CH 17.1

Worth The Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning, Tzuyu.”

 

“Good morning, oppa.” Tzuyu greeted back, looking around as if searching for someone.

 

“Your girlfriend is not here.” The officer said.

 

“She’s not –“ Tzuyu stopped, and shook her head. “Nevermind…” she mumbled under her breath.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Nothing. I’ll go now.” Tzuyu passed by the gate and was on her way, when the officer called her back.

 

“Ahh I almost forgot. This is for you,” he handed over a small box neatly covered in a gift wrap to Tzuyu. “From your honey.”

 

Tzuyu raised a questioning brow at him.

 

“She dropped by an hour ago and asked me to give that to you,” he said.

 

“Oh alright. Thanks.” Tzuyu resumed walking, and as soon as she was out of the officer’s sight, she stopped. She looked at the small box on the palm of her hand, there was a card attached to it. She opened the card first which read:

 

To: Honeyoda

       I hope you’re okay.

       I hope we’re okay.

From: Your Penguin :)

 

Tzuyu scoffed at the nickname given to her, but smiled at the sender part. She then carefully opened the box next, making her smile grew even wider that reached her eyes. She took the item by its split ring; it was a customized keychain that had a penguin holding the letters ‘CT’ design.

 

“That dork.”

 

Tzuyu wasn’t really mad at Mina, irritated maybe, but more of mad at herself for being affected like that. Now, she felt even more guilty for acting out on Mina the last time they met.

 

 

Tzuyu almost bumped to SaiDa on the way to her deparment building.

 

“Hey! Chewy-ah, good morning.” Dahyun greeted with that toothy smile of hers.

 

“Good morning, Tzuyu!” Sana also greeted equally as cheerful as her girlfriend.

 

“Good morning, unnies. Where are you going?” Tzuyu asked.

 

“Gonna get breakfast,” Dahyun answered. “Wanna join us?” she asked, as Sana wrapped an arm around her neck. She lovingly looked up at Sana, and when the Japanese girl was about to give her a kiss on the forehead, Tzuyu cleared .

 

“Uh.. Thanks, but I had my breakfast at home already.” Tzuyu mumbled, an awkward smile plastered on her face. The sudden display of affection made her very uncomfortable, and she hoped the ground beneath her would open up and just swallow her whole.

 

Dahyun pouted, “Aww.”

 

“That’s okay, Dubu. I’m sure Mina will come looking for her soon.” Sana said, looking directly at Tzuyu with a playful smirk on her lips. There was a mischievous glint in her eyes that tells Tzuyu she knew something was going on.

 

“Where is she? She came to school really early today.” Tzuyu said.

 

“Well we had a dance practice, and she was still in the gymnasium when we left.” Sana said.

 

“Ah, alright.”

 

“Why don’t you call her?”

 

“Yeah I guess I’d do that.”

 

“You should.” Sana urged, and winked.

 

SaiDa and Tzuyu parted ways.

 

Tzuyu actually tried to call Mina when she was on her way to school, but the latter didn’t pick up, making Tzuyu feel irritated again because it was the first time she had called Mina. But now, she thought that Mina was probably busy with the dance practice when she called, so there was no point feeling irritated at all.

 

 

“You think they’ll be fine?” Dahyun asked.

 

“I’m sure they will,” Sana answered, sighing. “Ahh young love.”

 

“You sound as if we are so old.”

 

Sana chuckled, “I’m just thrilled to see our friend finally experiencing this wonderful thing called love,” she dreamily said.

 

“It’s too early to say that. They probably like each other, but love? That takes time.” Dahyun shrugged.

 

“Maybe so. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see for their love story to unfold.”

 

“If it will unfold.”

 

“Hey! You sound like Momo! That girl is my enemy when it comes to this topic, cause she’s a MiNayeon shipper.” Sana whined, detaching herself from Dahyun.

 

“What? No! I’m all for Tzuyu’s happiness, but I also don’t want her to get hurt,” Dahyun started, “We all know how Mina unnie was head over heels for Nayeonnie. You remember what happened that day during lunch? I’m not sure about Mina, but Nayeon obviously still has feelings for her.”

 

Sana thought about it for a moment, then she huffed defeatedly, “Fine. Let’s not talk about that anymore. All I know is that true love always prevails.”

 

“That, I agree.” Dahyun tiptoed a little and gave Sana a quick peck on the lips.

 

 

“You sure you don’t wanna come with me?” Momo asked, while drying her wet hair with a towel.

 

“Mhm. I need to see, Tzuyu.” Mina said, as she fished out for her phone inside her bag.

 

Momo scoffed. She whipped the towel over her shoulder after she was done with it, her eyebrows perked up for a second, “Search no more.”

 

“Huh?” Mina murmured without looking. She was busy searching for her phone, “Where the heck did I put that thing.”

 

“Heads up.”

 

Mina looked up and her face instantly lighted up. She saw Tzuyu making a beeline towards them. By the way the younger was smiling at them made Mina feel at ease. She had been feeling restless since the last time they met because of how Tzuyu appeared to be mad at her, for a reason she couldn’t quite figure out. Something crossed her mind, but she kicked that thought away, thinking it was absurd.

 

Momo reached over Mina’s head and tousled her hair, “Someone’s about to have a great day,” she cooed.

 

Mina swatted Momo’s hand away, “Shut up.”

 

“Sure. Later, alligator.” Momo teased one more time before skipping away from Mina. She waved her hand at Tzuyu, who waved back in return.

 

“Hi!” Mina chirped.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter