The Search

We Got Married [Taemin Edition]

Your POV

“We Got Married? That variety show?” To-Shi asked. I nodded.

Yonghwa nudged me, “Read it out loud.” I sighed.

To Minnie,

            The We Got Married staff congratulates you on your upcoming marriage! But before a bride can get married, she needs a groom. For you to do so, we are sending you on a hunt to find your husband. The first hint you receive is with a person you are with right now. He’s the leader of his band, and you know him very well. Remind him that he is also your in your search to find your husband.

                                                Good Luck, and have a happy marriage!

                                                            ~WGM.”

I turned to Yonghwa and held up the palm of my hand, “Spill.” He looked at me, surprised.

“Yah! You just got the news that you’re engaged and you’re acting like it’s nothing.”

“I’m a very curious person, and I intend to find my husband as soon as possible! The anxiety is killing me.” He sighed at me. Honestly, my heart was beating at 100mph.

“Fine fine.” Yonghwa reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out a small note card. I read it aloud.

“His name begins with the same syllable as yours,
Though you may be short, he is quite tall.
His sneakers squeak all over the court floors,
And he raps as well as he can handle a ball.” The twins both leaned forward from the sofa they were sitting on in interest.

“Wah, such a mystery,” To-Ri cooed. I thought about this for a minute.

“I’m looking for a rapper with Min in his name.” The twins looked at each other and snickered for some reason.

“What?” I asked, smiling.

DIBIDIBIDIS! My name is MINHO!” They yelled. They were both hardcore Shawols, so of course, their first thought is Minho. I smiled, but shook my head.

“Nah, I don’t think so.”

“It makes sense!” Minhyuk argued. “Minho-Dongsaeng is really good in basketball. Soccer, too. Oh, and he reached over 180cm this year.”

“Chincha?” Damn, that’s tall. Over six feet.

“Neh!” I turned to Yonghwa.

“Is there a basket ball court here?”

“No, but I think I know where he is. Come on.”

“Good luck!” The twins said as Minhyuk, Yonghwa and I walked out the door with the camera man following us.

~

The camera didn’t follow us to the car, but Yonghwa’s car small cameras sitting on the dashboard.

“Waah, Min-Min, you’re getting married to someone who has almost the first name as you!” Minhyuk cooed. I chuckled.

“I don’t know him like that, though. I’ve never met him in person.”

“He’s a cool guy, don’t worry,” Yonghwa assured.

“Are you a Shawol, Min-ah?” Minhyuk asked. I shrugged.

Yonghwa looked at me from the rear-view mirror and laughed. “There’s nothing to shrug about.”

“I don’t know. I’ve always been a BOICE. Y’know, a fan of you guys.”

“You can’t just be a CN Blue fan, Min-ah! It makes you look hobo-ish with no life!” I laughed at Minhyuk.

“Fine, fine. I guess I’m a Shawol.”

“Who’s your favorite member?” Yonghwa asked as we pulled up into the parking lot of a building labeled SM Athletics Facility. I had to think about it as we walked up to the double doors because I’ve never met them personally. Even so, Yonghwa didn’t get an answer from me right then.

~

Not long after we walked in, we clearly heard the sounds of shoes squeaking and solo basketball.

“Yo! Dongsaeng!” Yonghwa shouted as he opened the door to the huge basketball court.

Minho stopped and smiled, “Hey, Hyungs!” He got closer and smirked, “…and future bride.”

Holy , this guy was a giant.

“Nice to meet you,” I said, bowing and smiling.

“She’s so short,” Minho cooed, ruffling his sweaty hand through my hair.

I laughed, pushing him away, “So… are you my husband?” I asked. He chuckled, wiping sweat off his forehead.

“No, you’re pretty, but I’m not your husband.” I blushed a bit as he pulled out a note from his gym shorts.

“Here.”

“As you walk on the small dirt roads,
you will always pass a bridge of stone.
Where kids play with frogs and toads,
and run and frolic in the summer sun.”
, this is a difficult one.

“What do you think it means?” Minhyuk asked. The other two guys shrugged.

“A bridge of stone, so it’s a river or a pond somewhere. And it mentions frogs and toads and kids playing…”

“Do you think you know where it is?” Yonghwa asked. I was hesitant, but nodded.

“Let’s get going, then.”

~

“So where is this place?” Yonghwa asked as he put the keys in the ignition.

“Koi Fish Park.”

Minhyuk smiled, “It makes sense now! It’s also a really romantic place at night time because there are all those lights everywhere.”

“I used to go there when I was little and there would be frogs everywhere during the day.”

“So that’s how you knew?”

“Yeah… HOLY CHICKEN COSTUME!” I yelled as we pulled up into the parking lot of the park.

“Wait, what?”

“Dude, it’s a guy in a chicken costume!” There was literally a guy in a giant chicken costume standing on the bridge and looking out over the water.

Oh , my husband’s a freak.

“If that’s Min-ah’s husband, I’m requesting she get out of the show,” Minhyuk said as we got out of the car. I walked up to the weird guy cautiously.

“A-annyeong…” I said casually and bowed. He bowed without saying anything.

“A-are you my…husband?” I asked. He shook his head and pulled another note behind his back. I sighed in relief.

“Oh thank god…” I heard Minhyuk say behind me. I laughed as I opened the paper and read it aloud.

“This is your last stop before you meet,
so without further adieu,
We present to you, your husband
On the riddle this one is stapled to.”
Sure enough, there was a riddle stapled to this one. Lame.

“During the summertime,
There will be many with Snow.
The place that shaves it
is where you will go.”

“Ice cream,” Minhyuk randomly said.

“Now’s not the time for thinking about food, pabo,” Yonghwa scolded.

“He’s literally talking about ice cream. It’s what the riddle says.”

“So, we go to the nearest ice cream place?”

“No,” the weird guy said. Holy , the chicken talks.

“What is it then?” I asked. It was kind of weird, y’know, talking to a chicken.

“It said ‘shaved.’ You don’t shave ice cream, you shave ice.”

“Shaved ice is a snow cone.”

“Exactly.”

Minhyuk pointed to the sky stupidly. “TO THE NEAREST SNOW CONE PLACE!”