No. 17

Bleeding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She opened her eyes to a badly positioned seatbelt. It was roped around one of her arms, its material digging into the side of her face painfully as she cautiously pulled her head up. She groaned, her neck stiff as she shuffled around in the car. She glanced at the side view mirror and grimaced at the red imprint left on her face. She touched it carefully and winced at the groove left on her cheek.

“It’s not that bad”

She jumped, momentarily startled by Sehun’s voice. Unused to have it be the first thing she heard in the morning. She looked to her left to find him sitting there, window rolled down, sunglasses obscuring his eyes and only then did she realize that the car was moving.  It took her more than a few seconds to look past the grin on his lips to even try to figure out what on earth was happening. She straightened in her seat, only barely remembering falling asleep last night..

Mina rubbed the sleep from her eyes, “Where are we going?” She asked.

“We are getting away”

“Getting away?”

“Yup” Sehun said simply.

Mina frowned as she turned in her seat and glanced at the backseat. There were three bags sitting there. Her eyes flickered to Sehun before she reached back and pulled one of the bags closer. She opened it enough to take a look at the clothes filling it.

“Are we on the run?” She asked in confusion.

He took a moment to think about it, “Maybe? I called in, told them I was taking some personal time. I told them we were going on a vacation”

Mina sighed, “I’m very confused right now, it’s too early for this. All I remember is falling asleep last night” She said as she grabbed her phone. She tried turning it on, frowning when it refused to turn on.

“Did you unplug my phone from the charger?”

“Sorry, my phone was dying and I needed to make arrangements to take the day off” He explained calmly.

Mina frowned, “Yeah, but my phone is still dead” She said reaching for the charger.

“You don’t need it” Sehun assured her, taking the phone from her hands and sliding it in the pocket on the driver’s side door.

She rolled her eyes, “Turn around”

“No”

“You can’t just take us off on a trip. You have to work!”

“There’s nothing they can’t handle without me. You said you didn’t want to go in that house, I’m solving our problem”

“I didn’t mean we had to leave the city. You’re not solving anything”

“I know, I just… wanted to do something for you, for once” He said quietly, “I uh… packed two bags for you, I didn’t know what you’d want to I brought a bit of everything”

Mina stared at him. He was taking them on vacation of all things. The corner of her lips twitched at the ridiculousness of it all. She sat back in her seat and stared straight ahead, her mind considering their options.

“So… a vacation?”

“Yup”

“To do what exactly?”

He glanced at her, the sunglasses hiding the look of concern in his eyes, “Be different”

Mina fell silent, unable to tear her eyes away from him. Things were not this easy to run away from.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

“Sir, when you called to book the room we explicitly stated that we could place you on a waitlist should any rooms open up last minute” The woman explained, Sehun sighed.

“I said I would be willing to pay well above room price and I was told that ‘something would be arranged’”  He said, annoyed.

Mina stood besides him, their three bags right behind her as she watched the exchange trying to keep the smile from her face. Every single time Sehun had to book something for work she was the one who begrudgingly called his assistant to make sure the booking had been completed because as was evident, Oh Sehun rarely planned ahead. Or if he tried, he almost always missed the mark. So really, it wasn’t her fault the smug smile on her face had taken a permanent place there, and only widened when he finally gave up and turned to her with a defeated and embarrassed look on his face.

She hoisted one of the bags up, “Alright, time to go home” She declared, walking for the door.

He caught up with her, the other bags in his arms as they went back to their car.

“They had said—“ He began and she shook her head.

“I know it’s tough to believe, but you can’t always bribe your way in and have things your way. If you had woken me up and not just driven out to the middle of nowhere for no reason, we wouldn't be wondering about this now would we?” She asked, throwing the bag in the car and waiting until he did the same.

The barely noticeable pout on his lips made her smile as she settled into the car and he did the same. She watched him as he reluctantly pulled out of the parking and placed the car back on the road.

“Ah… I should fill up the tank”

Mina peered over the steering wheel, “It’s filled over half, we won’t need that much”

“Better safe than sorry” Sehun replied as he pulled the car over to the upcoming gas station, “I’ll go get us some water while we’re here” He said, quickly hopping out of the car before she had a chance to protest.

Mina unbuckled her seatbelt and stepped out of the car. The gas station was empty. She stretched out, the sun just barely making over the horizon, shining brightly. She glanced back in the car and grinned as she went to the driver’s side and pulled her phone out. Inconsiderate was what he had been when he had unplugged her phone and let it die again while she slept. What was the reason for that anyways? To annoy her? She pocketed the phone after fruitlessly trying to turn it on once again and headed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter