CH 10

Worth The Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m gonna be late! Need to call Chaeng.”

 

Tzuyu frustratingly said to no one as she hurriedly got out of her dorm building. She searched for her phone in her bag as she passed by the gate and made a right turn onto the sidewalk when…

 

“Good morning beautiful!”

 

Tzuyu whipped her head so fast she felt dizzy for a second. She gasped in horror when she saw Mina leaning on the side of a bordeaux black Nissan Juke car, grinning widely and waving at her.

 

“What the…” Tzuyu murmured to herself. There it goes again, her heart was starting to race and she didn’t quite like it.

 

“What are you doing here, Mina unnie?” Tzuyu asked in disbelief.

 

“Thought I’d pick you up so we can go to school together?” Mina said.

 

Tzuyu shot her an ‘Are-you-kidding-me-look?’ before looking over at her wristwatch, “How did you even know I live here?”

 

Mina shrugged and put on a lopsided smile, “I have my ways.”

 

Tzuyu rolled her eyes and turned back on her heels. She quickly walked away from Mina.

 

“W-wait!” Mina exclaimed, but the younger just ignored her and kept on walking further. “Aish this girl!” she mumbled to herself then she hurriedly hopped into her car and followed Tzuyu.

 

She drove slowly just beside the sidewalk and slid down the window of her car, “Come on Tzuyu hop in!”

 

Tzuyu didn’t even glance at Mina; instead she continued walking even faster.

 

“You’re running late!” Mina yelled once again. The cars at the back are now honking at her as she was driving really slowly just to keep up with Tzuyu’s pacing.

 

Tzuyu, feeling embarrassed, took a turn at an alley in an attempt to lose Mina which indeed was successful. But internally cursed herself as the route would make her reach school even later.

 

Mina, on the other hand, tousled her hair exasperatingly when she lost sight of Tzuyu, “Damnit!” she huffed as she started driving properly along the way to school.

 

 

Tzuyu ran as fast as she could along the empty hallway towards her first class; thankful for having long legs during this kind of emergency. She heaved a sigh of relief upon reaching the door of their classroom and seeing that the teacher was not yet inside. She made her way to where she and Chaeyoung usually sit near the back of the classroom, ignoring all the good morning smiles and greetings her classmates were giving her. She wasn’t having a good morning after all. She tiredly plopped down beside her best friend.

 

“Morning Chewy-ah.” Chaeyoung started. She carefully examined Tzuyu’s features.

 

“Morning.” Tzuyu replied as she fixed her hair using her hand.

 

Chaeyoung placed a caring hand on Tzuyu’s forearm with a concerned look on her face, “Are you okay? You look tired and you’re almost late.”

 

“Yeah I’m fine. I just overslept.” Tzuyu simply replied.

 

“I thought you slept early last night cause you didn’t answer my messages.”

 

“I did, but I woke up past midnight and I couldn’t sleep again until dawn.” Tzuyu half lied. It wasn’t in her nature to lie but she didn’t know what to say and she was tired and all to even think of a proper excuse.

 

 

30 minutes before lunchtime…

 

“Tzuyu,” Chaeyoung whispered as she bumped her leg against Tzuyu’s leg under the table. “Tzuyu wake up.”

 

Tzuyu was dozing off to sleep and Chaeyoung had been trying to keep her awake since 2 hours ago. She was glad they were seated at the back so the teacher didn’t notice them or so they thought.

 

There was a knock knock on the door and the teacher stopped talking to check who it was.

 

“Myoui Mina.” The teacher tilted her head slightly on the side in surprise as she raised an eyebrow to her former student. 

----------

The students on the front row who caught a glimpse of Mina started whispering excitedly to one another, while Tzuyu suddenly perked up upon hearing Mina’s name and so did Chaeyoung. They looked at each other. Chaeyoung’s face showed excitedness while Tzuyu’s face showed anxiousness.

----------

“Nice to see you, Mrs. Sato.” Mina greeted with a toothy smile.

 

“What is it so important that you had to disturb my ongoing class, Mina-san?” Mrs. Sato sternly said.

 

“Aww.. Why so grumpy Sensei? Aren’t you happy to see your favorite student?” Mina said pouting, which seemed to soften the teacher’s façade as she tried to suppress a smile. Mina was Mrs. Sato’s favorite student when she was in sophomore level: first was because they were both Japanese; second was because Mina was a really smart and active student, earning her the title of beauty and brain. 

 

Mrs. Sato reached out and gave Mina’s head a gentle pat. “What do you need?” She asked, sounding softer this time.

 

Mina grinned like a little kid as she brought her hand up revealing a brown paper bag, “I need to give this to one of your students.”

 

“Mina! That can’t wait until lunch time?” Mrs. Sato’s face and tone became stern again.

 

Mina shook her head cutely with puppy eyes mode on, “Cannot.”

 

The teacher didn’t want to drag the conversation anymore longer as she knew how Mina could be stubborn sometimes to get what she wants, so she just sighed and said, “Fine. Be quick.”

---------

“Son Chaeyoung.”

 

Mrs. Sato called out while walking back inside.

 

Chaeyoung instantly stood up from her sit, “Ye-yes ma’am?”

 

“Your friend wants to speak with you.”

 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu exchanged glances before the former quickly went out of the classroom to meet Mina.

 

“Mina unnie?”

 

“Hi Chaeng Chaeng!” Mina greeted happily which made the younger blushed furiously. Mina took noticed of it but decided not to say anything.

 

“Hi...” Chaeyoung shyly replied with a tight lip smile, “Do you need anything?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter