003(I)

The Art of Truth and Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

003

♪ INTERLUDE ♪

Sunt somnia mendacii.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

A boy stood in the middle of a stage, looking out at an audience filled to the brim. Their chants were melodic, and each of them had bright, shining faces that lit up the dark hall.

However, the boy was different.

His face was difficult to see, as it was mostly covered by shadows cast by the unnatural light.

After standing on the stage for awhile, he parted his lips and began his song, releasing a soft melody. His voice was deep and soulful, rich and full as though it were a silky chocolate ganache.

Yet, once he reached the middle of the song, everything stopped.

Silence replaced the bright sound.

Slowly, the members of the crowd began to disappear, fading off into broken butterflies which fluttered away from the area.

All but one.

The boy looked out, tears visible on his cheeks. He reached out his hand, trying to scream, yet the room remained devoid of sound. Sinking to his knees in despair, the boy buried his face in his hands, dropping the mic.

The last one in the audience looked at the boy, the corners of their lips curled up into a smile. Besides their lips, their face was simply a shadow. 

"I won't leave you," he whispered with a smile.

Yet, when the boy loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter