II. Execution of Sins

Deadly Elegance

Moonbyul could remember the nights of her childhood. There were nights nothing could drown out the shouting and on those occasions her mind would fill with escape plans. When you're three years old and the most stable thing in your life is yourself, there was a problem. Some say that when parents fight, yell, hit and scream, it's like pulling out the foundations of your child, but it's more than that. It creeps into your psyche. "Is this all there is in the world? Fear with nothing to ward it off but a stuffed toy and a blanket to hide under?" There were times the trouble started and She was not safely out of the way but right out in the open, trying to look inconspicuous and hiding her eyes. Eye contact meant trouble, it meant getting the blame for something she hadn't done, or something as inconsequential as putting an item back in the wrong place. Even playing in her room and keeping quiet was no protection, toys in hand one moment and being shaken in the air the next at the end of a muscular arm. It does something to a little girl - growing up knowing how fragile peace is, that it can be taken at the whim of some person filled with anger. In a way she matured beyond her parents very early, neither of them owned their behaviour and she saw how destructive that was. They felt entitled to their rages instead of managing it, and entitled to the love of a child who was born to them. She did love her mother, she adored her, but her father terrified her, she despised him with every fiber of her being for what he did to her mum. He didn't just shake her foundations, but caused her to hate, resent. She still hears her mother's screams. "AAAAAH" Rang in Moonbyul's mind as she jolted up in her bed. Her room was like a wonderland for recluse and secrecy. The walls were a deep red that pulsed in the light, sprinkled with knives and pictures of people she had killed. Doubtful she could remember half of the names of the people she had killed. Her comforter was pulled over her bed, even though she hadn't cleaned it. Bottles upon bottles of whiskey and rum lay around her. The result was lumps of varying sizes and shapes and the comforter was weighed down by the some bottles. A desk sat in one corner, littered with wadded up pieces of paper. A few shelves were pushed against the walls and filled with books. Some books sat on the floor in front of the shelves. Moonbyul hoisted herself outta bed and went for a shower. The shower turns on at the press of a button, the perfect pressure and temperature. She stepped into the refreshing wall of water and welcomed the pebbles of cool liquid caressing her skin. Water always made her feel peaceful. She envisioned the water extinguishing the inflamed emotions she felt, dissolving them but she always had reminders of these feelings. She felt around her battle hardened body as she rubbed the many scars she earned from the years as a gun for hire. The scar under her left was always so tender to the touch as she moaned when she felt it. Through the shower she hears a door open, her suspicion grows as she quickly hops out of the shower, wrapping a towel around herself, leaving the water on. Moonbyul reached under her sink cabinet to pull out a loaded handgun. She hides to the left of the door and slowly her gun as she waits for the bathhroom door to open. It creaks open as Moonbyul quickly kicks it slamming it with a CRASH. As an audible thud is heard from the other side. She quickly opens the door and points her gun at the intruder. A woman in a black leotard, wearing fishnet stocking all the way up her thighs. She had a smirk painted on the side of her face as Moonbyul gave a hearty sigh. She was Anh Hyejin, an assassin specializing in knives, more importantly her nosy friend.

"Hwasa........."~Moonbyul uttered as she lowered her gun.

"Wow always paranoid huh Moony?"~Hwasa said as she heaved herself up. 

"Don't sneak into my apartment like that, and how the hell did you get in?"~Moonbyul said as she went to put her gun back. 

"Like how I always do it, with my key"~Hwasa said as she dangled a pair of keys in front of Moonbyul.

"You made a key?!? To my apartment?!"~Moonbyul said as she looked furiously at Hwasa.

"Well I gotta check up on you and all this junk you got....."~Hwasa said squeezing Moonbyul's buttocks, as she pushed her away. 

"Ha Ha, get dressed, Boss gave a red order"~Hwasa said as she left the room. A red order was a mission where their boss personally selected two of them for an emergency mission. 

"Whats the hit?"~Moonbyul said as she got dressed. 

"It's Yoona, she's trying to flee"~Hwasa said as she sharpened her favourite knife. 

About an hour later the girls found themselves downtown headed for the financial district. Moonbyul and Hwasa sat in the back of a limo as they began catching up with each other.

"So how's Wheein?"~Moonbyul said as she polished her pistol. 

"She's good, my girl is so effing cute today"~Hwasa said putting a cigar in , lighting it as she pulled out her phone to show Moonbyul a picture of Wheein. She looked so delicate, so beautiful, Moonbyul always envied Hwasa for finding a girl like that. 

"She still work at 'Idolz' "~Moonbyul said looking at Hwasa for her reaction. Idolz was the premier strip club in Seoul, Wheein had been the headliner for 2 years. She'd always tell Hwasa she was done with that business but she always seemed to go back. Moonbyul knew better, but she felt sorry for her in that way. 

"Well..........she said she'd quit soon"~Hwasa said blowing a big puff of smoke. As they were about to continue both of their phones rang simultaneously with "PINK HOT, PINK HOT". They knew what was coming, taking out both the phones and putting them on speaker. 

"Hey Hani"~Moonbyul and Hwasa said in unison. 

"Hey gals, well Yoona tried selling us out, she hired 7 mercenaries to protect her, PMC, all of them appear to be Japanese."~Hani said over the speaker

"Thats it? Anything useful Hani?"~Hwasa said pulling out her butterfly knife and performing a "zen revolver". 

"Well thats all I got for you, catch you girls after, remember catch her ALIVE Hwasa"~Hani said as the phones hung up. The limo began to slow as both girls stared at each other.

"Lets begin"~Hwasa said as they got out of the limousine. The girls strutted towards the banking building offices, where Yoona was attempting to withdraw her funds to make a hasty escape out of Korea. She had 5 mercs posted downstairs and 6 guarding her upstairs. As Moonbyul walked through the front door as 2 of the mercenaries stared at her. 

"Tell Yoon........"~One merc attempted to say but was immediately stopped as a knife found its way into his throat. Before Moonbyul could pull out her gun, Hwasa sprinted forth, flicking out her wrist mounted knifes and started slicing the man's shins, bringing him to his knees. She them stabbed him in the back of the head.

"2 for me, regular betting rules"~Hwasa said turning towards Moonbyul and cleaning her blades of blood. 

"Ok"~Moonbyul said as she points her gun at Hwasa making her duck as she shoots twice, placing the bullets in their heads, killing the two men coming from behind Hwasa.

"2 for me too"~Moonbyul said helping Hwasa up. 

Yoona hears the commotion and looks towards her bodyguards. 

"Go check it out I need 10 more minutes"~Yoona said waving them off. The remaining three mercs stood at the base of the elevator and aimed their guns at it as it began to bing. The second the door opened all three men opened fire, riddling the entire elevator with bullets. As the dust settled the elevator is revealed to be empty. A bullet goes through 2 of guard's heads as Hwasa runs from the side stabbing the last one. 

"We used the stairs"~Hwasa said as Moonbyul emerged from the side doorway. The knife met a bit resistance but flew through the vest to meet squishy flesh, and made a satisfying woosh as the tip of the blade sank deep enough to make her victim scream. Hwasa twisted the blade in her hands, all the while sinking it deeper and deeper. His skin was tearing to shreds as the knife rotated, the sound of the muscles and nerves being gouged growing louder. Then, without warning, she jerked it all the way into him, until the shiny metal had disappeared inside him and the handle was pushing against his broken skin. Hwasa always liked the scream of a dying person it brought her a somewhat euphoric ecstasy. The merc sank to his knees, continuing to scream, convulsing and trembling like a rabid animal and thick blood flowing freely from the gaping hole in his back. The cascade of the man's life source gushed out in all directions, scarlet liquid squirting up all over Hwasa. She turned away as the plead for mercy became quieter, the sweet tang of blood tingling in her nostrils. Her coat was stained with blood and gashed in several places.

"Well I guess you win, drinks on me after"~Hwasa said cleaning herself up. 

"Lets get her"~Moonbyul said putting away her gun. 

"Whats going on over there"~Yoona yelled as she continued typing away on the computer. She was stopped as a knife delicately brought up to her neck. 

"Making a withdrawl cutey?"~Hwasa said as she began choking her out. Yoona struggled as she tried clawing at her captor. Darkness began consuming her vision as the lack of air gave her a pained expression. She was finally unconscious as Hwasa began ziptying her up. 

"Hey Hwasa, I think I'm done....."~Moonbyul said putting her hands in her pockets. 

"What do you mean you're done?"~Hwasa said as she picked Yoona up. 

"With this, I dont want this life anymore, I want out"~Moonbyul said staring at Hwasa.

"Well then, you gotta talk to Jessica"~Hwasa said as she flashed a giggle.