002

The Art of Truth and Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

002

Et difficile legitur.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

The rest of the day passed without much excitement.

Mr. Park's lecture was simple and easy to understand. At least, I found it to be fairly easy to understand.

About an hour before school ended, I noticed people beginning to hide behind their textbooks. Their eyes were fixed on small, glowing devices beneath the solid surfaces of their wooden desks.

I rolled my eyes slightly, turning back to Mr. Park, who appeared to be oblivious to the whole thing.

Although I'd have to admit that I was a bit curious as to what they were talking about, I was fairly sure they were all talking in our class's group chat, which I was a part of. So, I could always check later.

Unless, of course, they had another one with every other person besides me. It seems that I was somewhat of an outcast in this class, based on what Yoongi had told me.

Either way, I didn't really care.

Making sure that Mr. Park's back was still facing towards us, I turnend around to look at the new kid. He seemed to be watching the lecture with intense concentration, not sparing even a glance to those who looked his way. His hand zoomed across the page in a flurry, yet his notes remained neat and precise.

A teacher's pet? A try-hard? Oh gosh, no, is he going to be another Hakyeon? Hakyeon isn't really a bully, though... a hybrid between him and a bully, then? Yikes.

When he finally gave me an indication that I had been noticed, I quickly spun back around in my chair, my cheeks red with embarrassment.

Lowering my head so that my eyes were completely focused on my notes, I mentally groaned. I had been staring at Jungkook for such a long period of time that I missed nearly everything that Mr. Park said in the past ten minutes.

He probably thinks that I'm really creepy right now, plus I missed all of that... Ah well.

Mr. Park finally turned around. What he met was a sea of faces looking not at him, but everywhere else besides him.

I glanced up from my notes at him, almost chuckling at the dumbfounded expression on his face.

Did he seriously believe that everyone was actually listening to him? Despite the type of people in this class?

His face turning a bright shade of tomato red, he yelled, "All of you! Stay afterschool to clean this classroom. I will not tolerate this level of disrespect from the lot of you. Hakyeon... you can leave. I trust that you were listening to me. But all the rest of you!"

Okay, so you'll exempt Hakyeon from this, when he was the one paying the least amount of attention to you. Favoritism much?

I then heard a voice speaking up from the back of the classroom, Jungkook's voice.

"Teacher, that's a bit unfair. Why not punish everyone who was involved? And not those who had no relation to the incident? Hakyeon was the first to look down at his phone, I saw him. And I'm sure others could attest to it. I know that Taehyung wasn't staring at his phone, either. He's too much of a, well... never mind.

Shutting my eyes, I barely resisted the urge to bang my head repeatedly against the desk as my cheeks began to flush again.

No no no, so embarrassing... and unnecessary.

Others in the class burst out laughing despite the situation, eyeing me with odd expressions on their faces as they chuckled.

"Be quiet, all of you!" Hakyeon hissed through his teeth, shooting Jungkook a glare.

"Jeon Jungkook, did you just talk back to me?" Mr. Park stared at the younger, a nearly murderous glare on his face. It would've been comical if not for how serious he looked.

"I wasn't talking back. Just pointing out how what you did was unfair, exempting one of the perpetrators."

The way Mr. Park's face appeared reminded me of the cartoons where a person's face turned red and steam blew out of their ears. He looked as if he were about to explode.

"Do you have no respect for my authority?"

"Not when you seem to be abusing it...?" He tilted his head, challenging the teacher.

"Oooh..." Hyungsik, one of the main targets in our class, muttered. He stared at Jungkook with widened eyes, realizing that he was the first who had the courage to speak up to Mr. Park. Mr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter