Chapter 16: Redamancy

Figure Me Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[a/n: warning: slight talk]

 

Chapter 16: Redamancy

redamancy: (n.) a love returned in full

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Seungcheol...”

 

 

Slowly and hesitantly, Jihoon awoke to the streaks of sunlight trickling through the blinds, letting hazel eyes see the sun’s dazzling morning light. His eyelids flutter, blink, close and snap wide open once again. Sinking into the warmth of the soft sheets and covers; it was a start of another typical day. He would go out, pour himself a hot cup of coffee, and eat breakfast. Except there was a man atop of him, unmoving, and almost lifeless. Oh yeah, he just lost his ity, not much of an achievement but definitely something to be happy about since this man took it. “Wake up, it’s almost noon.”

 

 

He rubbed his eyes with his knuckles before encircling Seungcheol’s neck with his arms. Jihoon let out a small smile, “Do I have to sweet-talk you?” When he tried shifting his legs, his unclothed body ached everywhere especially his lower half, just as he expected it to hurt. He groaned painfully as he attempted to wake Seungcheol up by poking his cheeks. “Seungcheol...”

 

 

Silence.

 

 

Jihoon urged out a tiny sigh, “J-Jagi...” He immediately stopped himself and cringed. Not really his forté.

 

 

Silence.

 

 

“Come on, wake up.” He almost wants to die but instead, he tried moving the man off of him as Seungcheol’s grip on his waist became more precise. Seungcheol nuzzled his nose in the crook of his neck and murmured, “Call me daddy then maybe I will...”

 

 

Jihoon rolled his eyes and raged, “Dude, just off, seriously.”

 

 

Seungcheol shook his head in protest and moaned out unintelligible whines. Jihoon muttered, “Look, I know you think you’re great and all but you’re really heavy and I need you to move away.”

 

 

Finally, after a few minutes of grumbles and nothingness, Seungcheol rolled on his back and shifted his whole body to the bedside. Jihoon, at last, breathed in accordance and sat up, stretching his arms above his head and yawned. He watched his legs dangle above the polyester carpet and observed Seungcheol. They had no plans for today but Jihoon doesn’t want his man dozing off lazily in the bed with no sign of productivity. “If you won’t wake up, I’ll pull out the no-access-in-my--forever card,” Jihoon threatened.

 

 

Seungcheol flipped his half-lidded eyes open and annoyingly narrowed his eyes, “You think I can’t handle that? I have your mouth.”

 

 

Jihoon gaped his mouth in utter disgust and huffed, “Fine, suit yourself. I wanted you to join me in the shower but I guess I’ll have to take it myself.”

 

 

Seungcheol leaped up immediately, “No, I’m up!”

 

 

Jihoon smirked, “Knew that would work.” Hurriedly, he got out of bed and to his demise, his weak legs swayed uncontrollably, making him stumble across to the other side of the cabinets as his head fell flat on the wall. As the numbing pain spread between his legs and all over his shivering body, his grip on the nightstand tightened. “Cheol...help me!”

 

 

Seungcheol, in his shirtless and sweatpants glory, took Jihoon in his arms and carried him bridal-style. “Be careful, you’re still sore. You shouldn’t surprise your body.”

 

 

Jihoon buried his face in his toned chest in efforts to conceal his embarrassment and flushed face. “I was misinformed.”

 

 

Seungcheol kicked the restroom door open, carefully placed Jihoon in the toilet seat and crouched. He grinned widely and looked up at Jihoon, “Sorry, game too strong.”

 

 

“Please stop, that really gagged me,” Jihoon voiced out as he push Seungcheol’s arm away but the man didn’t bulge. Instead, Seungcheol gently caught his wrist, leaned down and pressed light kisses in Jihoon’s knees to his inner thighs.

 

 

Seungcheol nosed the exposed skin, “I don’t mind waking up to this every day.”

 

 

Jihoon hummed in response, paying more attention to himself, restraining himself from being aroused or letting any sensual sounds escape his throat. “Shut up and start the water.”

 

 

“Yes, your highness.” Seungcheol extended a hand to his gaze as Jihoon took the polite offer to prevent himself from stumbling. They walked leisurely to the shower, stepped slowly into the tub as Seungcheol turned the water on, steam gradually filling the room. Jihoon felt a stab of pain between his legs every step they took while Seungcheol’s eyes are steadily focused on him. Seungcheol kicked off his pants as he entered the shower curtains and let the water drizzle down his bare skin.

 

 

“I can stand,” Jihoon reassured. When Seungcheol’s concerned gaze and his reluctance to let go combined, Jihoon softly smiled at how tender and loving he always treated him, especially at times like these where he knew he needed caring.

 

 

Jihoon flickered his eyes shut as the right temperature and pressure plunge into his skin, water cascading down his slender body. He opened his eyes and bathed his skin mildly, noticing the love-kissed bruises that scattered at the intimate places of his body, fingers massaging cramped muscles. He washed off the residual of their mess last night; feeling filthy yet very fulfilled. He observed his hickeys – every evidence that marked his first time. He glided his hands over his body – neck, chest, abdomen – but his movements stopped on one spot. His inner thighs. He has hickeys all over his inner thighs. A displeased growl flee his lips as he looked up at Seungcheol who was still examining his body. “Of all places, my thighs, really?”

 

 

Seungcheol woke up from his trance as he met his eyes. “Pearly white skin waiting to be marked? I couldn’t help myself.”

 

 

“I will strangle you.”

 

 

Seungcheol chuckled mockingly, “Can you even reach my neck?”

 

 

“Ah – you!” Jihoon feigned being offended and wrapped his fingers around Seungcheol’s neck as if to choke him but instead placed his hands on his nape. He closed the distance between them as he purred with eyes shut, “Seungcheol, thank you for last night.”

 

 

Seungcheol widened his smile pleasantly and rested his forehead on Jihoon’s, “Anything for you.” He grabbed Jihoon by his waist, leaning close to kiss him delicately. Slowly, he raised a hand and cupped his cheek as he pulled him deeper into the kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I can’t believe you guys had in my parents’ bed, they’re going to come back in two weeks,” Mingyu whined, closing the door of his parents’ room where the two stayed before plopping down on one of the litter-splattered sofas. Opened cans of beer and chips all over the floor; Mingyu was messier than Jihoon's old house, that’s safe to say. Was it boredom? Lack of action? Mingyu sounded lonely.

 

 

Seungcheol poured himself a cup of coffee and retorted, “Well, I warned you.”

 

 

“I’ve had enough of that smell,” Mingyu decried, straightly eyeing Seungcheol who wasn’t even looking at him. Jihoon couldn’t help but feel awkward when Mingyu clung an arm around him while whispering, “Was he good in bed?”

 

 

Jihoon subtly nodded before hearing Seungcheol come close to them, “Just change the sheets, man.”

 

 

Mingyu instantly removed his arm away when Seungcheol sat between them. “Already did but no one can erase the trace of two men ing.”

 

 

“It’s not as if it’s the first time two men ed here. Remember when you brought – was it Won...I don’t know, I don’t care.”

 

 

“You guys are so gross,” Jihoon blurted, shoving the popcorn in his mouth as they all watched pointless morning TV shows.

 

 

Mingyu lampooned, “As if you aren’t.”

 

 

Seungcheol asked for a high-five as he mocked, “At least Jihoon gets some action, Gyu. How about you? How many years has it been?”

 

 

“Hey, it’s only been five months!”

 

 

“You poor thing.”

 

 

Jihoon certainly wanted to intervene but he just let the other two get into their usual friendly argument about Mingyu’s nonexistent life. It made Jihoon desire to be elsewhere, not because he hated their company but because he also wanted to be with his friends. Casually talk about his life too. Just that, he doesn’t have the courage to ask Seungcheol decently. It’s either Jihoon will leave a note when he’s not looking or leave a message without personally reminding the other. He doesn’t have any clue on how to properly function in a relationship, no matter how bad that may sound. He can’t just say his common excuse, Sorry, it’s my first time.

 

 

Out of nowhere, someone outdoor rang the doorbell which made Jihoon’s thoughts flew. Ah, he’s here! Jihoon stood up with anticipation, only to find out that Seungcheol stood up too. Their eyes met, questions popping up in their mind.

 

 

Jihoon asked, “You have a visitor?”

 

 

“You too?”

 

 

And they both nodded, questioning looks gained from one another. Together, they sauntered towards the door, letting Seungcheol open it. As the door slowly gape, two figures stood on their doorstep when you least expect it. Hansol and Soonyoung; two unlikely duos.

 

 

“Good morning!” They greeted in unison.

 

 

Seungcheol glared suspiciously at Soonyoung and Jihoon froze bewildered at Hansol, before letting the two men in.

 

 

Mingyu emitted in between yawns, “Seungcheol, why didn’t you tell me there are visito – Soonyoung-ah! You’re in my house!”

 

 

“Yeah, well, let’s say my parents aren’t home so I can go anywhere,” He rejoiced before doing their complicated handshake and bro-hug.

 

 

As they exchanged greetings, Seungcheol turned around to Jihoon and leaned, whispering, “Did you call Soon?”

 

 

“Yeah...” Jihoon trailed off and pouted, “Why didn’t you tell me Hansol’s coming?”

 

 

Seungcheol poked his cheeks, “Hypocrite. Why didn’t you tell me Soon’s coming?”

 

 

They stared into each other’s eyes for a long moment before they finally looked away and slouched in frustration. Seungcheol explained, “Hansol called me last night; he said he'd come, I don’t know why either. And your reason for Soonyoung?”

 

 

“I told him to come over and...that’s it.”

 

 

“Wow,” Seungcheol sarcastically spoke. Their eyes met again as if they’re planning to talk about this further next time. Jihoon really didn’t know why; treating everything as if it’s a big deal. As if they’re insecure. Every person present in the room was looking at them awkwardly, perceiving the increasing tension.

 

 

They both sat down as Seungcheol reached for Jihoon’s waist and possessively pulled him close. Hansol and Mingyu sat on the other side of the sofa while the other three men sat at the opposite. Hansol and Soonyoung had a telepathic conversation, as if to encourage the other to break the ice. Soonyoung cleared his throat stiffly but Hansol cut him into it and started enthusiastically, “Congratulations, Jihoon! I noticed you had wobbly legs so I’m assuming you finally did it with my brother.”

 

 

Soonyoung widened his eyes and almost choked on nothing, expressing his surprise, “Woah! Really?”

 

 

Jihoon scrunched up his nose and raised a hand to cover half of his face in a disgraced manner. What a stupid topic to begin with. Soonyoung nearly squealed as he hooted, “Was Cheol’s cute?”

 

 

“Uh...”

 

 

Seungcheol shushed all of them and recoiled, “Lay off of us, please. We’re exhausted.”

 

 

Soonyoung ignored him and proceeded to cackle, “Since we’re talking about this, let’s bring up Cheol’s first time.”

 

 

“Oh, I love this story,” Hansol added, smirking mischievously.

 

 

Seungcheol’s eyes widened as he tried to deter them from speaking any further, “Shut the up guys, shut the up!”

 

 

Jihoon giggled and curiously raised a brow, “I’m listening.”

 

 

Seungcheol glowered, head placed on his palms, elbows rested on his thighs. Hansol stated, “To think that the famous god Seungcheol actually lost his ity to a girl who was far more experienced.”

 

 

Seungcheol rolled his eyes and scowled, “Give me a break, that was Junior High. I was stupid.”

 

 

“Junior High...our dark days, right, Cheol?” Soonyoung blathered as he violently patted his back repeatedly.

 

 

“Back off,” Seungcheol miffed, forcefully pushing Soonyoung away with a hand.

 

 

Mingyu rejoined, gaining their attention again, “Let me continue the story.”

 

 

Seungcheol gasped dramatically as if he was betrayed, “Gyu, you traitor!” Jihoon can’t help but stifle a laugh at how silly they are together. If Seungkwan and Seokmin were here, he can’t imagine how wilder this could be.

 

 

Hansol gave the floor to Mingyu as he playfully grinned, showing off his canines, “So as I was saying...Innocent Seungcheol here tried to finger the lady for five endless minutes and went limp for the rest of the night.”

 

 

Hansol emphasized, “He panicked because he couldn’t get it up. He even called me, saying it was an emergency, and I was 11 back then for Pete's sake. It was traumatizing and...nice.”

 

 

Seungcheol roughly yelled in exasperation, “I was nervous! Like most s are!” Jihoon can’t even find the right way to react because that’s exactly how he felt last night. But he didn’t regret it, nor it was considered an embarrassing first time.

 

 

Soonyoung derided, “Perhaps...you’re looking for something in her vag –“

 

 

“Kwon Soonyoung, shut up!”

 

 

As Seungcheol and Mingyu, somehow, got into a heated argument, Soonyoung averted their petty remarks and returned his attention back to Jihoon who was silently laughing at them. Even though Seungcheol was between them and he might get into trouble, Soonyoung leaned in to whisper, “How’s your first time?”

 

 

“Not bad.”

 

 

“I can tell,” Soonyoung extended his cheeky smirk and winked. Suddenly, Seungcheol caught Soonyoung’s shoulder to draw him away and grunted, “You think I can’t see you winking at Jihoon?” Seungcheol tightened his grasp as he turned at last to face Soonyoung, eyes narrowed and rigid. The unmoving gaze was followed by elongated bouts of deep breaths, burning eyes flashing anger.

 

 

Jihoon gulped anxiously as he indicated both Hansol and Mingyu to break those two apart from fighting. Because as it stays like this, the more they realize it isn’t a joke anymore. Hansol rolled his eyes when Mingyu pushed him to go on. He cleared his throat to get the rivals’ attention and clumsily began, “So, hey guys!”

 

 

The two tilted their heads together terrifyingly towards Hansol before Seungcheol let go of his grip, making them return to their proper postures. “What?”

 

 

Hansol tittered, “So, the reason I asked to be here isn’t to exploit Seungcheol’s scandals nor celebrate the loss of Jihoon’s ity, which is great by the way.”

 

 

Seungcheol slumped on the couch. “Spill it out.”

 

 

“Okay...uh. Seungcheol, our parents asked me to meet you personally so I can convince you to come home.”

 

 

“You did what?”

 

 

Hansol held his hands up, surrendering, “Before you react, they actually wanted to talk to the both of you maturely.”  

 

 

Seungcheol seethed in disbelief, “What’s there to talk about? My own father kicked me out!”

 

 

“I know you’re upset but I can’t go back home unless I have you guys with me.”

 

 

Seungcheol clicked his tongue and cursed under his breath, “...What’s wrong with them?”

 

 

“What’s not?”

 

 

Seungcheol turned his head and faced Jihoon, “Should we go?”

 

 

Jihoon nonchalantly yawned, acting as if he doesn’t care even though inside, a lot of doubts and dark thoughts are flooding in. “Y-You decide, they’re your parents. I’m okay with anything.”

 

 

“...” Seungcheol momentarily paused before going on, “We should come tomorrow night, I need to be mentally prepared.”

 

 

“Good. Because for the 44th time, just fix your life, Seungcheol...” Hansol nagged without the intention of stopping.

 

 

Jihoon discreetly prodded Soonyoung to come with him to the kitchen while Seungcheol’s still absorbed in his conversation with Hansol. With one last glance stolen from Seungcheol, they quietly closed the kitchen door behind them.

 

 

Jihoon inquired, “What happened back there?”

 

 

Soonyoung sharply exhaled before answering, “Your boy’s genuinely angry at me, I can see it. I just held our gaze because I have my dignity as a man. But truthfully, I was scared less.”

 

 

“Hm...I know. I’ve never seen him that angry. I wonder why he’s acting so weird lately,” Jihoon raised two fingers to his chin as if in deep thought.

 

 

“U-Uh...actua...”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter