The Proposal Part 1: Kimchi Soup

We Got Married [Taemin Edition]

Taemin's POV

I woke up in a daze, the sun shining from the outside forced my eyes open, but I quickly covered my face and buried my head in my plushy pillow and fuzzy blankets.

'So soft...' I thought. The fabric reminded me of my dog, Eve. So warm and fluffy...

'Wait, my blankets aren't fuzzy.'

I shot up, jerking my head from side to side and taking in my surroundings.

The fuzzy blanket was pink with robot unicorns printed on it, which (hopefully) meant it didn't belong to me or any of my hyungs.

The wall opposite from me had a giant landscape oriented canvas with a picture of Minnie in the middle and the twins on either side of her from their debut music video that had been released barely a month ago. The twins were shown full bodied, wearing leather and fishnet outfits with dark makeup, but Minnie was shown at a different angle. It was just a headshot of her, looking up at the camera with the vintage microphone in her hand and her hair blowing away from her heavily made face.

I was at the Three Pinks' dorm.

'Oh yeah, I was supposed to propose to Minnie yesterday...'

Did I pass out again or something?

I saw Minnie out of the bottom corner of my eye. She was on the floor, wrapped in plain thick blankets, her head and arms on top of the wood-top coffee table in front of the couch. One hand was clutching a pen, the other a small, white velvet box.

'Is that my ring?' I thought, pulling out the small box of my own out of my pocket, flipping it open and revealing the silver band. I smiled and gazed at it for a moment, but shook out of it when I realized my fiance's position. She looked so uncomfortable.

I took the blankets off of her and moved the coffee table a bit so I could have room to pick her up, creating an unfriendly screetch across the hardwood floor. She stirred a bit and looked up at me still half asleep, unconsciously dropping both the ring box and her pen and revealling a notepad that lay flat under her face.

"Tae...Min?" She asked, sitting up and running a slow hand through her hair.

"Shh..." I said softly, reaching down and putting one arm under her knees. She obliged by wrapping her arms around my neck and nuzzling her face in my shoulder.

For a moment, my heart stopped beating, and a hot blush creeped across my face. For some reason, I didn't really feel like putting her light body down, but I knew I had to.

I sat her head on the cushy pillow and then pushed the blankets aside before setting down her legs and covering her up with both the plain and the robot unicorn blankets, then took in a deep breath to reminisce on what I just felt. I glanced down at the coffee table.

There were two notes, one propped up by a picture frame and the other lying flat. I read the standing note first.

 

Minnie~

Manager-Ahjussi gave us a surprise schedule. Gonna be gone with Yonghwa and Shinnie-Oppa 'till late. Camera crews are outside the dorm building to film you if you guys go out. Don't sleep too long! By the time we come back you better be an engaged woman! Remember Jongie and Minhyuk are down the hall if you need anything!

FIGHTING!
~TR&TS

P.S: Your challenges for today and tomorrow are on the fridge ^_^ the pink one is yours, Minnie. Blue one is Taemin's. Don't open them until you're engaged!

 

I chuckled at the note, then looked over at the one lying flat.

At the top, I saw the words 'Dear Taemin...' written in what I assumed to be Minnie's handwriting, then a full bodied paragraph dotted with little side notes and scribbles.

She was planning a speech for her proposal, and I couldn't help but smile at the thought.

'At least she's planned something, unlike me...'

My original plan was to run in a romantic-like state all the way to her house and get down on one knee, but that didn't go very well, I guess...

I looked at my watch. 7am.

"Key should be up by now..." I whispered to myself as I grabbed the house phone on the coffee table and dialed SHINee's dorm number.

Beeeep. Bee-

"WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH TAEMIN?!" Key answered in a panic.

I chuckled, "Umma, it's me. I need your help."

"Taemin-ah!" Jonghyun called in a worried tone. "Are you okay?! Have they done bad things to you? And if so, are they hot- Ow! Key don't hit me!" I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Guys, I'm fine. Listen, could you bring me some clean clothes..." I caught sight of myself in the big vanity in the living room and cocked an eyebrow at my reflection.

"...and a stylist noona?"

"Neh, but where the hell are you?" Key asked.

"Three Pinks' dorm. Please pretend your is on fire and get over here. She's gonna wake up soon."

"Arraso... wait, you slept with her?!"

 

After my ten minute conversation with my hyungs about the "birds and the bees" (Jonghyun) and how my body still remained pure and how it should "STAY THAT WAY UNTIL I'M MARRIED(Key)," I nonchalantly headed to the kitchen.

I immediately found two envelopes labeled POST held by magnets on the fridge. Like the twins said, one was labeled in pink, the other in blue. Because I had to propose to her before I could open it, I left them hanging there and opened the fridge, thinking of ideas for Minnie's breakfast while staring at the abundance of food crammed into such a small refrigerator.

'Dang, these girls eat a lot...'

I shook off the thought and grabbed some ingredients to make her meal.

'I hope Key's cooking lessons have paid off...' 

After I gathered some ingredients and took out some cooking equipment, I found the manliest purple polka dotted apron hanging in the kitchen, tied up the strings, and nodded with a serious determined face.

Men, let us prepare for a completely improv day. Start your engines.

 

After about half an hour, the kimchi soup was almost done and I already started on frying eggs and cooking rice. There was a light knock at the door.

I quickly answered, careful not to wake sleeping beauty on the couch, and was greeted by a relieved Key holding a bundle of clothes, an ecstatic Minho and a sleepy stylist Noona. Before any of them could say a single word, I put on a serious face and a finger to my lips.

"She's sleeping," I whispered, leading them inside the dorm.

Minho snickered, "Nice apron, Min-Min."

I rolled my eyes as we entered the kitchen but my gaze averted to the kimchi soup nearly boiling over on the stove.

"Crap!" I said, turning down the burner and stirring the soup. ladeling some into a spoon and nearly choking when I tasted it. Key rolled his eyes and pushed me aside and sampled it for himself, having the same reaction.

"Did you in this or what?!" He nearly yelled, clearly disappointed.

"I thought you didn't like cussing, Umma."

"I'm Umma. I say whatever the I want."

After Minho came in and sided with Key on my completely bad() cooking skills, we decided to let me stick to rice and eggs while Key and Minho fixed the 'Monstrosity in the pot' I created.

Oopsie.

"I really hope she's happy with this..." I said to myself.

After I finished with my part, I turned to my Hyungs.

"Can you guys finish? I have to get stuff ready. This is gonna take a while."

"Where are you gonna do it?" Minho asked. I grinned.

"My special place, Hyung! Minho, give me your phone so I can text you guys when I'm ready. I can call a van to pick me up and take me places, but I need you two to stay and do some things with her first."

My hyungs furrowed their eyebrows. "...Like what?"

 

Minnie's POV

I woke up to the smell of eggs and something else quite familiar. I didn't get up or open my eyes, just snuggled up on the couch in my blankets.

'I really hope Taemin's okay,' I thought.

Wait, wasn't he supposed to be sleeping on the couch?

My eyes shot open and I sat up, looking around the room for sight of him.

"Y'know, for an idol, you wake up late." I jumped a bit, startled by the random deep voice talking to me. I looked in the direction it came from, only to see Minho and another member of SHINee siting at the dining table across the room, staring at me. They both chuckled and walked up to me.

'Please don't me please don't me please don't me...'

The man with Minho had a very slim body and high cheekbones, one might mistake him for being anorexic, but I knew too well that he was just lean. His hair was a messy blonde color with a wave to it, cut short to reveal lightly lined feline eyes.

"It's so nice to finally meet you!" He said, giving me a light hug. The moment he spoke, I knew exactly who it was.

I smiled, "You too, Umma." After talking on the phone with him at the date, I only knew him as Umma. I was pretty sure his name was 'Key' or something like that.

"Where's Taemin?" I asked unconciously. "And my Unnies?"

"The twins are at a schedule. As for Taemin..." Minho smirked. "You'll know soon enough."

This marriage was feeling more and more real every minute, and I've only been out with the guy once.

"O-oh..." Was all I said, then looked at the clock on the wall that read 11am.

"Have you eaten yet?" I asked, getting up and heading to the kitchen to make breakfast for myself. I didn't even bother getting ready. After all, they were going to see me in my run-down state eventually. However, Minho stopped me with an anxious Key following behind.

"You sit there, princess," Minho said in his husky voice, smiling softly and pointing to the table. I blushed, then hesitantly nodded, turning on my heel to the dining table. I did as told, obediently sitting in my seat and anticipating what these boys had planned. One thing was for sure:

Whatever Taemin was planning, he was certainly going all-out.

And that terrified me.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys ^_^

so this is the first chapter that I actually wrote on paper before publishing and I thought it turned out pretty good :D

hope u liked it ^_^

COMMENT REPLIES:

@shineemimi: Glad for the comment :D

@vanaja: oh shucks yew :3

hmm seems my readers have been silent lately...

i still love all of you <3 and I am holding a contest that shall be posted next chapter and it's about this very story :3 stay tuned ^_^

please comment! All comments are replied to! And subscribe! :D

BTW im gonna start adding questions to the end of every chapter so i can get your opinions :D

question: what's the funniest moment you've read so far in this story? :)