XIII. No Turning Back

Deadly Elegance

She bolted down the garden path of the cemetery like an Olympic champion at the start of a race, pistol clutched tightly in her sweaty hand. She quickened her pace to an all out sprint as as she got to the car. She sped off back to the apartments as fast as she possibly could drive. As she reached the building she noticed 3 black SUVs parked in front with 2 of Taeyeon's female guards standing next to them with rifles. She rammed her car directly into the the nearest SUV, plowing it into one of the guards. Moonbyul immediately shot the front window twice before leaping forth tackling the second guard to ground. Moonbyul struck her across the face knocking her out right before shooting the other guard who was getting back up. She had no other thought in her mind besides protecting Solar, she reloaded her gun and rushed into the building. The loud noise of her steps resonated around the vandalized walls of the building with a clanging echo. As she burst into the main room before the secret entrance Moonbyul's adrenaline kicked it into high gear. Time to her slowed as she began to raised her gun to closest target in front of her. She pulled the trigger once killing the assailant and turned her attention to the 2 others guards in the room. Her lighting reflexes steadily aimed and shot the next target as she rolled to the side to get behind cover. The last guard opened fire in Moonbyul's general direction. The wall she hid behind started getting riddled with holes as she kept moving. From where the bullets were coming from she realized where the guard stood. Moonbyul quickly took three shots, penatrating through the wall and hit the guard's thigh making him reel in pain. Moonbyul quickly ran back into room and dropkicked the guard's shins, grabbing his rifle and taking aim before killing him. She slowly walked through the LE's secret tunnel before reaching the door, which was completely blown open now. Moonbyul sprinted into the room and aimed the rifle at Wendy before hesitating at what she saw. Wendy had Solar bound and was using her as a human shield.

"Nuh Ah Ah, Moony"~Wendy said as place the the barrel of her revolver against Solar's head.

"Your girls are real pretty, let's try and keep it that way"~Wendy said pointing to the other side of the room where a guard had LE tied to a chair with a gun pointed at her head as well.

"DROP YOUR GUNS"~Moonbyul demanded as she switched between aiming at both targets.

"Oh you're in no position to make any order Moony, now drop your guns or Imma have to paint these walls red using your girls"~Wendy said as she motions for the guard to his gun. Moonbyul looks at Solar's face and she was in tears. Looking over at LE, she sees that they roughed her up pretty bad. LE had a black eye with a few scars upon her face. LE breathed heavily from her position and Moonbyul grimaced at her only choice. She gave a hearty sigh as she disassembled her rifle, and threw it on the ground. 

"That's a good girl, your pistol too"~Wendy said as she pulled Solar closer to herself and thumbed the hammer on the revolver. Moonbyul begrudgingly pulled out her pistol placed it on the ground and kicked it over to Wendy.

"Good good"~Wendy said as more guards flooded the room. Wendy handed Solar's phone to one of the guards, handed Solar over to another one of them and walked over to Moonbyul. 

"Moony Moony Moony........"~Wendy said as she removed her black over coat, dropping it on the floor. Showing her arm which was now bandaged and bloodied. 

"You member this?"~Wendy said flexing her arm at Moonbyul, no response. 

"Well it wasn't that hard finding you cause you know, you took my car......."~Wendy said as she clubbed Moonbyul across the face with the handle of her revolver, Solar screamed begging Wendy to stop. 

"Please don't hurt her please!!!!!!"~Solar yelled thrashing about in the grip of her captor.

"Oh no girl, I've barely begun"~Wendy said as she turned her attention back towards Moonbyul.

Sharp pain lanced through Moonbyul's head and colorful spots flashed in front of her eyes. She was stunned for a moment as she tasted blood in . Moonbyul stood straight up and spit out the blood, staring Wendy directly in the face.

"Well I know you don't hurt too much but let's try something interesting"~Wendy said handing off her revolver to one of the guards.

"You and me are gonna fight one on one"~Wendy said as she cracked her knuckles. Moonbyul put her fists up as Wendy then pointed at Solar.

"Every time you hit me one of my guards will hit Solar the same way"~Wendy said as Moonbyul's face went blank.

"And If you try anything funny he'll shoot her"~Wendy gestured towards the tied up and beaten LE. Wendy sprinted at Moonbyul swinging. She dodged Wendy's fist and tried to retaliate but saw the guard manhandling Solar. Moonbyul hesitantly stopped and took a punch to face instead. Right before she could do anything Wendy kicked her across her chest, knocking her to the ground. Moonbyul knew the kind of pain coming and her muscles tense as much as they can. The knowing doesn't soften any of the blows. In that frozen second between stand off and fighting Moonbyul sees Wendy's eyes flick from Solar back to her. Their faces are unreadable, no fear, no invitational smirk. Moonbyul was banking on Wendy making a mistake, but she was too concentrated on trying to keep Solar and LE safe.

"Taeyeon, Jessica, Chaelin, We're all in the same boat Moonbyul, just with different names. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils."~Wendy said as she circled the winded Moonbyul. Wendy threw her body weight behind the next fist that edged closer to Moonbyul's face, it hit her jaw with such force blood pooled into . Pain erupted from the point of impact. With her own two hands Wendy grasped Moonbyul's head in her hands and brought her knee cap up to her nose, there was a blunt crack as she released the silver haired woman. Crimson leaked from both her nostrils. Moonbyul, filled with adrenaline again, drew her fist back and ploughed into Wendy's stomach, it was like hitting a train head on. Her guts smashed together, blood vessels bursting. Moonbyul repaid again by punching Wendy in her jaw, her fist collided with all her body weight. The guard holding Solar punched her in the stomach and struck her across the face, making her cry out in pain.

"SOLAR!!!!!"~Moonbyul screamed as she stopped her assault to see Wendy stand back up and tackled her to the ground. Wendy made quick work as she knew Moonbyul wouldn't attack her anymore. Moonbyul's eyes roamed the room till she looked at LE and noticed her motioning towards the left wall to what looked like a fire alarm. She then knew what LE was insinuating, Wendy kicked Moonbyul in the gut forcing her to roll to her side. 

"Ok Wendy, I'm giving you one last chance to walk away"~Moonbyul said as she stood with one knee on the ground.

"You're threatening me?"~Wendy said as she began to laugh uncontrollably before kicking Moonbyul again. A sudden gush of pain jolted throughout Moonbyul's body. Her stomach ached, her arms lost tension and her legs began to weaken. "She will not get the better of me," Moonbyul thought to herself as she dropped to the ground. Her tongue was soaked in the taste of blood. Bruised and winded, with a leg in agony, she grabbed Wendy's foot and pulled her to the ground. Her head was pounding. Moonbyul brought her fist to Wendy's face as hard as she could, snapping her nose into a bloody mess. Before any of the guards had time to react, Moonbyul rolled over to the fire alarm and pulled it down. The room blared a loud alarm before there was an enormous explosion. It was as though a fist of orange flame had decided to punch it's way out of the main complex. Windows shattered. Smoke and fire rushed fast knocking everyone down and collapsed the ceiling on most of the guards. Thousands of pieces of glass and steel, a deadly rainfall, showered down. Alarms - shrill and deafening- erupted. For Moonbyul the blast didn't just deafen her, it shuddered right through her as if trying to rip out her heart. The light from the explosion burned for a full five seconds. It was so blinding that even closing her eyes made no difference. Whoever was left alive was on the floor stunned from the explosion. Moonbyul quickly collected herself and jumped for her pistol beginning to shoot the remaining guards. Wendy grabbed Solar and started running away screaming at her guards. 

"Kill her!!!!!!!!!"~Wendy said disappearing with Solar and a few guards behind a cloud of smoke. Only 2 guards remained as Moonbyul blind fired towards them, one of the bullets propelled towards its target, speeding in the smokey darkness. It hit the man in the chest, propelling him backward in an awkward cartwheel. Moonbyul jumped out of cover taking aim at the last guard and pulled the trigger but only an empty click was heard, she was out of ammo. The guard took aim and shot at her once before getting shot himself by someone else. Moonbyul looked behind her to see LE holding a pistol. She smiled at LE for a moment. Her celebration was cut short as she realized what happened. LE dropped her gun before grabbing her midsection, blood slowly pooling in her hand. 

"Well wont cha look at that"~LE said as she began to stumble backwards

She ran over to LE as she fell backwards. Moonbyul reached out to catch her falling. LE stayed very still as her wound began to flow more blood.

"No no no no....... hold on LE"~Moonbyul said as she tried applying pressure to where LE was shot. Blood kept pouring from the wound as LE began coughing. The blood didn't gush in a constant flow, but in time with the beating of LE's heart. At first it came thick and strong, flowing through her and Moonbyul's fingers as they clasped the ripped flesh. She felt the blood move over her hand, the thick fluid no warmer or cooler than her own skin. After a few moments more the blood was still leaving her rapidly paling flesh, but the pulses were slower, weaker.

Moonbyul looked around for anything to help but LE grabbed her by the collar of her shirt.

"Hey...... don't worry.......just please.......tell Hani ........I love her...... take what....... you need and save Solar."~LE said through a mouth of crimson liquid.

"Don't do this, you can't give up now"~Moonbyul said on the verge of tears cradling LE as she slowly got colder and colder.

"Darlin......... I never give up....... I just......go with the flow"~LE said as she began convulsing in pain. 

"LE!!!!!! LE!!!!!!!!!!!!"~Moonbyul yelled as LE's breathing slowed more and more.

"So............ this is........ what dying......... feels like....... it's more....... peaceful than I imagined"~LE said as she closed her eyes. Knowing she helped Moonbyul she could die happily now. Death came to her with the slow rattling gasps that had taken many of her targets. Her breathing would stop for a time only to re-emerge like a drowning victim coming up for one last breath. But in a few moments she had passed on, her earthly tether separated. Her fragile, heart beat one last time as her hand went limp. 

"LE c'mon........"~Moonbyul said trying to hoist her up but to no avail. Moonbyul then put LE down slowly and watched her breathing completely stop, LE was dead. Death wasn't kind. Moonbyul knew that. It snatched where it could, taking people who were far too young, far too good. It didn't pretend to care, it didn't pretend to distinguish. She had seen many people die in her life but seeing LE die in that instant broke her. In her intense silence she somehow screamed with her whole body. Her eyes wide with horror, rigid and open, her chalky face gaunt and immobile, her fists clenched with blanched knuckles and the nails digging deeply into the palms of her hand. She slowly rubbed LE's face while shedding a tear. Today she didn't just lose anyone, she lost a friend.