07. When I grow up

Springtime Medley
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I Grow Up.
X
SinB-Mingyu | Yerin-Wonwoo
'When I Grow Up' by SEVENTEEN, 2nd Mini Album, 'BOYS BE'

They had been waiting for at least half an hour.

Wonwoo paced back and forth, occasionally glancing at his watch.

Yerin leaned against the wall as she sipped on her coffee.

"It's not the first time." Wonwoo said to Yerin with a sigh. He stopped walking and leaned on the wall beside Yerin.

Yerin nodded, sighing as well. Wonwoo casually grabbed Yerin's cup of coffee from her hands and took a sip.

Yerin blinked as she looked from her hands to the coffee cup, currently in Wonwoo's hands.

Before she could say anything, Wonwoo handed back the cup of coffee.

"We even managed to get coffee this time." Wonwoo continued. 

"Wonwoo, didn't you have your coffee just now?" Yerin asked.

"Yes. But when it comes to waiting for the two of them, one cup is not enough." Wonwoo said wittily as he knew Yerin was wondering why he drank her coffee.

Yerin was about to find something to say about his reason for drinking her coffee but she realised he made sense.

"Great, I see them." Wonwoo said and Yerin turned to the direction he faced.

Yerin glanced at her phone. 15 more minutes have passed.

"Wonwoo, let's Uber." Yerin said as she unlocked her phone. "If not, we'll be late"

Wonwoo nodded in agreement.

"We'll make them pay for it." Wonwoo said and Yerin nodded.

By the time the two latecomers were infront of Yerin and Wonwoo, they were panting.

"Unnie, we're so sorry!" SinB started as she straightened her skirt, trying to catch her breath. Mingyu nodded in agreement as he fixed his messy hair (that he didn't bother to tame for work).

"What's the reason for being late this time?" Wonwoo asked. Yerin managed to get the taxi.

"She was taking so long to fix her hair!"

"He was taking such a long time to choose his shirt!"

"She left her phone at my house."

"He forgot to lock the door and we had to walk back again!" 

Wonwoo and Yerin looked at them with blank expressions as they went on and on.

As the taxi halted infront of them, SinB and Mingyu turned their attention to the vehicle and stopped talking.

Wonwoo pulled open the door and he and Yerin got in. They turned to see Mingyu and SinB looking at them.

"At this rate, your internships with the company will be voided." Yerin said and as soon as Yerin said it, SinB and Mingyu hopped onto the taxi.

As the taxi headed to their office, Yerin said to SinB and Mingyu, "This is the longest you two ever made us wait."

"We even had time to grab a bite." Wonwoo added and laughed.

"We're sorry." Mingyu turned around to apologise to Wonwoo and Yerin this time.

"Please don't ever be this late again." Yerin said and the younger two nodded their heads.

As they reached their office, Wonwoo and Yerin immediately got out. 

"This Uber is on the both of you." Wonwoo said and he and Yerin gave a huge grin before walking off.

But Wonwoo and Yerin didn't go far. After a few steps, they whirled around to see SinB and Mingyu fussing over the bill.

"Can't you pay first? I'll pay you back later!" Mingyu said as SinB offered half the amount of the bill.

SinB rolled her eyes. "Kim Mingyu!" SinB said with a glare.

Wonwoo and Yerin face-palmed before walking to them. SinB reuluctantly paid the full amount and the driver was so eager to leave.

"When can you two ever not bicker?" Wonwoo said and SinB and Mingyu exchange glances.

"It's hard to believe you two grew up together in the same neighbourhood for your whole lives. You two live just beside one another." Yerin added. It wasn't the first time Yerin and Wonwoo had said it.

"I wonder too." SinB said. Mingyu looked at SinB before looking at Wonwoo and Yerin, nodding his head.

Just as Mingyu walked into the office building, SinB pushed him causing him to stumble slightly.

SinB stuck her tongue out before walking ahead of him.

'She's going to get it later in the evening.'

- - - - - - - - - -

"Oh, Mingyu!"

Mingyu, who was at the photocopier machine, turned around to the source of the voice.

Mingyu broke into a smile as the person apporached him. "Hi Dokyeom"

Dokyeom flashed his signature smile and gave Mingyu a casual hug.

"What's up?" Mingyu asked as he glanced to the photocopier machine to make sure the documents were still printing.

"So, I was planning to bring my girlfriend to All That Skate, an ice show headlined by Kim Yuna." Dokyeom started and Mingyu nodded.

"But Yuju, my girlfriend, is now in Japan on a business meeting and won't be back after the shows." Dokyeom continued.

"So now I've got two tickets to the show. I was wondering if you're interested to have the tickets." Dokyeom said and waited for Mingyu's reply.

It was silent between them, except for the shuffling sound of the paper and the vibration of the printer.

Mingyu, who couldn't bear to turn down the offer, as well as the silence, nodded with a grin.

"That's great!" Dokyeom clapped his hands excitedly. "You don't have to pay me back. Just treat me to a meal someday" Dokyeom continued and Mingyu's smiled widened.

"Thank you, Dokyeom" Mingyu said. "I'll see you at lunch later and pass you the tickets!" Dokyeom said and patted Mingyu's back.

'Well maybe I can send Wonwoo and Yerin on a date.' Mingyu thought as he collected the freshly printed documents from the photocopier machine.

- - - - - - - - - -

'How did this happen?' Mingyu asked as he waited for the time to strike.

Mingyu was decently dressed and he did his hair meticulously. As the second passed, he couldn't believe how ridiculous the situation seemed to be.

"Oh look, now I'm more punctual and earlier then I've ever been." Mingyu said as he realised he was never this early when preparing to go to work.

As soon as the digital clock beeped, he stood up from his sofa and headed out of his house.

Stepping into the evening breeze, he looked left and right. He turned to his right and started walkng into the direction.

As soon as he stopped walking, he saw a lady locking the door to her house. Turning around, she walked further away from her house, closer and closer to Kim Mingyu.

Mingyu was slightly taken aback at the woman in front of him.

The two merely looked at each other, feeling the atmosphere change as the seconds go by.

"Oh hey, Eunbi" Mingyu said, not realising that he even called her by her real name.

SinB, like Mingyu, was well-dressed like him. She even had more makeup on (she didn't overdo it). Mingyu realised that she was wearing a dress.

"You look great. You should wear dresses more often." Mingyu said and SinB couldn't believe her ears.

'Did I just hear a compliment from Kim Mingyu? Not a criticism?' SinB thought as she looked at he skirt and heels.

"Thank you. You look great too." SinB said and complimented him back. Mingyu gave his charismatic smile and thanked her.

SinB would normally not be charmed by his smile but she couldn't understand why she was melting slightly. 'Snap out of it Hwang Eunbi'

Mingyu's plan to send Wonwoo and Yerin on a date didn't materialise obviously, leading to this rare situation.

"Ah, Mingyu ah, I have other plans already." Wonwoo said to his best friend during lunch.

"Oh really? Would Yerin want to go with her friend?" Mingyu asked, slightly disappointed. Wonwoo paused before replying.

"I think she also has plans with a good friend, if I remembered correctly." Wonwoo said. 

"What should I do with the tickets?" Mingyu asked Wonwoo. Wonwoo put his hand on his chin and started thinking.

Just then, SinB walked past Wonwoo and Mingyu's table, absorbed in a concersation with a good friend and colleague, Eunseo.

SinB didn't notice Wonwoo and Mingyu and walked straight past them.

When SinB and Eunseo was out of earshot, Wonwoo leaned closer t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter