005

The Art of Truth and Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

005

Tempus vulnera sananda mendacium.

[/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]

"Jungkook~"

I looked over my shoulder at the scene which the whole class was focused on.

A few days had passed since the panic incident, and, as I could clearly see, the class had almost immediately moved on from it. It seemed that, based on what Yoongi said, they didn't care enough about me to continue with their backtalk. 

Which was a bit sad, really.

At this particular moment, Tiffany Hwang, one of the gossips of the class, had her arms wrapped around Jungkook's shoulders in a backhug. She was notorious for bouncing around from boyfriend to boyfriend with little to no care. Yet, even with that reputation, nobody was able to turn her down-for anything-due to her appearance.

Last year, Tiffany was voted the second-prettiest girl at the school. She vowed to be voted the first this year.

Jungkook's expression was hard to explain. One eyebrow was arched in a confused manner, yet the smirk on his face gave him a knowing look.

"Jungkookie... Don't ignore me!"

I gagged internally at her cutesy act, which didn't appear to be having any effect on Jungkook. Rather, he continued to confuse me with his odd facial expression.

Tiffany's eyebrows furrowed. I figured that she wasn't used to being ignored by anyone at this school. However, this seemed to make her more determined to gain his attention, even by desparate measures.

"Jeon Jungkook! Are you really going to ignore me like this?"

She stuck out her lip in a pout, causing me to gag again.

Gross. Mr. Park, come quickly... This is painful to watch.

Cooly, Jungkook turned around. Their faces were barely inches apart, and he smiled.

I groaned internally, wondering if this would go the way I expected.

Then again, it was Jungkook.

"Hmm? Oh, you were calling me?"

Her face turned red due to embarrassment, a feeling I knew all too well.

"Y-yeah," she stuttered, before regaining the cool, composed voice she normally spoke in. The voice much unline the cringe-worthy voice she was using earlier. "You see, Jeon Jungkook, I just wanted to ask if you'd be my boyfriend. At least, go on a date with me."

"Oooh," the class hummed in unison. I stayed silent, however.

Not that I had a choice.

He raised his eyebrow even higher at her question, and gave her a winning smile.

"I..."

Her eyes sparkled in anticipation for his response.

"...am sorry, but I'll have to turn you down."

Shock settled in her face, evident by her widened eyes and slightly parted lips. Internally, I giggled at this. Watching Hwang Tiffany face rejection was amusing.

"What? But... but..."

"I'm just not interested. And you... you're not my type."

"Not your type? But... everyone always says I'm their type," she said, dejection resting in her eyes.

"Yeah. Unfortunately, for the week I've been here, I've seen you with five different guys. Four of which I saw you making out in a hallway with."

"W-what? That's not true!"

Murmurs of agreement flooded the classroom, as people began recounting the times that they'd seen the girl kissing others.

"Mmhm, I think it is. See, if you had just accepted my rejection, we wouldn't be having this conversation. You could've continued your facade as a ditzy girl who just, I don't know, tripped, and happened to land her lips against another. At least once a day. Am I right?"

Harsh.

"No, you're not! Guys," she wailed, facing the rest of the class, "That's not true, is it? You don't think any of that, do you?"

I turned my head away from her, cracking my neck in the process. She was just so unbelievably irritating.

"No, of course not!" Sanghyuk piped up. "We don't think that at all, Jungkook must've just misunderstood everything!"

"Yeah," she whimpered with a sorrowful tone.

What a drama queen.

"I'd just like to let you know that I think you're quite beautiful, so don't worry a thing about what anyone says, alright, Tiffy~?"

"Alright, thank you Sanghyukkie..."

Seriously, if Sanghyuk wants to punch me because I'm overdramatic, what would he want to do to her? Kill her? What a two-faced person.

"Guys, Mr. Park's coming!" Hakyeon shouted, prompting the class to all run back to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter