004

The Art of Truth and Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

004

Ego sum mendancium?[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

A few days had passed, and Jungkook still intrigued me.

Unfortunately, I had to wait two days until I could figure him out.

School had ended, so I would've normally gone straight home. Home was where I felt safe, especially now that my mom was off watching over my sister as she was in some month-long singing competition.

Essentially, she had just left me behind. Their only instructions she left were that I shouldn't tell anyone that I was left alone at home.

My mom told me that I shouldn't tell anyone so that I could be kept safe.

That was a lie. If she had cared enough about me to worry about my safety, she wouldn't have left to begin with. She especially wouldn't have left me to go to my sister's singing competition. If she had thought hard enough about the whole ordeal, she might've been a bit concerned about the danger I could pose to myself.

But she didn't.

Unfortunately? Fortunately?

I didn't know. I didn't care, either.

Anyways, I couldn't go to my safe haven right away. Instead, Yoongi decided that we should go to a cafe together to work on our homework. Though, since it was Yoongi who suggested that we do so, I assumed it would be more of a "go to place and eat food while accomplishing nothing" outing.

It was unfortunate that Yoongi chose a cafe as our destination, though.

Cafes were filled with fake, sappy couples who had passionate makeout sessions in public while whispering sweet nothings to each other. It was annoying to hear, especially when it was obvious that they weren't even in love. I wondered if some people even liked each other, or if they were just using the other person to seem more popular. That seemed to be the case with Chanyeol and Wendy, at least.

Sadly, once Yoongi flashed his bright, gummy smile, I could hardly refuse. He even told me that he'd pay for my food, which really pushed me over the edge.

Yoongi, sometimes, could be so stubborn.

I didn't really mind, though. It was just one of his interesting quirks that made him unique. He seemed less like a lying product of society, and more like an actual person.

After all, Yoongi wasn't one to lie to me.

I trusted him to the fullest, after allowing him to drag me around like this. I followed him around blindly, almost like a lost puppy.

I trusted him, because he gave me a reason to trust.

Before I became too deeply immersed in my thoughts, Yoongi tapped me on the shoulder, declaring that he wanted a donut and a mocha with one of those cute milk foam designs on it.

He said he wanted the milk foam to say "swag."

Smiling, I giggled silently, before quickly growing self-conscious. Even though we weren't at the cafe yet, we were walking in broad daylight, and frankly, my laugh was weird. Luckily, nobody noticed–they were too busy with their own lives to care about a random passerby on the street.

Yoongi gave me a strange look and I furrowed my eyebrows, concerned that he was going to judge my laugh.

It's finally the day where he reveals his true colors, isn't it? I knew he couldn't be as perfect as he seemed, I knew that he had to be lying to me at some point...

Chuckling softly, Yoongi crossed his arms and finally said after about a minute, "Your face was red as a tomato. Were you embarrassed by your laugh, or something? I think you have a nice laugh."

Gosh, how does he always manage to read me so well?

I puffed out my cheeks, inadvertently making a cute expression in order to keep another laugh from slipping through my lips.

He simply grinned.

"Cute."

Oh, no.

Upon finally arriving at the cafe, Yoongi's demeanor changed drastically. He all but squealed, "The cakes look so good! Oh gosh, Tae, we have to-"

Tae? Since when did I have a nickname?

"-share one of those crepe cakes! Ooh, or maybe an apple tart? Wait... the strawb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter