001

The Art of Truth and Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

001
Ubique iacet.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

I sat at a small wooden desk, mindlessly drumming my fingers on its smooth surface. People in my classroom talked mindlessly amongst themselves, filling the room with a low buzz of sound. Their conversations were commonplace, yet they clearly illustrated the cookie-cutter personalities of this school.

"Haha, did you see Mira's new boyfriend? Oh my gosh...–"

The gossips. Of course they'd be the ones discussing all the wonderful happenings at this school.

"Hey, let me borrow your homeowrk, you–"

Bullies. Delinquants. They were usually rich, always avoiding the trouble they got themselves into by bribing the teachers.

"No, please stop! I don't want to..."

Weaklings. The prey of the bullies.

"Guys, the teachers are coming soon! I don't want to get in trouble... sit down–"

'Goody goodies'. Ones who pretended to be kind, but talked behind your back. They're the -ups, the ones that teachers adore to no end.

I rolled my eyes at the sound of their anxious voices. An annoyed expression flashed across my face. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a girl-probably a gossip-giving me a funny look. She seemed confused. I guess I would be too, had someone been staring at random people.

Though, when she noticed me watching, the girl batted her eyelashes, flashing me a smile and looking away.

"Guys!" The class president, Hakyeon, yelled frantically, "The teacher is going to walk in. In like... 2 seconds. Sit down!"

I smirked at those who were scrambling to their seats as the teacher was walking through the door. Their teacher was fairly strict, and gave punishments out easily. He was known for being cruel when upset.

Mr. Park walked up to the front, narrowing his eyes as he scanned the room. Many of the students nearly dove into their chairs, and he hated how disruptive it was. His gaze landed on me, my haughty expression drawing his attention. Clearing his throat, he began to speak.

"Kim Taehyung, it seems that you have taken part in this troublemaking. Care to give me a hint on what happened?"

I bit my lip nervously, quickly curling up the corners of my lips again to form another smile.

Fully knowing that the teacher would not be able to understand me, I began to use sign language. 'Well, you see,' I signed, 'People were doing what they usually do. Bullying, gossiping, up, the usual. You see, again, this happens whenever you're not around. I doubt you would've stopped it though. Hakyeon tried to warn them when you walked in. They weren't fast enough though, being the blockheads they were."

"Ah. Taehyung, your antics never fail to amuse me. The rest of you, remember to keep your wits about you and act like the honors students that you are, or should be." Mr. Park paused, scratching his chin for a moment, before looking down at his desk calendar.

"Also, we have a transfer student coming in later today. His name is Jeon Jungkook, please be... welcoming to him."

I huffed, glancing around at the faces around me. The gossips mused amongst themselves, debating whether or not 'Jungkook' would be cute. The bullies seemed to be wondering whether he'd be an easy target, while the weaklings seemed to be praying that he would replace them. Then, I turned my attention to the person who had just raised their hand. It was Hakyeon, as usual.

"Yes, Hakyeon-ah?" Mr. Park said, a small smile beginning to form. He seemed to have a soft spot for Hakyeon. It made sense, being that he was the top scoring student of the class and a -up. What he didn't know, however, was that Hakeyon had started the rumors about his unsightly drinking habits that nearly got him fired the year before.

Hakyeon was exactly the type of person that I hated. The kind of person would look you in the eyes and smile, but try to ruin you as soon as your head was turned. His pretty face only amplified that, with many becoming oblivious to his acti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter