I Need U

Young Forever
Please log in to read the full chapter

Tiffany seemed stunned upon learning that Taehyung has already left. Thoughts crashed in her mind one by one. Without saying goodbye? Why leave? Where is he now?

"He said he had to go to his parents because you're finally safe here. If it makes you feel better, I asked him to stay but he declined. By the way, he left something for you. It's on the table. I think he's a great guy. I thought you would even date him. I'd have no problem at all. It would be him who would have the problem with me because of the threatening and stuff but—" he looked around and realized that he had been talking to himself.

Tiffany ran out of the house. She doesn't remember the way to the bus station because she was busy with her thoughts so she had to ask around where it was.

Upon reaching the bus station, she saw Taehyung about board the bus.

With all of the remaining energy she has left, she screamed his name out loud.

"Yah Kim Taehyung! You're leaving?! Just like that?!"

Tiffany cried her eyes out. She didn't even care about the people staring at her.

"No no, please don't cry." Taehyung walked towards her. He instantly felt guilty for leaving but he thought it was better for everyone if he left.

"Then don't leave." Tiffany said as she held him tightly.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded as she pulled him out of the station.

"Taehyung?" She uttered when she suddenly stopped walking.

"Yes?"

"Am I being selfish? Are you only staying because I said so?"

"Honestly... I wanted to stay—"

He has yet to finish his sentence when he suddenly found Tiffany's lips in his.

Surprised as he was, he froze for a second and then began to kiss her back.

"No this isn't right." He stopped immediately.

Tiffany looked worried. When Taehyung said that this as in them is not right, a lot of thoughts crashed her mind.

Seeing her confused face, Taehyung reminded her about Jimin.

"I know I may have confessed my feelings to you back at the motel but Jimin's my best friend and you guys are together. Trust me if I had no conscience at all, I would have kissed you back when you stopped me from leaving."

Tiffany continued to look puzzled.

"Don't worry. I still won't leave you but we could only be friends, okay?" Taehyung offered her a handshake.

"Friends?" Tiffany looked disappointed especially when he reached her hand and shook it to seal the deal.

"There. Friends." He said as he let go of her hand. "Now don't go surprising me again with kisses. You might have certain feelings for me but I think you should control yourself." He winked at her and then proceeded to walk back to the house.

Upon entering the door, Tiffany's father welcomed the two of them and said that the food was ready.

"Taehyung..."

"Yes Fany?"

Tiffany then began to tell Taehyung what happened earlier.

Before taking a bath, she used her father's burner phone to call Jimin's house.

Jimin asked how they are. He was glad that she's now safe with her father. As they talked, he suddenly confessed that he knows everything. Taehyung's feelings and hers. He told her that when he asked Taehyung to save her, he had already accepted the possibility of them getting together. He just wants his friends to be happy. He also told her that it might be best if they don't talk for a while so that they wouldn't be traced and also, so that he could finally start to move on.

"You thought I was going kiss you while I was still with Jimin?! Unbelievable." She shook her head in disappointment.

"Let's eat, friend." She winked at him before walking to the dining room to join her father.

Taehyung's jaw dropped. He can't believe what was happening.

"Taehyung, take a seat and join us." said Tiffany's father.

"Yeah friend, join us."

Tiffany was glad to finally be with her father but the recent events accidentally turned gauche.

After eating, Tiffany's father told the two to rest since they must've been tired from all the traveling that they did.

"Wow dad! You cooked for us and now you can do the dishes too?" She was amazed at her fathers sudden domestic skills.

"Oh this is nothing. I learned all of this when I was in the army." He said proudly. "How about you Taehyung, how do you plan to serve our country? I don't suppose you are one of those who prefer public service?"

"No sir, I personally think that active duty is the way to go."

"Good thinking! If I may suggest, it's better to get married before serving."

Taehyung coughed upon hearing the word 'married' while Tiffany almost spat the water that he was drinking.

"Married, sir?" Taehyung nervously laughed.

"Well yeah, based on experience, times can be tough. Good thing I had Tiffany's mother with me. She always visited me when she got the chance." Tiffany's father smiled. "By the way, I haven't introduced myself properly to you yet. My name is Hwang Jungmin. No need to be very formal. You can address me as, jang-in?*"
*(Jang-in or 장인 means father-in-law)

"Dad!! Why would he call you that?" Tiffany blushed.

"I'm just kidding... my daughter I think you need to rest, your face looks really flushed."

"Thanks for the food." Tiffany immediately stood up and locked herself in her room.

Jungmin and Taehyung were left alone so Tiffany's father took the opportunity to express his gratitude. He also apologized deeply for threatening him.

"If you noticed, this area is really silent compared to others. The truth is that our neighbors here are not really ordinary citizens. I've paid them to be lookouts if there are any suspicious men approaching. We've also set up CCTVs just in case something unexpected happens."

"If I may ask, it seems that you are more than capable of taking care of your daughter. Why did you ask me instead? I mean I'm not complaining but I was just wondering." Taehyung asked Jungmin.

"Tiffany doesn't trust people easily. It's both her positive and negative trait. I wasn't always around as she grew up. She was always alone and that made her distant to people. The good thing was, she developed a good skill of observing people. She knows when to trust someone and when not to. When one of my people saw you take care of her that time she was alone at the bus stop, I knew then that I could trust you and I was right."

Jungmin then asked Taehyung if he could have one more favor.

"Thanks again for all the things you did for my daughter and for coming back here but, would you mind if you stay for some more time? At least until all of this clears up. Having Tiffany hidden here means I could now go out there and expose my wife for who she really is without the fear of losing my daughter. I know I'm asking for too much but I would be at ease knowing she has you."

Taehyung immediately agreed. He said that he would do anything for Tiffany. Jungmin smiled and pulled him for a hug.

From afar, Tiffany smiled at the two men hugging it out. She knew that she's lucky to have them to protect her.

-

"Taehyung wake uppp... It's lunch time!" Tiffany shook Taehyung's arm but he didn't wake up.

"Yah! I let you sleep throughout breakfast because I know you are really tired but this is too much. Too much sleep is bad for you. Wake uppp!" She kept on tugging his arm but it was no use.

"I'm bored!!! I have no one to talk to... Fine, be that way, I'll just call Jimin instead." Tiffany let go of his arm and stood up but then she felt Taehyung pulling her into the bed with him.

Still with his eyes closed, he hugged her while he continued to sleep.

"Yah, you can't do this! We're just friends right?! We shook on it."

"Why not?! I do this to all my friends."

"Huh?! To all your friends?? Who are the other girls that you're hugging? Tell me their names!!!" Tiffany's eyebrow raised as she asked him while she tried to get out of his embrace.

"I'm just kidding!" Taehyung regretted making he

Please log in to read the full chapter