009(I)

The Art of Truth and Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

009

♪ INTERLUDE ♪

Quomodo potes dicere?

[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

"Taehyung-ah, please stop bouncing around. You need to conserve your energy." My mother frowned, her eyes piercing daggers at the car's mirror.

I sighed, crossing my arms in annoyance. I was the one going to the competition, not her! So, I had a right to be excited, or so I thought. However, I knew better than to talk back to her–last time I did that, she nearly destroyed my hearing with her endless lecture.

"Fine, mom," I grumbled, glaring out the car window.

My mother's grip on the steering wheel tightened, her knuckles turning white from the lack of circulation.

"You know... I'm really proud of you for maing it this far. You just... have to not lose sight of your goals, and you'll definitely achieve them. Alright?"

"Yeah, yeah... you tell me this before every competition, mom."

"I know, it's just... I worry. You have to be so talented to succeed in this world... and you have that talent, you just don't... apply yourself."

Gritting my teeth, I said, "I practice for five hours every day. I apply myself plenty."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter