Chapter 12: Finifugal

Figure Me Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 12: Finifugal

finifugal:(adj.) someone who hates endings 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Is this a K-Drama?” Jihoon asked himself and scorned. As he let the water flow and drip freely in his pale skin, he raised his fingers to gently reach his lips and trace the outline of its curve. IC17 shouldn’t have happened so he would not get into this mess, specifically, love. But he did...and unluckily, he’s still constantly falling into the pit without anyone on the other end to catch him. It’s not like he’s asking for someone anyways but it would slightly make things better. He gulped and let his eyes flutter shut at the feeling that crept in his chest area. He shouldn’t have fallen in love with Seungcheol, what a mistake. Now I’m starting to dream about him! Last night, he had a dream that Seungcheol kissed him. That Seungcheol seemingly confessed his love with held-back tears to him. Everything felt real that Jihoon almost thought it was. Just another unrealistic dream that will probably haunt him for a while. This is not a love story. But he can’t shrug off the moment when he woke up and saw Seungcheol sitting right beside his bed, awake and restless.

 

 

“Probably my mind playing tricks, like always.” He turned the shower handle off and dried himself. He dressed himself up in his usual clothes and closed the bathroom door behind him. He sauntered and peeked over a wall just to see if Seungcheol’s parents are already awake. Fortunately, they aren’t just yet. He could breathe with ease, even for a short amount of time.

 

 

Jihoon became curious when he heard how busy the servants sounded like in the kitchen and maybe he’d find where Seungcheol might be. With his mind flying off somewhere, he walked towards the room while his gaze remained fixed in his feet until he hit a concrete wall that made him halt – no, human flesh.

 

 

He hesitantly glanced up and almost stumbled backward but was caught by one hand. He pushed his savior away with so much force that the taller male could only laugh at being manhandled. Jihoon asked, “Where were you?” His eyes met dark ones and he could only cringe at what just happened. Jihoon doesn’t know if he dislikes it or something.

 

 

Seungcheol showed him his million-dollar grin that made Jihoon’s heart squelch so early in the morning, “You’ve been looking for me, baby?”

 

 

Jihoon grabbed him by the collar to adjust to his small height and loured, “Princess then now baby? I hate pet names.”         

 

 

Seungcheol chuckled and placed a finger on Jihoon’s chin to make him look up while speaking in a soft manner, “Come eat, I made you breakfast. I know it’s just cereal but it’s the only thing I can’t burn.” Jihoon gently pushed him aside as if to reject Seungcheol but the blush that seared through his cheeks gave him away. He rotated his head to avert Seungcheol’s gaze and tried to suppress a forming smile.

 

 

“I feel personally attacked,” Seungcheol asserted with a wide smirk.

 

 

Jihoon raised a brow and asked with a fake concern as he attempted to hide his rosy cheeks behind skinny fingers, “Why is that, Seungcheol?” Even with his mean self, he accepted the cereal and ate it cheerfully.

 

 

Seungcheol pinched his cheeks and smiled lovingly, “You’re so cute, I want to kiss you...are you aware of that?” Jihoon took time processing what he said and stomped down on his deepening crimson cheeks with a death glare.

 

 

“I’m a man. I hate being called cute because I’m not,” Jihoon rolled his eyes and shoved him off with a side-eye. He mumbled a quick thank you for the meal and sprinted towards the kitchen like a madman to escape Seungcheol’s upcoming flirtatious jokes and cheesy pet names.

 

 

He heard Seungcheol run after him but Jihoon immediately got lost in his favorite hangout place to ever care about his presence. His eyes roamed the crowded kitchen; the servants were occupied in cooking different elegant meals and it made him wonder why. He spotted a young maid who’s sweeping wasted ingredients from the floor and poked her, “Excuse me, what’s all the fuss about?”

 

 

She scowled and replied, “That person... I mean, Ms. Im Nayeon is coming.”

 

 

Jihoon’s stomach swirled but he chortled at her clumsiness, “Why will she come?” He could see how irritated the servant looked but definitely not to him because he heard her drop profanities about Nayeon.

 

 

She sighed in frustration, “Young master’s parents...I think you already know why.”

 

 

Jihoon nodded slowly as if he didn’t need to know more about the details. It’s more like he didn’t want to. To chase the toxic thoughts away from his mind, he insisted on offering help to the servants who were cooking which they gladly welcomed with open arms. Since he is skilled in cooking, he politely corrected and improved some of the recipes and flavors. He suggested alternatives and additional ingredients that he didn’t know his skills left the audience in awe. While he was waiting for the potatoes to be tender in the pan, he felt a burning gaze digging into his skin but he continued to ignore it. He completely forgot Seungcheol may still be standing there right in the doorframe, creepily observing his every movement.

 

 

Right when he’s about to turn around, strong arms wrapped around his waist forcefully that made his thröat urge out a sharp yelp. He yanked Seungcheol’s arms away with a smack and shrieked, “Why are you so obsessed with me?”

 

 

“Are you quoting Regina George from Mean Girls?”

 

 

Jihoon threw him a judging look, “You watched that? You got some major issues.”

 

 

“Hey, don’t judge, anyone can do what they love. Like how I can do you,” Seungcheol winked with a mischievous simper.

 

 

“Shut the up...” Jihoon jabbed his toned chest with a finger and raised a brow, “Anyway, so you can be useful for once in your life, why don’t you try and taste?” He pointed at the finished meals but when he realized what Seungcheol was doing, he rapidly veered around and smashed a piece of dough in the taller male’s face when the said guy attempted to lìck the exposed skin of his neck. He exclaimed while trying to fight him away, “Not me, Seungcheol! The food!”

 

 

Seungcheol’s grin extended when he nibbled Jihoon’s ear lobe and whispered, “Of course, princess. I’ll be right back.” In his defense, Jihoon instantly covered both his ears.

 

 

When Seungcheol indulged himself to the dishes, Jihoon can’t help but watch him fondly as he saw how the other’s puppy eyes sparkle in joy when he grabbed a spoonful of the dish and Jihoon had to let out a few giggles. If Nayeon is coming, Seungcheol needs a shower and a handful of decent clothing because currently, he looks like a mess, a hot one too.

 

 

Jihoon slightly jolted when he felt someone nudge his arm, making him lost his trail of thoughts. The similar, young maid he talked to before leaned in to whisper in his ear but loud enough for other servants nearby to hear, “Are you guys dating?”

 

 

It was evident in his face that he became flustered when he awkwardly tittered, “I-If we were, Nayeon wouldn’t come.” When he said that, he noticed she became unhappy. Did she want me to say yes?

 

 

A much older maid intervened in their conversation, appearing between them, “I can’t believe his parents never got tired of pestering him about marriage. Poor kid.”

 

 

What she said got his attention and so he asked, “May I ask how long, Ma'am?”

 

 

“Ever since he entered High School,” She answered, struggling to speak out properly due to her raspy voice.

 

 

That’s too young, much too early for someone like Seungcheol. Jihoon now understood why; if he was pressured to have such a big responsibility on his shoulders like that, he would’ve been in the same situation as Seungcheol. He can’t blame the man for acting rebellious and taking out anger on others.

 

 

“You should marry him. You guys are so compatible that it surprised us,” She winked.

 

 

He scratched the back of his head and looked around awkwardly, “We’re just friends and...both males.”

 

 

“Nothing wrong with a pinch of gay marriage. But, are you sure you’re just friends? I’ve known him since he was born; I don’t think he treats his friends like that,” She had a pityingly amused look plastered across her face.

 

 

“Yes we are... what do you mean, Ma'am?”

 

 

She wiggled her eyebrows in a teasing manner, “In his eyes, you’re like a delicate flower. He holds you so precious. I’ve never seen him like that with anyone, don’t you think it’s strange that you’re different?”

 

 

A delicate flower? He stifled a giggle and shifted his gaze towards the man they just talked about. “That sounds ridiculous.” It does but it made him so appreciative of it.

 

 

“Well, it may have just been my illusion since you said you’re just friends. Or you’re just too blind and dense to see... Whatever, as long as you make him happy.”

 

 

He smiled at her gracefully and batted his eyelashes out of habit, “Actually, he’s the one that makes me happy.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You are seriously hopeless, anyone in the world can tie,” Jihoon stated, tying Seungcheol’s necktie because the man can’t do it by himself. Simultaneously, he’s also fixing his whole look for his formal date with Nayeon.

 

 

“I can tie... if it means tying the knot with you,” Seungcheol chuckled. He says the most shameful things that it gives Jihoon second-hand embarrassment for hearing them. This is the man he fell in love with. Don’t know if that’s a bad thing or a good thing.

 

 

Jihoon revealed a disgusted look but still let out a soft giggle and purposely tightened the knot around the man to strangle him, “Sorry but marrying you is impossible.”

 

 

Seungcheol got caught in his reflection in the mirror and his face dropped, “Woah, I look...stupid.”

 

 

Jihoon joked being offended, “Shut up, I think you’re handsome. Nayeon would swoon, trust me.” He pushed Seungcheol’s hair back to give it a sophisticated look and realized that the taller male didn’t respond. When he chose to meet his eyes, that’s when he became aware of the close distance between their faces. He slightly backed away but Seungcheol followed him just to get nearer than he was before.

 

 

Jihoon awkwardly beamed and says in barely more than a whisper, “Good luck with her today. You’re amazing, I believe you’ll do great. Like you always do.” This might be the first time he ever showered Seungcheol with compliments but knowing that the man really suffered for years under his parents, it made him feel obligated to do so. Their eyes met again and strangely, they became deeply absorbed in each other’s existence. 

 

 

Seungcheol’s hands reached for Jihoon’s waist possessively and pressed their bodies closer, “I honestly don’t even want her. Why don’t you just marry me? I’ll spoil you, pour you wine, run away with you...What do you think?”

 

 

Jihoon rested his hands on Seungcheol’s broad shoulders and laughed, “That sounds like a dream.”

 

 

“It could be a reality if you’d let me.” Seungcheol nuzzled his nose in Jihoon’s neck and it causes the boy to shiver at how the contact gently skimmed his skin. The taller male started planting light pecks from his collarbone to the croon of his neck then his jaw, leaving a trail of sparks in their wake. Jihoon stood frozen, both from fear and confusion. He wanted to protest but his voice wavers into light groans and moans, exhilarated from the tension between them. Instead, he closed his eyes shut and waited for the worst or the best.

 

 

Seungcheol took one last glance at Jihoon’s face, admiring the sight that the boy gave him as he let his fingers touch his lips gently with the tip of his finger. It pouts slightly and Seungcheol had this urge to bite and kiss it until it appeared swollen. Rather, he leaned in until their foreheads rest against each other; he tilted his head until their lips brush past each other. Innocent, pure but impatient and teasing. “Jihoon,” Seungcheol mutters, voice low and husky, prolonging every letter as if to savor them. Jihoon wants to pull away be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter