03. Be Natural.

Springtime Medley
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

03. Be Natural.
Characters: Seventeen, GFriend
Pairings: Vernon-Umji (VerJi), Sowon-S.Coups (SoCoups)
Idol-life // GFriend makes their comeback with their fourth mini album with a different style. But they had some help from friends they during their MAMA 2016 collaboration.
S.E.S / Red Velvet feat Taeyong - Be Natural

"C-C-C-Comeback Chat!" The two MCs cried out.

"Welcome back to another episode of 'Comeback Chat!', I'm Kim Shinyoung!" Kim Shinyoung introduced herself.

"I'm Eric Nam and we are your hosts for this show!" Eric said as him and Shinyoung introduced themselves.

"Today, we have a very special group on Comeback Chat! In the year of 2016, this group won 29 trophies from music shows in total for two comebacks. " The first MC, Kim Shinyoung, started introducing the group.

"This group charmed viewers and listeners with their pure, innocent-like music and knife-like choreography, giving rise to the term 'Power Innocence'." The other MC, Eric Nam, continued after Kim Shinyoung.

"Eric ah, I'm sure everyone knows about this group. When you talk about 'Power Innocence, there's only one group who does it well." Shinyoung conversed with Eric and he nodded instantly.

"You are right! Here we have on Comeback Chat," Eric continued and in unison, Eric and Shinyoung introduced the guests, "the one and only, GFriend!

GFriend's most iconic song to date, 'Rough' was played as the background music as the girls of GFriend made their way to the MCs. As they walked, they bowed to the two MCs.

"Aigoo, these kids are so polite." Shinyoung said in a motherly tone and Eric nodded. "GFriend, please introduce yourself!"

"One, two, three," Sowon cued.

"Hello, we are GFriend!" They cried out and bowed before introducing themselves.

The MCs ushered GFriend to the seats beside them and started the talk about their latest comeback.

"Nice! We have GFriend here in the month of April! They are back with a mini album! GFriend, can you introduce the album to the viewers?" Eric said and they nodded.

The girls were handed their physical album as they started introducing the album.

"Yes, we are back with our fourth mini album! This album moves beyond what GFriend normally shows. Our previous album, 'LOL', was a transition phase from our school triology and this time, we're back with a variety and range of music and styles." Sowon started off the introduction and the girls nodded with smiles and thumbs up.

SinB and Umji tapped Sowon and pointed to their hair and Sowon got reminded.

"We also have changed our image a bit. Some of us have really funky hairstyles that we secretly we wanting to do." Sowon continued. Sowon had ash-platinum hair.

SinB sported blonde hair and Umji had a strawberry blonde hair and she didn't have her bangs anymore. Yuju had side bangs now and she had ombre hair. Eunha's hair still wasn't long but it was just past her collarbones and she had a blue dip dye. Yerin and Eunha kept their bangs and Yerin had ash brown hair that was shorter and more layered than her previous comeback hair.

"We've heard the whole album and it is really something different from your usual concept but it sounds impressive! It must have been hard to shift from the styles!" Eric said and the girls nodded.

"So far before this album, GFriend has this very distinct sound that has received mixed responses from all listeners. It indeed was challenging trying to do things differently." Eunha continued and the girls continued to nod.

"It indeed must have been!  Are there any special things you want to highlight about this album?" Shinyoung nodded in agreement before prompting the girls further.

"This time, all of us decided to be part of the album-making process!" Umji said excitedly and the girls  smiled and nodded.

"Self-produced?" Eric said and the girls were quick to answer, "Not fully! We aren't that good." Yerin humbly said, earning fond looks from the MCs.

"We worked alongside producers. This time, we worked with many different producers!" Yuju said excitedly.

"How did the idea of composing and self-producing came about?" Eric asked the girls.

"When I was on my short hiatus, I tried composing and lyrics writing as I couldn't move around much. I realised composing was fun and interesting and I told the members and we decided try it for our fourth mini album!" Umji answered.

"Also, we were inspired and motivated by Seventeen! They are really admirable." Yuju said and the girls gave thumbs up to Seventeen.

"Yes, Seventeen is really good at producing! So, what are your roles in the production of this mini album?" Eric continued and waited for the girls' reply.

"Yuju was mainly the composer and lyricist! Umji wrote lyrics for most of our songs but she helped in the composing. Sowon also did some lyrics and Eunha also composed and she did the arrangement and some vocal directing!" SinB spoke.

There was an awkward silence before Kim Shinyoung spoke.

"What did you guys do?" Kim Shinyoung said to SinB and Yerin and they all burst out laughing.

"We were in charge of choreographing! Umji and Sowon also did some of the choreography!" SinB continued after she recovered from the laughter.

"Ah! You guys helped in the choreography aspect!" Eric Nam said, understanding how they played a part in producing the album.

"But the choreography is no joke. This is our hardest choreography to date." Yuju told the MCs. 

"Then we must see it!" Shinyoung said and Eric clapped for them. Yerin and SinB stood up slowly and walked to the front.

They did the point choreography and earned claps from everyone in the studio. "Wah, this choreography is really no joke!" Eric Nam said in English and Kim Shinyoung looked lost. SinB and Yerin bowed before sitting down.

Suddenly, Yerin clapped loudly, "Yes, there's one very important highlight!" Yerin said and all eyes were on her. The GFriend members were wondering what she was going to say

"Our main and lead rappers are revealed!" Yerin said excited and the girls cheered.

"Ah! That's right, I heard quite a bit of rapping in the songs! Who are your rappers?" Eric said, curious about the rapping voices in their songs.

"Our main rapper is Sowon and the lead rapper is Umji!" Eunha introduced and Sowon and Umji, who raised their hand.

"Oh, so those were your voices in the title track?" Eric said and Sowon nodded. "Sowon, Umji, did you guys write your own rap too?" Shinyoung asked and the Lead

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter