CH 16.3

Worth The Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ice cream!” Mina said in delight, while pointing to Baskin Robbins.

 

“But we just ate.” Tzuyu said as she continued walking and tried to pull Mina with her, but the latter didn’t budge.

 

“Yeah but we didn’t have dessert yet.”

 

“Do we have to?”

 

“Yes! Don’t worry, we’ll keep walking to burn those calories.”

 

“I’m not worried about that.”

 

“Didn’t you tell me to keep my word? So now is your chance to buy me something.” Mina said, grinning.

 

Tzuyu sighed in defeat, “Fine, you win.”

 

“Yey!” Mina softly yelled, and briskly walked towards the desired kiosk, pulling Tzuyu with her.

 

As soon as MiTzu came in, they saw a familiar figure giving directions to the staff attending to her.

 

“Wait, isn’t that?” Tzuyu whispered.

 

Mina shrugged and whispered back, “Looks like her.”

 

The pair walked in further and stopped just an arm’s length away from the familiar figure’s back.

 

“Jihyo unnie?” Tzuyu said in a questioning manner.

 

Upon hearing the voice, Jihyo instantly turned around to face them with a surprised look on her face.

 

“Mina! Tzuyu!” She exclaimed, giving each girl a hug. “What a surprise to see you two here.”

 

(Author: You thought it was Nayeon, didn’t you? Admit it! Hahaha! Just kidding~ Don’t mind author, carry on~ :S)

 

“Nice to see you too, Jihyo.” Mina said, chuckling.

 

“Out on a date huh?” Jihyo teased.

 

“Yup, saturdate!” Mina answered, looking at Tzuyu, who nodded as support.

 

MiTzu gave their orders to the available staff. Mina ordered one scoop of rainbow sherbet and one scoop of love potion topped with strawberry puree, while Tzuyu ordered just a scoop of cookies n’ cream without any toppings.

 

Mina noticed Jihyo’s order which consisted of 3 cups with different flavors.

 

“Three cups?” She said out loud.

 

“Huh?”

 

“That’s all for you?” Mina asked, pout-pointing at Jihyo’s ice cream bag.

 

“Of course not!” Jihyo answered, a smirk played on her lips.

 

Mina did a double take; for a second, she thought she saw Jihyo smirked.

 

Once they had finished paying for their orders, the trio headed out and almost bumped into –

 

“Ah! What took you girls so long?!” Jihyo complained.

 

“Hey Mina and Tzuyu!” Jeongyeon greeted.

 

“Hi Jeongyeonnie and Nayeonnie.” Tzuyu greeted back with a small smile.

 

On the other hand, Mina and Nayeon seemed to have been locked in a staring competition. Tzuyu subtly tugged Mina’s hand, while Jeongyeon faked a cough.

 

“Oh hi Tzuyu. Mina.” Nayeon mumbled, a little embarrassed. “Good to see you two.”

 

“Indeed it is good to see them, right?” Jeongyeon commented.

 

Jihyo shot Jeongyeon a warning glare.

 

“I mean it.” Jeongyeon raised her hands in the air.

 

“Same here.” Mina nonchalantly said.

 

“So where are you going now?” Jihyo asked.

 

“Nowhere in particular. Just walking around.” Mina replied.

 

“How about you, unnies?” Tzuyu asked.

 

“Same,” Jeongyeon was quick to answer. “Wanna walk together then?” She offered, glancing at Nayeon.

 

“Yes, join us. The more, the merrier.” Nayeon agreed, smiling.

 

Mina shrugged, taking a spoonful of her ice cream before saying, “Right.”

 

“Come on, 2yeon. Let’s not disturb their ‘saturdate’.” Jihyo said.

 

Mina and Tzuyu looked at each other.

 

Tzuyu weakly smiled at Mina, merely nodding. “It’s okay unnies. We will go with you,” she said.

 

“Great!” Jihyo and Jeongyeon both hollered, while Nayeon had a toothy smile plastered across her face.

 

“Let’s go!”

 

The group was about to start roaming around when Nayeon walked over in front of Mina.

 

“Hold on, there’s a smudge.” Nayeon said as she reached over and casually wiped off the ice cream smudge on the side of Mina’s lips.

 

Mina froze for a second, then she immediately looked at Tzuyu who had a blank expression on her face. Jeongyeon and Jihyo both exchanged knowing looks to one another.

 

“Oh umm..ahh sorry,” Nayeon slightly blushed.

 

“No probs. Thanks.” Mina said, linking her arm to Tzuyu’s. “Come on.”

 

The group strolled around the mall, mostly checking apparel shops. Two hours had passed before they all got tired from walking and decided to rest for awhile. As they were searching for a place to chill, they passed by ‘Forever 21’ and Nayeon couldn’t restrain herself from going in since it was her favorite brand. Hers and Mina’s.

 

“I know that look Im Nayeon.” Jeongyeon stated.

 

“Last stop, please.” Nayeon pleaded.

 

“We can come back later.” Jeongyeon firmly said, knowing that if they let Nayeon have it her way, it would take them another 30 minutes or more to finish checking things out. She glanced at Jihyo, hinting for support.

 

“Ye. I’m sure Mina and Tzuyu wanted to take a rest now also.” Jihyo said.

 

Nayeon sulked as she looked down on the floor, pouting. “Okay.”

 

“Don’t worry about us. We’re still fine. Right, Tzuyu?” Mina said.

 

“Y-yes.” Tzuyu replied, forcing a smile. She really just wanted to go home because she somewhat lost her mood already.

 

Nayeon’s face lightened up, “Are you sure?”

 

“Yup.” Mina walked in the shop, dragging along Tzuyu with her. The other girls followed behind; Nayeon bouncing happily, while Jeongyeon and Jihyo just shrugged.

 

The shop was literally much bigger than most shops in that mall so the girls went on their separate ways to check each of their preferr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter