That Green Gentleman (Part 2/2)

We Got Married [Taemin Edition]

Taemin's POV

 

"WE ARE LOOKING FOR A MAN IN GREEN!" Onew yelled.

Without anything else, fangirls and boys crowded around our small passe of SHINee members, bodyguards, and cameras.

Yeah, as if we weren't obvious enough.

Moments later, I was pressed up against Minho, Key, and the back of one of the bodyguards. The shoppers shoved autograph books and giant markers in our faces, and the situation was so intense, I crouched to the ground. Claustrophobia started to settle in as I looked for a way out of the whole facade.

Suddenly a hand grabbed onto my arm, and I was pulled out of the crowd.

"Woah! Hey-"

"Shhh!" The person the hand belonged to said. I looked up to see a face, but I found none; Only a green spandex mask covering the features of this mysterious person, along with a pair of dark sunglasses and a black fedora.

It's the man in green!

Without another thought, he dragged me to my feet, and we ran. I wasn't sure where, but I didn't exactly care either. All I knew was that he knew where my ring was, and the camera following us wanted to see more action. 

"Look! Lee Taemin!" A fan shouted from behind us.

Look, more action.

 The man looked back and shook his head, only fastening his pace, making my legs start to shiver in agony. I was hoping that we would find a getaway car, something to take us somewhere safe. I looked to the street beside us, and a giant van stopped on the curb, releasing a small army of cameramen and bodyguards to blockade the mob. I sighed in relief as we slowed down to a jog, and finally a walk at the entrance of a large allyway.

The man turned to me, then turned back to the direction we were headed, not saying a word.

We walked with now two cameramen following us from the front and from behind. I was getting quite anxious to complete this challenge, because the show can't continue until I find my desired item.

"Where are we going?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence between us all. The no-faced green man turned toward me, putting a finger to his lips. At that point I noticed the green spandex was also on his hands and he was wearing a large, black leather trenchcoat.

"Okay then..."

We turned many corners in this labrynth of an allyway. Then, we finally stopped in the middle of one of the paths. He turned to me, reached into one of his coat pockets, and pulled out a piece of crumpled paper.

Do you know where you are?

I shook my head, "Nope." He nodded, then reached into his pocket again.

Excellent ^__^

I cocked an eyebrow, "How did you know I would be lost?" He didn't say anything, just smiled form under his skin-tight mask and handed me a POST envelope.

 

To Future Groom, Lee Taemin,

Congratulations on getting this far. We can tell you are committed to the lovely Minnie, your future wife.

The challenge for you is simple:

~

The rat is lost, it must find its way home.

In order for you to do so, you must learn.

Faithful beings must roam,

Frolicing cats must earn.

All you need to do is turn the next corner.

Next, you'll be on your way.

You'll be the one to know the order.

~

If this riddle causes trouble for you, search the things that catch your eye.


 

I looked at the poem, confused.

"Hey, what does it mean by-" I looked up and found no one, not even the camera people. I pivoted my head side to side, focusing in the distance.

No one.

"I'll call someone, then." I took out my phone and searched through my address book. "Let's see... who's good at riddles?"

Minnie is good at riddles, but she's my 'fiance.' I can't ask her.

The other members are with the other camera crew and fans. Calling them would cause more commotion.

Besides them, I didn't really know the other people personally. To-Ri and To-Shi-noonas probably still think I'm Jonghyun, if Minnie hasn't told them yet. I sighed, and looked back at the hint. 

Search the things that catch your eye.

Well, the word 'order' is underlined. That could mean the order of anything! Numbers, steps... The first letters of every line are in bold. That catches my eye.

Maybe it's the number of the bold letters? I thought. Suddenly, a lightbulb went off in my head.

Of course!

T-I-F-F-A-N-Y.

I jerked my phone out of my pocket, but it slipped out of my hand, crashed down to the rough ground and shattered to pieces.

"!" I shouted, immediately covering my mouth.

"Please edit that out," I said innocently to any hidden cameras that may be around. I knew I needed to get out of this maze. I ran down an ally and turned a corner, instantly finding a sidewalk and street in front of me. My plan at that point: Run to the SNSD dorm.

Oh boy...

I sprinted out of the narrow ally, doing my best to cover my face with my hand.

"It's him! SHINee's maknae!" Fans screamed.

Crap.

They all ran toward me, but I was faster. I knew exactly where I was, and SNSD's dorm was just a few minutes away.

I WILL MAKE IT THERE ALIVE! I AM SPAR-TAE-CUS!

I pumped my arms at my sides, trying to outrun the growing mob of fangirls behind me. 

"Taemin-Oppa!"

"Maknaee!!!"

"Lucifer maknae!" They screamed. Within what felt like forever, I finally reached the entrance of SNSD's dorm. I entered my passcode as fast as I could, and burst through the door when it opened, slamming it shut behind me. Tiffany-Noona was on the second floor, and thankfully there was an elevator.

Elevator down. Mianhae~ ^o^

Great.

I ran up the two flights of stairs to Tiffany's floor, and knocked on the third door on the right. At that time, the pants turned into grunts.

"Oh, Taemin-ssi!" She answered happily, but groaned when she saw me. "What happened? Your hair is all messed up and you're all sweaty!"

"Spar..." I fell on my knees. "Tae..." I faceplanted the floor. "Cuuussss........." And with that, I out.

~

Everything was all hazy. I didn't know exactly where I was, or how I got to my current location. I looked to my right, and saw the faint outline of a girl with long hair.

"Min-Minnie?" I groaned. The girl giggled.

"No, silly." My vision focused and I saw it was Tiffany-Noona. I sat up, fully energized.

"My ring!" I yelled. She smiled softly.

"Don't worry, kiddo. I have many, but your challenge now is to pick one that would suit her, and you have to tell me why."

I nodded, "Okay..."

She reached for a bag behind her and pulled out about ten ring boxes, all different colors, shapes and sizes. A few were blue, a couple were red, and some were green.

 

Minnie's POV

"I have to pick his wedding band?" I asked Yonghwa. He nodded.

"Mm. You have to pick one that would suit him, and you have to tell me why."

"What do you mean why?"

"I mean, tell me about him; why would a certain ring suit him?"

"Ah..." One by one, he opened up boxes in front of me, all different colors, shapes and sizes. They were all so shiney, so bright. I've never seen so much gold, silver and diamonds in my life at one time in my possession.

"Oh my god, where do I start?"

"Start wherever. We've got all day.

"I don't know him that well, though."

"Well, take from what you know about him! Tell me about him."

I sighed, "Well... He's like the boy version of me. He's a bit shy, funny, and clumsy."

 

Taemin's POV

"These diamonds are beautiful, like her. She's like me, personality wise." One by one, I pushed a few out of the way.

"She likes girly, feminine things, I can tell... But she's got this-"

 

Minnie's POV

"-unique sort of likeness toward things. It's... odd, but I like it. He'd like something sentimental. Something..." I pushed the last two out of the way.

"...Like this."

 

Taemin's POV

"...Like this."


 

OHMYGODOHMYGOD! SUCH A LONG TIME SINCE I LAST UPDATED!

I'm on summer vacation in Thailand, and I've been extremely busy with family and everything.

DID YOU HEAR FT ISLAND HAD A CONCERT IN BANGKOK? I didn't go, sadly :(

I'll reply to comments next chapter, which is coming sooner than you think! I'm working on it right now :)

Thank you all for sticking with me, and I'd love to have this story featured (if I can comment enough on other stories and get karma lol :) )

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!

SUBSCRIBE IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!

If you're a new reader, please comment that! I would love to see new readers! :D