Taemin's Warning (In-Laws Part 1)

We Got Married [Taemin Edition]

Minnie's POV

"What do you think it is?" Taemin asked playfully, holding the envelopes to his chest and egging me on to guess.

I shrugged, "Yonghwa said I'm gonna pick a wedding dress or something soon." He nodded, disappointed at my response, and handed the pink envelope to me.

"The twin noonas left a note saying that it's for today and tomorrow," He paused to flip up the envelope flap. "...but this show is very unpredictable."

I shrugged and pulled out a pink index-card sized note out of the envelope.

 

From the WGM staff, we contratulate you on your official engagement.

However, it seems SHINee doesn't know you that well.

A happy marriage must include good relationships with the in-laws.

So, instead of picking wedding dresses, you will spend the next five days in SHINee's dorm, starting today.

Your fiance will do the same at the Three Pinks' dorm.

Your next challenge will be sent to you on the fifth day of your stay.

Good Luck!

 

Taemin and I looked at each other after we finished reading our notes and gulped.

"Well," I started, placing the note back in the envelope and straightening out any wrinkles multiple times. "This should be..."

"Fun," He finished for me. I meakly nodded and stared at the letters on the envelope.

"Yeah...loads."

 

Taemin's POV

We walked out of the dance studio together after I grabbed the small hidden cameras, locked everything up and found a van parked outside. I panicked a bit at first when I thought it was the camera crews, but sighed in relief when I saw Manager-Hyung at the driver's seat through the tinted windows.

We stepped in and found Key and Minho sitting in the front two seats, so Minnie and I sat in the back, just the two of us.

Minho looked back and chuckled at us.

"Did you guys plan this?" He asked, gesturing a finger toward our red-colored pants. Minnie giggled and we both shook our heads. Key turned, glared at Minho for some reason, but looked at Minnie with a soft expression.

"We're going to our dorm first so Taemin can get his things. We'll drop him off at your dorm, where you will get your things. Sound good?"

Minnie just nodded, holding her teddy bear close.

When both Key and Minho looked away, I turned to her and whispered in her ear.

 

Minnie's POV

"Do you have a paper and pen?" Taemin whispered softly. I nodded, reaching for my purse and getting little shivers when his breath hit my ear. It smelled like banana milk.

"Why?" I mouthed. He only smiled at me widely and accepted my notepad and pen when I handed it to him.

God, that smile. Being mere inches away from it makes your heart wonder whether or not it should keep beating. I guess I didn't notice it on that first date.

He quickly wrote something down, and handed me back the notepad.

 

Banana_Min

That's my Skype name. Do you have skype?

 

I chuckled at his username and ripped the note in half. The top half contained his user, and I wrote my own on the bottom half, then handed him both the ripped note and the notepad and pen.

Taemin looked at my user and chuckled a bit, putting a hand to his lips. He stuffed the ripped paper into his pocket and began writing on the notepad.

 

What are the twin Noonas like? I'm a bit scared...

 

I smiled, still wondering why we were writing notes, but scribbled my response anyway.

 

Not so bad. They act a lot like Key-Umma, just a bit girlier. They're gonna love you though, don't worry.
What are your hyungs like?

 

This note-writing went on for the few minutes it took to get to SHINee's dorm, and by the time the van parked, there was a small stack of written notes next to my legs. They were mostly about what to expect from both SHINee and my Unnies, and believe me, this advice was gold.

Key looked back to check a couple times to see why we were so quiet during the drive, but we kept our small notes a secret, making excuses like 'there's nothing to talk about' or quickly stare out the windows as if we didn't know each other at all, then glance back at each other and smile.

They're small, harmless gestures... I thought to myself.

"Let's go," Minho said as the door opened, smiling at me and leading me out of the van with my teddy bear, bouquet and purse in my arms, the little messages neatly tucked inside.

...But they made me feel funny.

We walked into SHINee's dorm, and I gasped at the condition of it.

The place must have had a designer from freaking... Gucci. Or Armani, or just... (Insert famous designer's name here).

I must've looked like an idiot, standing there in the middle of the living room with my pigtails and all the things in my arms, not to mention I think my mouth was hanging open.

Plush-filled leather couches.

Abstract art canvases on the walls.

A round-glass coffee table that stood atop a soft, vintage rug in the middle of the living room.

The kitchen had a bar with elegant dark granite countertops.

Minho chuckled, "You like?"

I merely nodded, not looking at him.

Taemin stood in front of me and smiled, then shook me out of my thoughts by putting his hand on the small of my back and leading me into his room. I couldn't help but blush at the sudden contact.

 

Taemin's room wasn't exactly elegant and fancy like the rest of the dorm.

It was actually quite... ordinary.

But at the time, I didn't get a good look at it.

"Mianhe, if it wasn't what you were expecting," He said embarrassed. I snapped out of my thoughts and shook my head.

"Nononono! It's nice, don't worry!" Taemin's expression was confused for a moment, but softened as he reached next to his dresser and pulled out a small red suitcase and started packing. I set my purse and teddy bear on the floor next to his desk and sat next to him, clutching and occasionally sniffing my roses.

 

"My room isn't much different," I admitted, only watching him as he folded up his clothes.

"The rest of the members' rooms were designed by top artists hired by the company as a gift for earning the rookie award. Onew-Hyung's room even has a mini-fridge."

"Why didn't you want your room done?"

He paused, not looking at me, but continued to fold and organize his suitcase.

"It was only a few weeks after we debuted that I started to feel homesick. When I showed my family my room for the first time, it was a mess, really. My Umma redesigned my room for me, and it's exactly like my room at home. So every time I feel I'm missing my family, I just have to step into my room, and I'm there." He finished as he zipped up his small suitcase and smiled at me.

"Sounds a bit childish, doesn't it?" I smiled back and shook my head.

"Sounds nice, actually. Sounds like you still want to be considered-"

"Normal?"

I smiled, "Yeah."

Taemin got up and held a hand out to me.

"Ka-ja." I glanced at his palm, and my eyes followed up his arm, to his shoulder, and eventually met his face, only to quickly turn back to his palm.

"N-neh..." And with that I took his hand.

 

We headed out, and it didn't take but a few minutes to reach the Three Pinks dorm.

"Minho and I are gonna stay in here," Key said as the van parked.

I didn't think anything of it and shrugged, "Alright."

So Taemin and I walked up to my dorm with his bag, once again being just the two of us. I turned my phone on and sent a text to To-Shi, but found her phone was off, along with To-Ri's.

"Do you know where my Unnies went?" I asked Taemin as we hopped into the elevator and I pressed the '5.' He shoved his hands in his pockets and shrugged.

"Not sure, but they said they had a schedule with Yonghwa-Hyung and some guy named Shinnie I think and they won't be back until late."

 

Taemin's POV

She laughed, "Shinnie would be Jungshin-Oppa."

"Oh..." The elevator made a 'ding' as we hit the fifth floor. "So is it true that they live across the hall?"

"Mhm!" Minnie unlocked the door, quickly filled a vase with water and set her roses in it, then arranged it neatly on the kitchen table. I chuckled, but then without another word, she lead me to her room. 

She was right, it was a lot like mine, but I didn't really get a good look at it at that time; my eyes were on her.

But something on the wall caught my eye and I had to glance at it twice before really focusing on it.

"Min-Ki?" I asked, smiling at the blue decorated wooden characters pinned up on the wall. I looked back at her. She was reaching for her suitcase, but stopped when I spoke.

"Is that your name?" She pursed her lips into a hard line but nodded, chuckling.

I chuckled too, "What?" She just shook her head and headed to her closet.

"Aniyo... You're probably wondering, right?"

"Wondering what?"

"Wondering why I have a boy's name..." She set her red and white striped suitcase down wide open and got on her knees, reaching up to get her clothes from the dresser.

I chuckled, "A little."

She didn't say anything after that, and for a few minutes, we sat in silence.

"I'll tell you eventually." Minnie finished up the last of her clothes and looked at me, resting her hands on her knees.

"I think I have to get back to Key and Minho so we can get this in-laws thing over with." She got up, dragging her suitcase to its wheels. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"But your Unnies aren't supposed to be home until late." I got up. "What am I supposed to do then?"

She stopped, then smiled a bit.

Before I knew it, I ended up in CN Blue's dorm, and Minnie had left, leaving me with a quick hug and a wave goodbye.

"Fighting..." I said weakly, staring at the door as she left. CN Blue's dorm had two couches, and both Lee Jonghyun and Kang Minhyuk were sitting in front of me.

"You want a cream bun?" Minhyuk asked randomly as he waved the cellophane wrapped lump of bread in front of me, getting one of his own. I gladly took it with a smile, and ripped the package open, tearing off bits and pieces and letting them dissolve in my mouth as we talked.

"So was it last minute? The proposal, I mean," Jonghyun asked as if he was interrogating me. I hesitated, but nodded, guilty.

"Yeah..."

"It's okay!" Minhyuk said, taking a bite of the cream bun. "Seems this whole show was last minute anyway!"

I chuckled and nodded in agreement, "You have no idea..."

Jonghyun chuckled, then looked to his left, staring at a picture on the wall.

"She's been through hell." He looked at me. "Promise me something?"

"Anything." Minhyuk touched his shoulder.

"You're gonna tell him now?" He asked. His bandmate nodded, and I was oblivious to what they were talking about. Jonghyun turned to me, and we locked eyes, and the once bubbly drummer turned serious.

"Don't treat this as a fake marriage. She's yours for now, your yeobo, but she's also our dongsaeng. Don't miss her calls."

"Don't act like you're better." Minhyuk butted in.

"Pay attention to her feelings-"

"-And don't ignore them."

"Your image doesn't matter when you're with her."

"But her's does."

"Clean up after her, and don't complain."

"But most importantly-"

"-make her feel invincible."


 

OHMYGOD. I NEED TO GET THIS FIC MOVING. AND THIS WAS A TY UPDATE AFTER THREE WEEKS.

11 CHAPTERS AND THE WHOLE TIME SPAN HAS BEEN LIKE... 3 DAYS. NOT EVEN.

Mianhae if this is slow, but this is important bonding shtuff, so its just... important

Next chapter, a week is gonna go by in one shot so stay tuned :) sorry i havent updated in so long.

OH BTW I have a new story called From the Ground, Up. It's a contest entry story. Please go comment and subscribe! You readers are like my really comfy bra: CLOSE TO MY HEART AND YOU ALL SUPPORT ME QUITE NICELY <3

THERE IS A CONTEST GOING ON FOR THIS STORY. I PUT UP A NEW STORY THAT SHOWS THE RULES AND PRIZES AND WHATNOT. CLICK HERE.

and OHMIGAD. DID YOU SEE THE JONGTAE AND 2MIN AND 2KEY? DAFUQ! MIND=BLOWN, I'M SO HAPPY RITE NAO SO MANY ING FEELS JUST-jasojfewioruaewoiudjkdsanvewjarepoaioi

but anyways. COMMENT REPLIES COMMENSE!

@vanaja: i guess you could say she's not used to it, and she's more of a person that does things for other people :) and hmmm we'll have to see what taemin said ;) probably revealed next chapter

@shineemimi: i like surprises tew :3

@u-knowkey: YUSH CUZ TAEBABY TAKES CARE OF ALL OF USHH

@Midnightb2st: HELLZ YES FOR EPICNESS

@AnnyAegy17: i hope his proposal was to your liking :)

@mechuu: YOU'RE SO WONDERFUL TEW BB <3

@summerbaby: OHMIGAD YOU FINALLY COMMENTED. and minho ish a flirty mc flirt flirt flirrttt <3 btw it was minho and key that visited her omma xDD and me? a great author? oh shucks yew :3 you're a great commenter <3 and i haz so many feels for your comments bro T^T

@blooiris101: YUSH. FINALLY!!