CH 24

Worth The Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Shoutout to penguin721 and MinaFan0324 for that intellectual ‘debate’.

It is truly amazing how some of you really try to analyze the whole story on a deeper level.

 

I do want to comment on all of your feedbacks and I will once the story is completed.

Again, thank you everyone for the support! <3

 

Finale is coming!

Are you ready?

 

 

 

-Friday-

 

Days had passed since the TzuNaMi incident happened. By now, the public is already aware of MiTzu’s unfortunate breakup. Tzuyu also disclosed their act to Dahyun, while Mina and Nayeon did the same to their other friends (Jihyo and Jeongyeon).

 

No more lies, no more pretense.

 

Ever since that day, Mina had not been able to contact or even see Tzuyu. It was as if the latter had been avoiding her on purpose. On the other side, Mina had forgiven Nayeon for what she did and they remained friends; Mina just couldn’t bring herself to get mad at Nayeon again after everything that both of them went through.

 

 

The door of the meeting hall bursted open as students quickly flocked out. It was almost 6:00pm. All the 2nd year sections were required to attend the meeting since their department was assigned to manage and organize the upcoming end of the semester school party, which will take place in 2 weeks time.

 

“Ugh this is such a hassle,” Dahyun complained.

 

“I think it’ll be fun. Right, Chewy?” Chaeyoung said, cocking her head slightly while waiting for Tzuyu’s affirmation.

 

Tzuyu simply shrugged.

 

“Tzuyu!”

 

Someone called out from behind. The trio looked back and saw their batchmate waving at them, Tzuyu waved back.

 

“See you next week, Chaeyoungie and Dahyunnie.” Tzuyu told them.

 

“What? Why?” Dahyun asked.

 

“We’re going to check that decoration shop a few blocks away from here.” Tzuyu said. She was assigned to the decoration team while Dahyun was part of the entertainment team and Chaeyoung as part of the overall management team.

 

“Ohhh…” Dahyun wiggled her eyebrows teasingly.

 

Tzuyu rolled her eyes.

 

“We’re just friends.”

 

Dahyun grinned broadly, “Sure sure.”

 

“Okay then, see you next week Chewy. Take care. Text me when you reach home.” Chaeyoung said with a smile.

 

“I will. You too.”

 

After they parted ways, Tzuyu went over to her other friend.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Hey. Umm can you wait here for a few minutes? I forgot my notebook in the classroom. I’ll be quick.” The girl said.

 

“I’ll go with you.” Tzuyu replied.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah well it’s weekend tomorrow so there’s really no need to rush.” Tzuyu adamantly said and flashed a reassuring smile at the other girl.

 

“If you insist. Alright, let’s go.” The girl happily said, linking their arms in the process.

 

 

“Okay babe, see you,” Momo ended the call and tucked her phone in her pants’ pocket. “They are waiting at the café outside.”

 

“Dahyun too, she is waiting at the entrance with Chaeyoung.” Sana said.

 

Just like the maknae line, J-Trinity had just finished their routine dance practice and now on their way out of the school to meet with 3mix; Sana meeting Dahyun to say goodbye.

 

“Tzuyu?” Mina asked.

 

“She’s still somewhere here. Do you want to search for her?”

 

Momo suddenly gasped, getting Mina and Sana’s attention. “Search no more,” she mumbled, then she pursed her lips towards a tall girl standing across from where they are. Said girl had her back facing the trio so she didn’t notice them.

 

Mina’s lips automatically curled up into a smile upon seeing her. Tzuyu. It’s been three days since she last saw her. Three days of sadness and longing.

 

She was about to approach Tzuyu when an unfamiliar girl emerged out of the classroom and linked her arm with Tzuyu’s. They started walking.

 

“Who the heck is that?” Mina voiced peevishly, her face turned into a frown. She handed her duffel bag to Momo and was about to leave when Sana grabbed her wrist.

 

“Where are you going?” She whispered loudly.

 

“I’ll follow them. You two just go on ahead.” Mina yanked her hand and quickly tailed Tzuyu, leaving SaMo baffled.

 

 

Mina maintained a good 25ft distance between her and the two sophomores. She had her eyes intensely fixated on them while paying close attention to each and every movement they were doing. Mina squinted her eyes and huffed in annoyance when she saw Tzuyu laughed at something the other girl showed from her phone.

 

Then,

 

Tzuyu slowly turned her head to look back.

 

“Oh crap!” Mina cursed under her breath. She needed to hide and quick. Her eyes landed on two students walking the opposite direction as her, then she grabbed them by the wrist and huddled them close together serving as a barricade; she ducked down and placed her index finger over her lips, shushing the students, who were both trying hard to stifle their squeals and fangirl on Mina.

 

 

Tzuyu looked back and saw those two girls that passed by them, standing idly in the middle of the hallway.

 

‘Weird,’ she thought. Then her eyes averted down their feet; her brows furrowed when she saw another pair of feet facing the two students, but she couldn’t see who it was.

 

“What’s the matter, Tzuyu?”

 

“I thought I heard something. Nevermind.”

 

When they passed by along the 1st year department building, they heard muffled sounds of squeal and whisper coming from students who are currently loitering in the hallway. Tzuyu even heard one girl said ‘Mina’ at one point, but whenever she turned her head around to search, no presence of Mina could be found anywhere.

 

They continued walking until they reached a less crowded area within the school’s premises, in fact they were the only students there. Tzuyu stopped walking and turned to face the other girl.

 

“Can you please go ahead and just wait for me at the gate?” Tzuyu said politely.  

 

Without questions asked, the girl nodded her head and smiled. Tzuyu watched her walked away till she was out of her sight.

 

“You know you’re not really that stealthy,” Tzuyu exclaimed. She turned around with her arms crossed, “You may come out now, Mina unnie.”

 

Mina peeked her head out of the corner, then she slowly made her way to Tzuyu, hands clasped behind her back like an embarrassed little kid.

 

“Why are you stalking us?”

 

“I-I-I –“ Mina cleared . “I just want to know who’s that girl. Is she the reason why you’ve been avoiding me?”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“You’ve been avoiding me like I have some kind of disease and –“

 

Tzuyu raised a hand up, “Wait up. She has nothing to do with it, okay? She is my friend.”

 

“Oh really? Since when did you get so close with her? I have never even seen you communicate with her before.” Mina interrogated, pouting like a jealous girlfriend.

 

“For your information, I’ve known her even before I met you. It’s just that we were in a relationship so she was afraid to approach me back then,” Tzuyu clicked her tongue, annoyed. “Why am I even explaining to you? Why do you care?”

 

“What kind of question is that? Of course I care, I am your –“ Mina paused, she suddenly felt dried up.

 

“My what?” Tzuyu impatiently asked.

 

“F-friend…” Mina mumbled.

 

“Exactly. You are just my friend so who I associate myself with is none of your concern.” Tzuyu deadpanned.

 

‘Ouch’. Mina felt as if she had been stabbed in the heart.

 

“Please leave me and Elkie alone.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter