Take my Breath Away, but Give My Heart Back when You're Done

We Got Married [Taemin Edition]

Taemin's POV

She furrowed her eyebrows, "You sure?"

I nodded, "This is a fake marriage, Noona. I think it would be better if she wore something sentimental, to remember, but not something that made things official."

"But there's no diamond!"

 

Minnie's POV

"Oppa, there doesn't need to be a diamond." I said as I caressed the white velvet box lined with red satin.

Yonghwa sighed, "Okay, whatever you say." I actually didn't want a real rock on his because this show made me very uneasy. There are many jealous fans out there, and starting a WGM season with the leader of a rookie band, to me, was a really bad idea. What if jealous fans didn't listen to our music soley because I was 'married' to SHINee's maknae?

I shuffled my feet and looked at the ground, "Mmph..."

"What's wrong?"

I looked over and flipped off the cameras, "I'm scared."

He looked at me, concerned, then relaxed his expression.

"Min-ah... there's nothing to worry about."

"What if Jungshin thinks of this too seriously? The fans too?"

He sighed, then came and sat next to me, "Jungshin-ah is a quiet guy. Expressionless at most; his face usually shows no emotion, and I can never tell what he's thinking. But I can tell you, he's gonna take this as seriously as the fans did with my marraige with SeoHyun-ah."

"How did he take it?"

"They didn't, neither did he."

"Huh?"

Yonghwa sighed, exasperated, "Look, he knows it's fake, don't worry. But I tell ya... I've never seen WGM go to this extreme. I heard you're picking out wedding dresses after Taemin proposes to you, and having a fake wedding the next day, with a photoshoot, ceremony..."

"The whole enchilada?"

"The 's an Enchilada?"

"Damnit you're hopeless..." I sighed as I turned the cameras back on and Yonghwa went back to his seat.

ANNYEONG NAE SARANG, SARANG SA-

"FT Island? My rival? Really?"

I rolled my eyes at Yonghwa, "Annyeong. Oh! Taemin-Oppa, what happened to your phone?"

 

Taemin's POV

"I kinda... destroyed it." I said as I panted.

"Holy ! Wait why do you sound out of breath?"

"I'm..." Pant. "Kinda..." Pant. "Running."

"Are you being chased? We can come pick you up!"

"I'm chasing you!" Suddenly, all the fans went AWWW and continued to gain on me.

"You're being chased by WGM fans, aren't you?"

"Precisely!"

"Where are you? Yonghwa and I are heading out the do-"

"No- NO! Stay!"

"Lee Taemin, we are going to pick you up goddamnit now where are you?!"

"Headed to the Three Pinks dorm," I managed to say. My breaths were running short.

"Throw your phone." She said in a serious tone.

"What?"

"Throw the phone and get your maknae over here!"  I didn't really know exactly what she meant at the time, but I did as she said, and threw the cell phone behind me. Suddenly, all the fans started chasing the cellular device, all desperate to get a chance to recieve a response from Minnie of Three Pinks.

I looked back, and found no one on my tail anymore. I took refuge in a back ally to regain my breath.

Thanks, Minnie. I owe you.

I leaned back against the brick wall of one of the buildings that made up the ally and took the small, white velvet box out of my pocket, opening it to examine the red satin lining and silver ring.

It wasn't much; more suitable as a promise ring than an engagement ring. There were no diamonds-- I didn't want to make her uncomfortable by making it seem all official.

The ring was a shiney silver band with a matte silver band running through the center and a half-heart shape running horizontally on the top. I assumed it was part of a pair of rings, considering that if you placed the other half side by side, it would be a full heart, but that's not the reason I picked it. This particular wedding band caught my eye because of the engraving on both the outside and inside.

 

Minnie's POV

I grabbed my guitar and sat next to Yonghwa after I heard hundreds of screaming fans on the other line. They wanted a show, so we decided to give them one.

"Love light?" I asked Yonghwa. He nodded.

We sang in a duet,

"When I look at you, my face gets red.
When I look at you, my heart thumps like mad.
I talk with shyness, like a kid...
When I look at you, all I can do is smile.
Like I fool, I stand there for a while..
I think love has found me."

"AAAAHH!"

"DAE-BAAAAAAKKK~"

"Oh ! Someone fainted!

"BAN-MIN-KI! JUNG-YONG-HWA! BAN-MIN-KI! JUNG-YONG-HWA!" They shouted. I couldn't help but smile. They were all so supportive and lively.

Maybe they actually liked this marriage idea?

"Alright everyone, we really love you! Shower and brush your teeth daily!" And Yonghwa pressed the end-call button on my phone. I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Shower and brush your teeth? Really?"

"Yeah!" He said, smiling. "I want Korea to be as clean as Singapore. I'm a very influential person, y'know." He picked up my smartphone, checked the time, then sort of tossed it on the table.

"Hey! It's touch-screen, dammit!" I yelled. He laughed at me.

"You have to change your number now. The fans will be all over your guitar-playing as-"

"Hey! No profanity!"

"Hey! Stop saying HEY!"

I whacked his shoulder, "Hey! I will say HEY if I want to, damnit!"

He tickled my ribs, "Hey! You said no profanity, DAMNIT!" I laughed, set my guitar down, and started punching him in the chest.

"You are a dork, sir."

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. I perked up and ran to answer it.

"Taemin!" I shouted, surprised as I swung the door nearly off its hinges and found an exhausted Taemin collapse and wheeze loudly at my feet. He was hyperventilating right in front of me.

"Oh my god- Yonghwa! Help me!" I yelled as I ran to To-Ri's room to grab her inhailer. I watched as Yonghwa carry him from the front door the couch. His breaths came in heaves as his body tried to retain its normal oxygen level, and I pushed Yonghwa out of the way and put the inhailer up to Taemin's lips, pressing the pressurized medicine down his throat. His eyes were closed, but he looked so disturbed.

"Shhh..." I said softly to calm him down, petting his thick hair with my palm. "Shh..." His breaths finally calmed down, and a few moments later, he went to sleep.

Yonghwa sighed, "Well, that was a... 'dramatic' entrance." I looked up at him and shook my head.

"Pabo. Please make yourself useful and get some blankets from my room."

"The robot unicorn ones?"

"Yes, goddamnit, the robot unicorn ones."

 

~Later That Night~

 

3am.

ANNYEONG NAE SARANG, SARANG SARANG! JALGAYO NAE SARANG, SARA-

"Annyeong....haseyo..." I said tiredly.

"Hey, I heard what happened. Gwen-chanayo? You okay?"

"Oh, Jong-Oppa. Taemin's fine... Why are you up so late?"

"I had a schedule with Jungshin up in Busan. We slept in the van so we're wide awake. By the way, I asked if you were alright, not your fiance. And your television is blasting."

I chuckled, "Sorry about the TV." I muted it. "There, better?"

"You still haven't answered my question."

"Oppa, I'm fine. Just tired. A bit chilly." It was near winter and the dorms, for some reason, had an overactive air conditioner.

"Taemin have your blankets?"

"Neh.." I chuckled, staring at the fuzzy pajama pants, kitten slippers and winter jacket that were partially containing my body heat.

"I'll be there in 5. You must be freezing. I'm not letting my little dongsaeng share blankets with her hubby yet, either!"

I smiled, "Arraso... Kamsahamnida, Oppa..."

Lee Jonghyun is another one of my best friends from CN Blue. I think if I didn't have a killer crush on Jungshin, and if Jonghyun didn't have a girlfriend, I would've gone for him a long time ago. He's good looking, smart, patient, sweet...

I can't say that I'm in love with him, but I can say that he's questioned my morals on why I was so into CN Blue's maknae.

KNOCK. KNOCK.

Wow. When he said five minutes, he wasn't kidding.

I chuckled, wrapped my jacket around me and opened the door, welcomed by a giant hug from the one and only, Lee Jonghyun.

"Oppa," I said, laughing a bit. "You're suffocating me."

"Omo!" He let go and replaced his body with heavy blankets in my arms.

I smiled, "Kamsahamnida..."

Jonghyun walked in, closing the door behind him, and looked at the crimson-haired maknae laying on my couch.

"So, it wasn't the expected proposal, huh?" He asked. I shook my head as we both sat on the floor next to Taemin.

"Not at all. He had me scared for a moment there. Other than that, he hasn't really 'proposed.'"

"I heard he's been running around all day, being chased by fans to get your ring and give it to you. Tiffany said that he passed out once when he reached her doorstep."

I cocked an eyebrow, "He was at Tiffany's?"

"Yeah," He said, nodding and looking at Taemin. "I don't know the full story. I think it'd be best if he told you."

"Mm..."

He looked over at me, "Have you seen the ring yet?"

"Nope," I said bluntly, and layed my head on the couch cushion Taemin layed on. "No clue what it looks like."

"Y'know, maybe you should start planning out your proposal to him, because I know you picked out a ring too."

"You really think so?"

He smiled, "Yeah! The fans would love it."

I bit my lip when he said 'fans,' and remembered my place in this show, along with all the cameras in the room.

"Oppa, I don't think the fans will like it if you're here. I don't want to get us in trouble."

He smiled sweetly at me. "Seems that none of this fame is getting to your head. You're still the same as you were before your debut song." Jonghyun said jokingly as he stood up. I chuckled and lead him to the door.

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

"You care more about others than yourself. It's... admirable."

I chuckled, "Well, thanks. You're quite admirable yourself, haha..."

"Goodnight, Minnie," He whispered as he hugged me tightly.

"Annyeonghee..." And with that, I closed the door, returning to my place on the floor next to the couch and wrapping myself in Jonghyun's blankets. I looked over at my peaceful, sleeping husband. He looked like a little child in his tranquil state.

I thought about Jonghyun's idea of planning out my proposal. Taemin ran all around Seoul looking for my ring, so I might as well make it up to him by giving him more than he expects.

I reached under the coffee table, taking out my green teddy bear notepad and pen, and setting the open ring case in front of me for inspiration.

Dear Taemin...


OMO! I updated in, what, less than a week?

I'm starting to get into the habit of writing regularly :) and I believe I've found a way where I can continue to write fics within my school schedule for this upcoming year.

But anyways...

So i finally added LEE JONGHYUN to the mix! He's been getting neglected, sowwi >< and this is LEE JONGHYUN OF CN BLUE not KIM JONGHYUN OF SHINEE...

 

COMMENT REPLIES:

@summerbaby: YES! I'm thai like Nichkhun <3 he's on a lot of ads here in Thailand, even at the doctors office xD 'oh, I'm so sick, Dr. Horvjekul' LOL but hes not my doctor T.T and its okay if you didn't comment at first, but i was like 'omo, i updated a while ago and summerbaby hasn't commented yet! waahhh' lol but im glad you comment regularly :) it makes me feel special and YUSH, I ISH ALIVE! and you ish berrie berrie smaahhtt xD
@xlovelytinkx: OMG IKR! I made onew a complete genius in this fic xD
@Shay_Heart: NEW READER WELCOME WELCOME!!! and thanks i think they're adorable too! i hope you keep reading this fic till the end ^^and yes i finally updated xD i was happy too! and heres another update for you!!! btw thanks for the comment about the rings :3 i thought it was cute too, if i do say so myself xD
@Michellesofjan: HOLYFUDGENUGGETS ANOTHER NEW READER!! :D welcomeee!!!
@anythingkpop: Herro there TaeminLuver xD and i'm not leaving forever :3 like i said I've found a way to write and do homework in a schedule-like manner ^^ hopefully i'm not wrong, but i will not give up asianfanfics!
@WickedThunder02: DOn't worry! It's not ending yet! :D and yes and in the end he ended up on Minnie's couch LOL
@akosimarga: lol ikr! I think Onew kinda reflects my personality so thats why i made him the way he is :P
@aileejjang: YAY ANOTHER NEW READER WELCOME WELCOME! ooh and you comment on every chappie O: I LOVE THAT!! and thank you im having a blast in thailand :3
@turnbaek: THIS. IS. KOREAAAAAAA xD
@Midnightb2st: LOL i took forever to write the line "I AM SPARTAECUS!"
@leedarane: I'm glad my fic made you laugh so hard! xD

REMEMBER, COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS REPLIED TO EVENTUALLY!

Comment. Subscribe.
Eat a fried tortilla and dip it in nutella :3

Please reccomend this fic to you taemint friends :3 don't be shy! i love new readers!
Also, im working on a Taemin vampire fic. If you would like to read it, click here!