VIII. Agent of Demise

Deadly Elegance

"Brunette not silver"~Wendy murmured to herself, getting into position, as the sun just started to rise. She focused her attention on the gun that she was holding, a self-loading Longbow T-76. It was a high-velocity weapon, more deadly than any other weapon she might have chosen. But the gun had two huge advantages. It was light weighing only 6 kilograms. And it was very compact. By removing just two screws she had been able to separate the barrel and the trigger mechanism from the stock. The stock itself folded in two. She had been able to carry the whole thing accross Busan in an ordinary sports bag. She loved the feel of the gun in her hands, the snug fit, the perfect balance. She had had it customized to become the perfect killing weapon. Wendy threw off her red jacket and lay down next to an air-conditioning unit, it gave her the best cover. Man made buildings always make the best camouflage, the best camo gear didn't come close. It could easily be picked apart by powerful binoculars with a keen eye. She moved into the prone position, looking through her scope. She sqaured her eye against the scope, adjusting the crosshairs against the window through which the girl would pass. Nothing. She flicked to her infrared. She saw Moonbyul and Solar through a wall; not being able to distinguish the heat signatures as they were moving around getting ready for their day. With infrared she could only tell the difference between a cow to a human to a chicken. But she couldn't tell who each heat signature was. She flicked to 10 times focus magnafication. If she assassinated the wrong person she would be in a heap of trouble with Taeyeon. She was only supposed to kill the girl not Moonbyul, Wendy thought to herself as a news helicopter whizzed over head. She aimed down the scope. She sees a girl with brunette hair walk into view. On the point of firing she forgot the ruddy great big silencer she forgot to attach - a rookie mistake. She was focused on getting the job done fast so she got sloppy. She checked the wind speed and the distance and adjusted accordingly. Then a thud as she turned the safety off and pulled the trigger thrice. 

 

Solar was putting on her favourite striped shirt as Moonbyul, next to her, was putting on a suit. 

"C'mon, Yong, lets try........"~Moonbyul said as she went silent. Thats when she heard it, the gunshots cracked into the air as loud as thunder but without the raw power of a storm. In comparison they were tinny and small, coming from one direction only. Even if they could have been mistaken for the cracks of an oncoming storm there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Moonbyul ran forth and tackled Solar to the ground. The shot bolted right through the glass window missing their intended target. Senses sharpened with adrenaline, Moonbyul held her breath, straining to hear with every ounce of her concentration. Not quite silent. Cool air whispered through the apartment’s ventilation system. Bullet holes riddled the adjacent wall. The bullet marks were along gash. It had followed along the surface leaving a scar in the paintwork. The water heater was the only object struck as ambient cracks pops in background. The refrigerator’s compressor hummed as it switched on inside the kitchen. Moonbyul's prickled skin relaxed. No threat here. Her ears strained for more sounds, more clues as to where the gunshot had originated. All she concentrated on now was protecting Solar. 

"What..... Was that"~Solar whimpered laying next to Moonbyul.

"Stay down baby."~Moonbyul said as she crawled over to her gun and making sure it was loaded. 

 

White knuckles from clenching her fist too hard, and gritted teeth from effort to remain silent, her hunched form exuded an animosity that was like acid - burning, slicing, potent. Wendy rested her head in her hands. 

"!"~she yelled as she pulled out her walkie talkie. 

"Velvet 1, you are clear to move in"~Wendy said over the walkie talkie while reloading her gun. 

 

"Solar crawl into the bathroom and lock it now!"~Moonbyul said pointing towards the bathroom. 

"But Moon...."~Solar said but was stopped as Moonbyul hurried over to her, caressing her face. 

"Please sweetie trust me"~Moonbyul whispered as Solar nodded, crawling to the bathroom.

Moonbyul got into a pouncing position as she aimed her gun at the door. She knew what was coming. If the sniper were to fail; a clean-up crew would be sent in to finish the job. Standard snake and charge tactic she herself has used. The door burst open as a girl in tactical gear walked in holding a gun. Moonbyul pulled the trigger only once putting a bullet in the girl's head dropping her. Moonbyul quickly wriggled over to the dead girl and grabbed her earpiece, putting it into her ear. "Velvet 1 are you clear.............. God D*mmit Velvet 2, 3 move in and watch each others back." 

Moonbyul heard over the earpiece and she knew who it was. 

"So Wendy only brought 3"~Moonbyul whispered under her breathe as she began to smirk. She crawled over to the door and hid in the hallway. Moonbyul hears a shuffle of footsteps around the staircase. Checking her watch, reloading her gun. Twisting into the path to shoot as they arrive. One girl appears first, as Moonbyul punts the gun out of her hand and fires her pistol twice into her midsection. As Moonbyul rolled out of the way she shoots the second intruder, a man, in the knees bringing him down right before shooting him once more in the head. 

"Velvet 2, Velvet 3, Report...."~Wendy asked through the intercom. Moonbyul clicked her earpiece as she reloaded her gun. 

"If you wanna kill me Wendy bear you're going to have to do it yourself, Stop Sending in your lackeys"~Moonbyul said over the microphone to Wendy's displeasure.

"......! You just have to make things complicated don't you Moony"~Wendy said as she began taking aim towards the apartment again. She took another shot randomly into the apartment as the bullet wizzed through the hallway wall right passed Moonbyul. She quickly picked up one of the girl's bullpup assault rifles and made her way to the staircase. The stairs had a glass window perfect for Moonbyul to set up. She went up broke the glass window and readied herself. She knew Wendy could be too far but not too close either. The bank building was way far off and the west apartments were too close, Wendy wouldn't put herself that close. She had to be on the adjacent apartment building but Moonbyul couldn't see her. She took aim at the building's roof and clicked her ear again. 

"Ooooh Wendy so close"~Moonbyul said taunting Wendy, bringing her blood to boil. 

"You B*tch!"~Wendy screamed over the earpiece cocking her rifle again. The anger filling her, she shot blindly twice at the apartment as Moonbyul saw Wendy's muzzle flash. The flash came from a nearby air-conditioning unit. She smiled as looked through the rifles scope. Breathing in slowly Moonbyul put her finger on the trigger. 

"Gotcha"~Moonbyul said as she took 4 short rifle bursts towards where she saw the flash. 12 shots cleaved through the air like planes on a mission. Wendy heard 11 shots riddle the air-conditioning unit as the final shot made its way into her shoulder. The impact of the shot rolled her sideways right into a nearby wall. The entry wound was small, the exit was a gaping mess. Where the bullet hit was a mess, as if she'd been hit with two different kinds of weapon at once. The blood flowed like a lazy river. It flowed like so much red gravy across her arm. There was the usual dark red hole that oozed thickly stainning her shirt. It flowed out of her body and hjt the floor. Wendy's face slowly grew angry while she felt panicked on the inside. The pain has an unpleasant warmth to it, eating at her stomach. There's nausea too, just enough to make her hold onto her arm tightly and breath slow. Wendy often prized herself in ignoring pain and just rocking on regardless, but that just isn't possible right now. It owns her, dominates every thought, controls every action.

"ing C*nt!!!!!!"~Wendy screamed, alerting Moonbyul that she hit her.

"Got her"~Moonbyul said as she dropped the rifle and ran back towards the apartment. She combed through the dead girl's body looking for something.

"Yongsun, come on hurry we don't have long"~Moonbyul said as Solar stepped out of the bathroom.

"Grab only the essentials"~Moonbyul said as she found a pair of car keys on the girl. Solar packed into a bag, her wallet, some clothes, and other items. Moonbyul waited for Solar to finish before grabbing her hand. They both run out of the apartment in a flash making it down to the parking lot. Moonbyul sees a black sedan with no license plate and knows thats their ride. The girls hop in the vehicle with their stuff. Moonbyul starts the car and drives off leaving 3 dead and an injured Wendy. As they make it past the inter-city Solar puts her hand on Moonbyul's shoulder. 

"Moon, what are you?"~Solar said with the rawness Moonbyul knew. Moonbyul took in a deep breath and sighed. She knew she had to tell Solar now. 

"Ok, Yong......... Well I'm an Assassin, an assassin for Seoul's Korean mafia"~Moonbyul said as Solar looked at her stunned by the revelation.

"OH ok......... Thats........ Neat"~Solar