007

The Art of Truth and Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

007

Niger et albus.

[/CONTENTID1] [CONTENTID2]

I frowned, tapping my pencil lightly on the surface of the desk as I impatiently waited for the bell to ring. The previous few nights had put me in a bad mood, and all I wanted to do was go home and be able to sleep.

Peacefully.

Unfortunately, that was not the case, as our teacher, Mr. Park decided to give us a project in which we had to write some sort of poem with a partner. We had to spend time with them in order to "make friends" and figure out their deepest, innermost parts. Then, we needed to use that to write a poem. He wanted us to test our abilities in fluid writing.

I had two issues with that.

Firstly, I was tired, and really not in the mood for conversing with another human being.

Secondly, I wanted to keep the deep, dark parts of myself hidden. I felt vulnerable, exposed when he announced this project.

Luckily, I was paired up with Jungkook, who still piqued my curiosity. Although I still wasn't too keen on letting him know about me, I really wanted to see the gears which made his brain turn. Each day, he made sure to do something that would make him stand out. By societal standards, he wasn't standing out in a good way.

In the past week, Jungkook had managed to reject the whole clique of gossips. Tiffany's failure had only been the start of their downfall from untouched stardom.

Additionally, he had cooly stopped a bully from continuing his onslaught of insults of a small first-year student, Umji, without even blinking an eye.

Somehow, this had made him more popular than any of the other fakes at this school. People found him to be mysterious, good-looking, and bad-boy esque. I'm unsure of why they pinned those labels on him, however, when they could've summed everything up with one simple word.

Soothsayer.

That was an old-English word which I had been able to find after countless hours of research in my conquest to figure out what to make of Jungkook. Although it was usually used to describe those who had a clear vision of the future, its literal translation is "one who speaks the truth".

In my opinion, that described him perfectly.

Lately, he had been trying to converse with me more than he normally did. I wondered if he found me as interesting as I found him.

Considering that I noticed him watching me the other day, I wouldn't be too surprised.

A voice interrupted my thoughts, pulling me out of my stupor.

Speak of the devil.

The one who I had been thinking about, Jungkook, had cleared his throat behind me. This prompted me to spin around, opening my mouth slightly in surprise.

"Hey, Taehyung!"

While waving my hand back in response, I frowned at the enthusiasm radiating from his voice, especially since it came from a person who I was not particularly close to. Yet.

"So, for the project, do you want to meet up today? I mean, we have to, seeing as it's due tomorrow."

I nodded.

"Do you want to come to my house? Or should we go to yours?"

In the notebook lying beside my arm, I scribbled out, 'Anything works. My house is completely empty, and it's fairly clean, so we can go there.'

"Alright! Well, the bell's going to ring in three, two–"

A piercing cry rang through my ears and I flinched, tensing before coming to my senses and realizing that the sound was just the announcement of the end of school. Not anything else.

"Well then, lead the way!"

I nodded, slinging my backpack over my shoulder and weaving through the crowds of the crowded school building. Every so often, I would look over my shoulder to see Jungkook following me. Through the crowd, I caught the gaze of Yoongi and waved, a small grin creeping to my face.

He waved back, tilting his head at the sight of Jungkook trailing closely behind me. I simply shrugged, as if to tell him that I would explain later before continuing in my quick trek home.

"Hey, Taehyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter