CH 19

Worth The Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Where are you?”

 

“Rooftop. Are you done? I’ll go down.”

 

“No need.”

 

Tzuyu turned around when she heard the door creaked open. She brought her phone down away from her ear and ended the call. “Well that was fast,” she said, chuckling.

 

“Kinda thought you’d be here.” Mina said, after she closed the door.

 

Tzuyu perked an eyebrow up and mockingly said, “Oh is that so?”

 

Mina made her way beside Tzuyu at the corner and held onto the railing, taking in the beautiful sight infront of her.

 

“Yeah… I followed my instinct,” she uttered. She looked up at the sky and closed her eyes, as the cold breeze caressed her face.

 

Tzuyu glanced at Mina and smiled. She leaned her back against the concrete, and then stared right off into space. Both girls seemed to be lost in their own thoughts.

 

A full minute had passed without a single word coming out of their mouths. It was Mina who decided to break the silence.

 

“Do you come here often?” she asked, eyes opened and now looking down at the students strolling on the ground level.

 

“Mhm. This is my favorite place in school. I come here whenever I want to have some peace of mind, something like that.” Tzuyu answered.

 

She heard Mina snorted. “What?” she asked, looking at Mina.

 

“It’s the opposite for me. This is my least favorite area in school.” Mina said as she shrugged.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because…” Mina turned her whole body to face Tzuyu, she rubbed her chin as if thinking of what to say next.

 

“Because?”

 

“Because this is the place where I got rejected by someone. And mind you, that was the first time I ever got rejected. FIRST TIME.” Mina animatedly stated.

 

Tzuyu laughed at how funny and cute Mina looked while saying those sentences. How can she even forget that? It was one of the most memorable happenings that she gets reminded of every time she goes there.

 

“Oh I’m sure that someone is so honored to be your FIRST,” Tzuyu teased.

 

“Hey!” Mina playfully nudged Tzuyu by the arm, making both of them laugh. They laughed and stared at each other until the atmosphere around them slowly became awkward. Mina avoided Tzuyu’s gaze, then she cleared once.

 

“Uh.. By the way, where’s Chaeng?”

 

“I don’t know.” Tzuyu nonchalantly replied.

 

Mina noticed the change in the younger girl’s tone. “You don’t know? That’s new,” she pressed.

 

Tzuyu scoffed, turning her head away from Mina.

 

“Why don’t you call her and ask?”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“You heard me.”

 

Mina tilted her head slightly and narrowed her eyes, gazing intensely at Tzuyu’s annoyed face.

 

“Chou Tzuyu.”

 

“What?” Tzuyu replied, without sparing a glance at Mina. It was too late when she noticed that the latter had positioned herself infront of her, both hands gripping the railing at the back on either of her sides, trapping her (T) in between her (M) arms. Their bodies were almost pressed together, and Tzuyu’s heart skipped a beat when her eyes met Mina’s intense ones. She gulped.

 

“W-w-what are you d-doing?!” Tzuyu blurted out.

 

“Tell me, are you jealous?” Mina said in a low tone.

 

Tzuyu’s eyes grew wide for a second. She opened to speak, but words seemed to have failed her.

 

“If you are, I’m not complaining,” Mina whispered, lips curling up into a smirk. She inched her head closer to Tzuyu’s, but stopped when she saw panic in the younger’s eyes.

 

Tzuyu pushed Mina’s arm, successfully freeing herself away from the latter. She set as much distance as she could between them. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself before turning around to face Mina again.

 

“What are you saying?! I-I’m not jealous!”

 

Mina wasn’t buying it though. She slowly walked towards Tzuyu, while Tzuyu walked backwards.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Tzuyu scoffed. “Why would I be? You’re not even my real girlfriend.”

 

“Then let’s make this real,” Mina said, and Tzuyu wasn’t sure if she was joking or not because the Japanese girl looked dead serious.

 

“Please stop fooling around, Mina unnie…” Tzuyu mumbled. Her back came in contact with the cold cement, sending shivers down her spine. She looked down on the floor. Mina also stopped marching forward, just a foot away from Tzuyu. Her confident demeanor faded into a nervous yet gentle one.

 

“I’m not fooling around, Tzuyu. I…” Mina started, she brought a hand up and gently cupped Tzuyu’s cheek.

 

Tzuyu finally looked her in the eyes again.

 

“…I like you,” Mina breathed out.

 

‘I like you’ the words echoed inside of Tzuyu’s head and it made her heart swell with a different kind of joy. Her eyes fluttered shut as she leaned into Mina’s hand on her cheek, feeling its warmth.

 

And then,

 

The door of the rooftop suddenly opened.

 

“WAA

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter