XII. Facing Old Demons

Deadly Elegance

Authors Note: Thank you all so much for reading my story. I would of never thought I could reach 4000 views but here I am. I am grateful to you all. :)

Solar carefully rolled onto her side and looked at Moonbyul. Her features were much softer in sleep, the lines that usually creased her brow replaced by the youthful appearance that matched those of other regular girls she's met. Moonbyul looked peaceful. Solar, wanting nothing more than to curl up into the curve of her body, she turned around and pulled a blanket up over her shoulder. Solar's cuddles are the only antidote Moonbyul had to this situation. Without Solar, she was not herself anymore, before the ordeal, she felt like a broken shell of someone who could never love another person. So when they fell into the short abyss of slumber, Moonbyul wrapped her arms around Solar and never let go, always thinking of keeping her safe and warm. In return Solar never let go of Moonbyul, loving her, being with her, keeping her in her heart. If in all this cold universe there is only one person someone can truly love, it is enough. Solar is the spark to Moonbyul's flame, the one who keeps her burning when logic decries her light should have been extinguished long ago. That was Moonbyul's last thought as she drifted off to sleep. Two shirtless girls lay snoring, one letting air out simultaneous to the other breathing in. Moonbyul's heart thumped in accordance with slow, shallow breaths. A smile was plastered across her face as she slept. At peace, her consciousness swirled in the land of dreams, oblivious to the physical world. She dreamed of herself and Solar living together in a small house. Away from all the trouble and worries of their lives. She left Solar's side to go to wash her face. She ran the cool water through her hands as she splashed it onto her face. The bathroom was dark, dank even, and on the walls were three mirrors without frames. She approached to stare at her face but when her eyes rested on the glass she saw that it wasn't her regular reflection. It was her dressed up in a white suit covered in blood, smiling soft with a gentle expression. She screamed and went back to look again.

"I'm who you really are......" Her reflection slowly whispered and kept repeating.

"No..... stop.........it....."~Moonbyul said backing away slowly. 

"But Byulie.......You did it...." Her reflection said as it vanished. The room shifted and contorted as she stared around and she realized where she was. She was in the dark alley, she was now wearing the blood stained white suit. The stains had started to vanished like it was never there in the first place, like the whole thing had been a visual joke. She ran her hands over the fabric before holding it closely to see it was clean. There was no trace of red. A new ghostly figure the size of a child appears before her. She can feel the sweat drench her skin, the throbbing of her very own eyes, the ringing screams vibrating in her ears, and the thumping of her heart against her chest. Her fingers are curled into a fist, nails digging into her the palm of her hand. She can't hear her rapid breathing, but can feel the oxygen flooding in and out of her lungs. Hesitantly, her eyes look at the dead corpse before her, it was Amber. Fear tortures her guts, churning her stomach in tense cramps. Fear engulfs her conscience, knocking all other thoughts aside. Fear overwhelms her body, making it drastically exhausted. However, most of all, the fear is making her calm and that is what scares her the most. Moonbyul was cut off from thinking as she heard crying and turned around to see Solar.

"Please Moonbyul don't please!!"~Solar screamed as she shielded her face. 

"What do you....."~Moonbyul stopped as she realized that she was pointing a gun at Solar. She tried turning away but couldn't as her hand d cocked the reciever of her pistol. 

"No.....NO!!!"~Moonbyul screamed trying to move her body but it was no use as she was basically being taken for a ride. The brick walls of the alley started to shift and upon the walls written in stone were the words "fault" and "guilt."

"Moonbyul............ please......"~Solar pleaded one last time. Moonbyul was in tears and her body started trembling as her hand began slowly pulling the trigger. Through the swirl of sickening fears comes her mother's voice. "Be who you wanna be my little Moonstar", the phrase echoing in her mind washing away her feelings of regret and fear. She then remembers her time with Solar and all the love that they shared. She finally felt something she never thought she ever feel, peace. 

"I'm not a monster....... "~Moonbyul uttered and right before the trigger was pulled, she forced the gun towards her own chest before the crack of the gunshot went off. Moonbyul awakes without warning, eyes flung so wide each iris is a perfect orb of colour. She wakes up faster than a cat in ice-water, every sense urging her to breathe hard. A pressure to her chest makes Moonbyul jerk forward to see Solar's worried face. Solar was sitting on her and tapping her face. 

 "I had to wake you up because you were mumbling and thrashing."~Solar said as Moonbyul slowly woke up. 

"Sorry......bad dream"~Moonbyul mumbled while Solar got off of her. 

"You're all sweaty too"~Solar said rubbing Moonbyul's back. 

"I'm ok, where's LE"~Moonbyul asked

"You rang darlin?"~Le said entering the room

"Ok then, I'm going out for a bit if you need anything ask her"~Moonbyul said putting on her clothes

"Where you going?"~Solar asked getting closer to Moonbyul.

"Yeah where are ya goin?"~LE inquired

"To do something I should of done a long time ago."~Moonbyul said as she gave Solar a kiss. 

She got up and left leaving Solar alone with LE. As she pulled out onto the street she jumped into the car and rocketed off with such speed. Moonbyul first stopped by a flower shop and bought a bouquet of white roses. She then continued on her journey driving past downtown to her destination. She finally reached it and got out her car to look at the sign, Daeyeon District Cemetery. She walked past the heavy gates into the landscaped area to see rows of tombstones stood erect in silence to the left and right, in front and behind, like a sea of the dead. Some were crumbled with the weathering of centuries, some were smooth marble with new black writing and laid with floral tributes. Most though, were overgrown and unkempt, for now even their mourners had joined them under the clay soil. Moonbyul hadn't been here in over 10 years and yet she still remembers being here like it was yesterday. In the watery light of dawn the gravestone was as cold as the morning breeze. She counted the rows in her head and finally found it. To anyone else it was a slab of black granite and stood out amid the regimented rows of grey, only broken occasionally by white. Moonbyul bent down to read the gold lettering at eye level and lay the roses down, mum's favourites. She sat down next to it and began talking. 

"Hey mom, it's been awhile hasn't it? Well I just came here to get a load off my chest. I mean you'd never believe what I've done........"~Moonbyul said as she trailed off talking about her many adventures and such. 

She knew he was talking to bones, yet here was the only place she felt close enough to her mom to talk and have it mean something more than just thinking it. 

".........Yeah and thats about it."~Moonbyul finished as she started rubbing the gravestone slowly. 

"I don't blame you for anything.............. You were lost and didn't know what to do. You weren't weak, you just didn't know any better."~Moonbyul said as she got unto her knees and stared at the tombstone. She began to start tearing up as she started remembering her time with her mum. The world turned into a blur around her, and so did all the sounds. The taste. The smell. Everything was just gone. She paused trying to hold back the feelings rumbling inside her but she couldn’t. A lone tear traced down her cheek, and just like that, the floodgates opened. So many tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling downthe side of her face. Her chin trembled as if she was a small child again. She breathed heavier than she ever had before. She was gasping for air that simply wasn’t there. burned forming a silent scream. She grabbed onto the gravestone so that her violent shaking would not cause her to fall over and from her eyes came a thicker flow of tears. Is this what crying felt like? A part of herself dying inside yet, relief. She let go of the headstone and wiped her reddened face of tears. She slowly stood up and stared at the tombstone again. This time she began to smile. 

"You would of liked her mum, she's so sweet and beautiful. What I would give for you to meet Solar"~Moonbyul said as she finally walked away

She blew a kiss and said "sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite," and she was gone over the dewy grass back to her car. When she was sitting in her car she finally felt at ease, she finally didn't feel miserable. Just then her phone started going off and it was Solar's number. She picked it up and began speaking. 

"Heyo baby girl whatcha........."~Moonbyul froze at who's voice came back because it wasn't  Solar's.

"Baby girl? You flatter me Moony"~Wendy said as she started laughing.