda “playing” with each other instead. Momo and Jeongyeon were making out on the couch; Rose and Lisa were jumping on another couch, singing and shouting; Sana, Jihyo and Dahyun were on the dance floor doing Dahyun’s famous eagle dance. Jisoo, Jennie and Nayeon were nowhere in sight though so Mina decided to look around for her girlfriend.

 

She pushed and squeezed through the crowd of drunk dancing girls in the living room then she ended up in front of a glass door separating the living room from the backyard where the swimming pool was. There, she saw the back of a girl she knew all too well, sitting by the pool.

 

A sudden feeling of nostalgia came rushing over her.

 

---Flashback---

 

Mina was a little less steady on her feet when she left the table, but she was still chugging her third drink happily. Mina was looking for HER and she was desperate to find her, she spotted Jihyo so she sauntered up to her with a wide smile.

 

“Hey where is Nayeon?” Mina said, leaning against the wall.

 

“Outside.” Jihyo said with a glint in her eye as if she knew something Mina didn’t which sobered the latter a little because she really didn’t like surprises.

 

“Having fun?”

 

“Yeah, I think a little too much.” Mina said with a smirk.

 

“How bout you?”

 

“Well I don’t have my head in the toilet so I am” Jihyo said with a laugh.

 

“Good! Anyway, see ya later!” Mina said then winked.

 

Mina walked outside, it had taken her some time to work out that the door was a sliding door but she did. Nayeon was laughing by the pool at Mina’s efforts and was about to help her out.

 

“Alright there, Mina?” Nayeon said from the pool side, her bare legs dangling into the pool.

 

Nayeon looked breathtaking. She was wearing a summer dress which fitted her perfectly in all the right places, she was also wearing hair extensions which had been styled over her right shoulder and she just looked gorgeous.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter